Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

server shutdown?

Options
  • 22-03-2006 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Finally bit the bullet and got WoW today. Played for about ten minutes this evening (after hours of installing and downloading patch after patch -- why couldn't they do all that in one chunk?) and it seems like good fun. Thought I'd play for a couple of hours before nodding off... and the bloody servers shutdown :mad:

This happen every night or what? How long does it usually take to start up again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just got it on Sunday myself.

It looks like this is weekly maintenence they do, but this is an extra long one that will last till 10am tomorrow morning.

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-server-status-en&t=666&p=1&tmp=1#post666

You don't get anything like this with City of Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Find yourself a decent patch mirror :P. There's a maintenance every tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

10am tomorrow!? ah ffs :(

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Find yourself a decent patch mirror :P
    How would I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

• Advertisement

Goodshape> What's your character and server?

Goodshape / High Elf Rough
    server : mazerigos (not sure about that spelling).

What the story with those patches, do they mess anything up in terms of connecting to the normal servers later?

I think they're just an alternate way of downloading the patches rather than all the restarting malarky.

I don't think there is any way of avoiding the downtime.

Oh right. That makes sense :-/

Ah well... it's entirely possible that 3am isn't the best time to start playing a game like this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Probably not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I was wondering why there was so much lag last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Roll on draenor....PrO Server ;)

lots of helpfull people about and a few boards users to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

I just got it on Sunday myself.

It looks like this is weekly maintenence they do, but this is an extra long one that will last till 10am tomorrow morning.

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-server-status-en&t=666&p=1&tmp=1#post666

You don't get anything like this with City of Heroes.

Hola monkey! I'm on mazrigos with a 25 warrior named Karnath, gives us a a shout i'm in a friendly new guild lots of members, good place to start mate:).
    Its a pvp server btw.

Advertisement