Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject Choices

Options
  • 22-03-2006 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Heya, I'm in 5th year now and I'm doing 8 subjects, English, Irish, French, German, Art, Maths, Biology, Geography. At the moment, the 3 languages are getting tangled together so I'm thinking of dropping German (can't stand the teacher or the subject anymore!). I need 550 for the course I wanna do in college. I was wondering if seven subjects would be better than eight for the L.C? Or if it's a better idea to do a business subject or a science subject instead of German for an eighth subject? AAAAAAH I NEED HELP! Lol, so confused at the moment! Any ideas :confused: ? xa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you feel you can do well at 6 of your 7 subjects, then do 7 subjects. But before you pick another subject, think about whether you need it. Go for it if you're weak in a core subject, like Irish, English or Maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Well as rainbow kirby said I don't think it's necessary to do an 8th subject unless you are really weak at one of the core subjects.
    Also if you really don't like German, there's no point in keeping it on (especially as an 8th subject!) because it's hard to do really well in a subject you don't enjoy.
    I would definately say that it's not a good idea to take up another science subject as an 8th subject because they all require study of the theory (Chemistry more so than Physics) no matter what your ability, whereas a subject like Accounting, if you're good at it, requires very little work or maybe you could take up a subject like religion. Although I really think it would be better to just concentrate on 7 subjects!

Advertisement