Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Based Entertainment Centre

• 21-03-2006 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone know any solutions for a mac based media centre?
    thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

last time I looked there was not a whole load of HTPC software. You can get a MythTv fronten though.

There is a good bit of in-car stuff though, which of course could be used.

I dont have any links ATM, but iof you google for in car websites they usually have a mec-centric section too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The new gen Mac Mini has 'Front Row' which seems to be along the sort of Myth TV line. Don't know if they are rolling it out as part of the OS, but I'm now seriously considering the new Mac Mini for my lounge PC solution.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/frontrow.html

front row is nothing like MythTV!

It is a handy app though, it can be hacked to work with all macs running 10.4, I posted it earlier on this board if you are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i'll have a look for that, it also seems that myth is available on the intel macs. i got front row running with my powerbook and a bluetooth phone its a great app.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Myth_on_Mac_x86

EDIT: cant seem to find that post SouperComputer, could you direct my to it please? thanks

EDIT: cant seem to find that post SouperComputer, could you direct my to it please? thanks

TADAAAAA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

thanks man, i didnt read your post properly though i thought you meant mythtv, bad me!!!

Call_me_al wrote:
    thanks man, i didnt read your post properly though i thought you meant mythtv, bad me!!!

is this what you mean?

Advertisement