Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triathlon

• 22-03-2006 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

well if anyone has any helpful info on training for the triathlon, or can recommend any site- books to help, i'd really appreciate it!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

www.triathlonireland.com

This is a good starting point for contacts within Ireland. Best to join a club if there is one in your region, otherwise you could waste a lot of time training incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nanogirl

people iam in a club!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

There is a one page piece in this months Irish Runner by Aoife Cullen (p28) offering "a primer for those thinking of taking the plunge"

It also refers to www.triathlonireland.com

Domer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

nanogirl wrote:
    people iam in a club!!!
    Your club mates should be able to help you. The clubs I know of have regular training sessions.

I came across a book in Blanchardstown library by Tom Holland (The 12 week triathlete, train for a triathlon in just three months). Seemed interesting. Both Fingal and Dublin City Councils have a few triathlon books in their libraries.

Which triathlon are you in training for? The Fingal one in the Aquatic Centre?

Advertisement