Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Way to listen to mp3 player/radio without headphones?!

Options
  • 21-03-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

obviously sounds pretty silly doesn't it? :p

Well in work, I like to listen to my mp3 player, but now I've been told that it's not allowed, so I was wondering if there's a way to listen to the mp3 player with no earphones?

The way I'm thinking is, the mp3 player has an FM transmitter, and then there is some sort of device that you put in your MOUTH, which picks up the signal, and the vibrations go through your jaw to your ear.

It's sounds a bit crazy! But, there used to be (and presumably still is) some sort of thingy you could buy that held lollipops, and it played a tune which you could listen to through your teeth. Not great quality, but what do ya expect!

So does such a gadget exist? Anyone know where to get it?

I know it's a long shot :p

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the ol slide the headphone up your sleeve trick and put your wrist rests under your ear...teachers were fooled, so why cant employers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

paint your earphones skin colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

or paint your skin earphones colour.

(FTL;"foolish attempt @ humour")

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah it is a good trick :p But unfortunately my job involves lots of walking around and carrying boxes, so if I kept one hand on my ear the whole time they'd probably think I was handicapped :p So, no, but thanks!

I gather there's no gadget of this sort then...! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would imagine there is something. Like those tiny hearing aids. Or the little ones james bond would use. Try a online spy store.

Advertisement