Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCD Ball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Vainglory wrote:
    *quakes in proverbial boots*
    I'm sure Enda will leap to your defense:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

ucd ball here its going to be sh1te. spread the word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Nah I think it'll be great..pity I'm not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Ah, go! Go on go on go on...

...you get the idea. I could copy and paste all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I didnt book time off work :( and I dont do sick days...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Firespinner you have only just been let back in after a ban for trolling. I will have no problem banning you again if you continue as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Saw the line-up for the Trinity Ball today. Not great. I'd say UCD edges it. Though I wouldn't be pushed to go to either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

You said that she informed you. You said nothing about changing the policy.

Was this the noise protest which disrupted the lectures with wistles and shouts, to protest at the disruption of lectures?:rolleyes:
    Since only about 200 (at most) turned out it could hardly have been that influencial. Most likely they realised that it would be too difficult and therefore put it off.

I am Firespinner, I am cynical and intelligent and consummately belligerent. Hear me roar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I am Firespinner, I am cynical and intelligent and consummately belligerent. Hear me roar.

I am peachypants and I will ban your ass also if you continue to drag this thread off-topic.

Both of you cop on and get this thread back on-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Whats this about a stage being cancelled? I got this email from future kings of spain -

Sent : Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:10 AM
    Subject : ** FKOS U.C.D. Ball Stage Cancelled! **

Hey folks! Due to reasons of health and safety, the promoter has on the advice
    of the Dublin Fire Department, cancelled the stage we were scheduled to play on
    tomorrow night – Friday April 21, 2006. Sorry for such short notice and any
    inconvenience caused. We’ve only just found out ourselves. It’s a real pain in
    the balls! Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SleuthyMcSpySpy

That's what they get for trying to put a stage between the fireworks factory and the minimum security arsonists' rehabilitation facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i dont know anyone who's going to this thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Umaro wrote:
    i dont know anyone who's going to this thing at all.

Yeah we heard you the first time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

presume u not goin mng.....seen as u dont exist

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tintinr35 wrote:
    presume u not goin mng.....seen as u dont exist

Actually I'm not going cos I don't have a girlfriend so the joke's on you! Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I heard a rumour that auditors of societies get a free ticket. Does anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

You don't get one till next year Rach! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well I didn't get one. Guess it's just the biggies if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

I would imagine that all the auditors of C&E, B&L & Qsoc are all good mates with Anto. I'd say thats more the reason than anything else. However, I did manage to get a free ticket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

PhilSoc certainly didn't get one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

does anyone else think its goin to be a flop........i havent heard anyone saying they are goin

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

A lot of my friends have decided to turf out the cash and go along. I'd say a fair few people have made up their minds in the last 48 hours or so, tbh. Even if its only 2000 people, thats a pretty good crowd to create a bit of atmosphere.

There are signs up everywhere, they still haven't sold all the tickets! There giving it till five o'clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

The shop in the eng block sold only 3 tickets, but that probably says more about the general stingines and hefty workload of engineers than anything else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Maybe but 3 is very very low, especially considering that it's smart casual now so it can't simply be explained as being because it would be to short a time to get a tux!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

So how many tickets were actually available and how many are sold? Is the place going to be empty? :D

If they cut the price down, I might go.

Guts of 3000 tickets sold at last count, I believe.

Guts of 3000 tickets sold at last count, I believe.
    How many left? Will they cut the price?

• Advertisement

How many left? Will they cut the price?
    About 1000 left, but I would think they'll stick to their guns and not flog them at cut-price unless it's at a whim at the very, very last minute. Wouldn't count on it, though, they're quite adamant that they're not going to be made cheaper.

Advertisement