Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCD Ball

Options
  • 22-03-2006 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Its five weeks to the first ever UCD Ball, what are people thinking?
    Think Bell x1 are a great headliner, there album is ****ing great lots of radio play.
    Dont know much about Tiefschwarz, heard they played the pod on paddys eve, are they good?
    Getting my ticket this week! should be a great night!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Too near the finals TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

How much? Is it black tie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

60 euro and it is black tie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fernando M

Come on its nearly three weeks before, you have to take a break for one night. Its on a friday as well, how much do we ever really study on a saturday anyway?
    sixty is a bit dear though but i heard trinity is eighty or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I assume that the tickets are sold in pairs?:(

• Advertisement

No i checked it today, you can buy them singly. You can only buy four max. My mate in DIT wants one so Im buying one for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

How long have they been on sale/when are they going on sale/how many are left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Hmmmm, to go or not to go. Either that or Trinity Ball to be honest.

*Prepares for backlash*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

See now Im all paranoid and jumping to the wild conclusion - baseless I know, that Fernando is a shill account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

See now Im all paranoid and jumping to the wild conclusion - baseless I know, that Fernando is a shill account.

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

besty wrote:
    Hmmmm, to go or not to go. Either that or Trinity Ball to be honest.

*Prepares for backlash*
    I'd go for Trinners too...

Besides, as has already been stated, this is far to close to my final exams.
    Sod that for a game of soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Font22 wrote:
    60 euro and it is black tie!!

Well if you want a good tie be prepared to pay the price.

As I have no one to go to this ball with I am now accepting offers from any females who wish to go with me. (Bring money)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Im gonna be going I guess but I think 60 euro to get dressed up and not even have a meal is a bit of a rip off to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Agree-anto kelly??

60euro is just too damn expensive for my little pockets.Id loooove to go but I just cant afford that.I wonder if there selling many tickets or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Besty wrote:
    Either that or Trinity Ball to be honest

I was there last year and to be honest, it wasnt great! Couldnt get a drink or get to a toilet (well there were portaloos, but they had no locks so they just swung open and there weren't enough!). A good night out but not the greatest! Also I haven't heard great things about the line-up this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Well if you want a good tie be prepared to pay the price.

Well thankfully I wont have to buy a tie as I'm a girl! Problem sorted!

UCD ball all the way people! Ocean Colour Scene are headlining the Trinity Ball and as good as they are Bell x1 are better!
    Plus its my birthday four days later so it can be a bit of a celebration!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I would go but I have to fly out to Montreal the early the morning after :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

60 smacks of a rip off without the overheads of a meal or renting a hotel. In final year too so I reckon noone from year will be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I also question the wisdom of having a formal blacktie occassion outdoors in a field in April! And would anyone be refused entry if they wore 'normal' clothes instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

its more of a concert than a ball

• Advertisement

just checked back in now, funny people think im Anto kelly.
    i know him but Im not him.
    I think the reason the ticket is so high is because its more of a big concert on campus, i mean you dont get to see that many bands when you go the ****ing eng ball do ya?
    its UCD's first Im goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm not paying €60 to see Bell X1 when they'll be playing here in a few months for a fraction of that. No sirree Bob. Especially not if I have to wear a dress!

Get a real headliner (I love Bell X1, but they're just Bell X1 after all) and then we'll talk.

Anyone know if The Blizzards are playing? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

probably too close to finals but wouldn't mind going, last hurrah.
    can always leave trinity ball until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

If there's going to be no food then how will it cost so much? At the eng ball the ticket was 60 euro but citywest charged around 40 euro per person for the meal. Where is my 60euro going at the UCD Ball? Is it going to Bell X1? Or is it going to Anto Kellys enormously large back pocket in order to pay off all his debt?

After much deliberationIve decided definatly not to go to the UCD ball.Has anyone brought tickets?
    What swung it for me was the fact that anto Kelly needed to pose beside Rossanna Davidson,Roz Lispett and two other girls tarted up in their ball gowns in that picture in the college tribune.I appreciate that sex sells but this just pissed me off-it wasnt a shoot for the evening herald it should be to entice us students to go and considering that the majority of people in UCD are girls could they not have put two fit blokes in for us girls too.That picture just mega pissed me off cos it was just selling the Ball to guys,does no one in ents care about us girls?? Thank God for Holly Irvine next year

panda100 wrote:
    What swung it for me was the fact that anto Kelly needed to pose beside Rossanna Davidson,Roz Lispett and two other girls tarted up in their ball gowns in that picture in the college tribune.I appreciate that sex sells but this just pissed me off-it wasnt a shoot for the evening herald it should be to entice us students to go and considering that the majority of people in UCD are girls could they not have put two fit blokes in for us girls too.That picture just mega pissed me off cos it was just selling the Ball to guys,does no one in ents care about us girls?? Thank God for Holly Irvine next year
    This from someone opposed to the woman's officer because women don't need this representation:rolleyes:

This from someone opposed to the woman's officer because women don't need this representation:rolleyes:

I am opposed to the womens officer because it further stigmatises the gender gap between males and females not because of the unequal representation of women.

panda100 wrote:
    I am opposed to the womens officer because it further stigmatises the gender gap between males and females not because of the unequal representation of women.
    So you want women to win, but you don't want a gaurenteed voice? (I disagree with the position and hopefully the amendment gets past)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

anyway.................
    not a chance im paying 60 quid i am thinkin im goin to try and get in for free somehow!! jump the fence somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i've heard the whole thing is selling atrociously. ents are desperate to get rid of tickets.

its a bit sad really, students have been demanding a ball for years, and when one comes along (with a line up easily comporable to Trinity ball standards), noone goes.

Advertisement