Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20" LCD - recomendations?

Options
  • 21-03-2006 5:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Money no object, i need a quality piece of but with one condition - IT MUST be beige/white in color. :eek:

Why the hell is is soooo hard to find LCD monitors of this color?, fudge your fancy black and silver, gimme white! :mad:

Anyone help me in the right direction with a product to fit my taste?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Im afraid beige dissappeared with the Pentium3 era:D

Dell do a great 20" monitor, its the 2000fpw, but its black :(

I doubt you will find a quality LCD that is white these days.

Why does it have to be white? Dont tell me you have a white case!!!!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have a Philips 200W6 20" widescreen. Lovely bit of kit but silver....if you turn the lights off it does look kind of beige/white tho :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you never mentioned what its going to be used for? Games I assume, but does it need to be widescreen?

Just wondering, can you buy SONY X-BLack stand alone LCD monitors, the same as the ones you get on Vaio's, those have to be the best quality LCD panels i've ever seen, although if you want one with the ability to do Matt effect pretty well, for ease of reading, they won't do it, 100% glossy.

About white LCDs, i'm sure there are some apple-a-like monitors out there, does it have to be beige or can it be white? Can you actually buy Apple brand monitors on their own for PCs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

White, money no object? Apple Cinema Display! Yum.
    http://www.apple.com/displays/
    20, 23 and 30 inch flavours.

Those Apple LCDs are brushed aluminium, not white :o

And is 14ms response fast enough for games?

Why not buy a Good monitor and a can of white spray paint and some masking tape:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Oops, thought they came in white too.

So did I seen as Apple patented the colour white:D

I've got an old 17" beige LCD if you want it... €500 ono :D What you said money is no object

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Well i've already got an ultra high end CRT in the shape of the Mitsubishi 2070SB, no better CRT out there. Now i am thinking about an LCD widescreen.

Dunno, can't choose.

There are LCDs out with 2ms response time now, would be as good if not better than a CRT. Why only 20" if money isn't an object, why not a 30" LCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Because it would burn the head off you to look at a 30" panel all day for working. I have a 26" 1366x768 TV and theres no way I could sit it on my desk. It's fine for browsing from the couch though!

??? I'd have to disagree, the majority of people I know that work with computers usually work with 2 or 3 LCDs in front of them, agreeably they don't use 1 monster 30" LCD, but they do use the equivalent screen real estate with 2 17" screens beside each other, i've got 2 LCDs on right now in front of me, one 19" LCD, the other 17".

... and I thought this monitor was for games, you can get pretty good work monitors that have a really good matt effect to them, so they are easier on the eyes, although crap for games.

BTW. Samsung do some good white LCDs:
    Samsung Syncmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

samsung 214t or nec lcd2170nx £500 stg each afaik

I nearly took the plunge on one but hadnt the balls

maybey you will and tell us what its like

Advertisement