Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is there a difference between USA and EU car parts?

Options
  • 22-03-2006 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a difference between spare parts for USA model cars and Irish models?

The part in question is the LH electric window regulator for a Hyundai Accent, i know the US part no, if I new the Irish/EU one i suppose i could compare these...

Is the part number even printed on the part in question?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

If the part number is the same the part is the same.

Some parts guys will tell you the part number... some will not.
    The other alternative if you have the part number is give it to the parts guy and let him find it in his catalog/warehouse.

Usually the part number is printed, stamped or attached on a lable on the part somewhere. Usually on a lable on a large assy, because all the little parts have their own unique part numbers on them also... so one more may be confusing, if not highly visible.

I have some across a case, where I was looking for a EU part in the US, the garage guy confirmed it was a valid part number, but not availabel in the US, so I had to source it in the UK, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Parrts esp electrics are different between EU and USA which has different standards, they love thier DOT fine print over there.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Hmmmmm, the electric parts (rear lamp pods) were different that's for sure and the function to pin # were re-arranged.... but with some inginuity and persuasion, hand made tools, they surrendered to my desires and have been working quiet well for the past year or two.

I'd say for anything but the ECU's and Ignition related, you'd be fine.

Advertisement