Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master of Puppets tribute album

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Scared in a terribly curious way. I have the feeling I'll get it and then spend the next few moths putting it on intermittantly to verify it sucks as much as I thought it did.

Damn, why did they pick such typically Kerrang bands, apart from Mastodon? They could have gotten bands whose career won't be over when emo fades away and put out something really interesting, instead they've just picked the bands of the moment, destined to be forgotten :(

I mean... Fightstar... for ****s sake.

And as for the artwork.... wow... jaysus... :eek:

Kerrang_Master.jpg

Have you heard Dream Theater's cover of Master Of Puppets (the entire album)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Apart from Mastodon, that sounds absolutely horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Dream Theater - now that is a glorious cover

I like the artwork - shows which bands will be killed off soon :)

As for Fightstar - dont you mean that new band with a former member of Busted in its ranks - FFS!!!!!!!!

This album could have been great, but noooooooo Kerrang had to get their claws into it....sad, really sad

However on a side note, I heard Nightwish's cover of "Over the Hill..." - quite horrifying

Speaking of covers, Sonata Arctica's version of Fade To Black was quite excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Ph3n0m wrote:

I like the artwork - shows which bands will be killed off soon :)

Very true :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Apart from Mastodon, that sounds absolutely horrible.
    I agree, apart from Chimaira and maybe machine head.I mean Funeral for a friend and Bullet for my Valentine?Back then Metallica were about Anger and Passion, not whining 'cos my suburban white picket fence is so unfullfilling and screaming like a little whinging pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I actually had a dream last night that Trivium died in a plain crash, i've never even heard any of their songs:confused:

Back to the topic at hand >>> fúcktards!

Wouldn't Metallica have to give permission for this to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

"Wouldn't Metallica have to give permission for this to happen?" yup and for somereason they did, all i say is those bands **** this up they're little emo heads would no what hit them

wow that scary, i never thought lars would give anyone the chance to record his songs, after the napster ****, but its ok its being given a way for free at least,

"The CD will be given away free with Kerrang! issue 1102, which goes on sale April 5."

that said, I have heard Machine Head do Metallica covers before (live) and they were quite good as covers go

http://www.machinehead1.com/media/video/Battery_1_Hi.asf - 5 minute clip of MH talking and rehearsing for the album

Anyone catch Metallica: ICON on Mtv a year or two ago, there were some good covers on that, Limp Bizkit & Korn being the best imo. I'm just trying to get Sum41 and that chick with the tie out of my head.

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:
    Anyone catch Metallica: ICON on Mtv a year or two ago, there were some good covers on that, Limp Bizkit & Korn being the best imo. I'm just trying to get Sum41 and that chick with the tie out of my head.

Korn and Limp Bizkit - are you kidding that whole show was just cringing to watch.

IMO, not one band did their respective Metallica song justice - typical MTV - roll out some popular bands to do covers of a band trying to get onto MTV

na, i though Korn(i hate Korn by the by) and Limp Bizdick did good covers, the rest were ****e, especially Staind, i've never actually heard anything worse than that staind performance!

you mean Avril Lavigne didnt make ears want to turn inside out?

She was better than Staind in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Looks like a bag of shyte. The Mastodon cover might be decent, the rest will suck balls.
    Awful, awful idea, from start to finish.

LundiMardi wrote:
    She was better than Staind in all fairness.

At least she's extremely attractive. I would certainly like to stick my penis into her vagina and create friction. Plus, she's Canadian. Who doesn't have a thing for chicks who say 'Aboot'? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Louisiana

i know its off the topic but did you know trivium is supporting iron maiden this year

At least she's extremely attractive. I would certainly like to stick my penis into her vagina and create friction. Plus, she's Canadian. Who doesn't have a thing for chicks who say 'Aboot'? :)
    That's what i like about you, subtle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

This is going to be really really bad, what the hell are FFAF doing there ? And Fightstar ?!? Christ what is the "Metal" world coming to :rolleyes:

Now Pantera - Seek and Destroy is one savage cover !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

What about Motorheads cover of enter sandman...sounded exactly like the original...sept with slightly differen vocals.

Couldnt have picked worse bands TBH.

Ugh!! Fightstar covering leper messiah...*cringe*

• Advertisement

At least we can all bask in the knowledge that it CAN'T be as bad as Metallica's cover of Whiskey in the Jar:D

LundiMardi wrote:
    At least we can all bask in the knowledge that it CAN'T be as bad as Metallica's cover of Whiskey in the Jar:D

there are worse covers of that song out there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_in_the_Jar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Mendeed aren't actually too abd, saw them a while back. I'd like to see what Mastodon do for Metallica as well. Hold out very little hope for the album as a whole though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

In fairness to limp bizkit and korn i thoguht there covers were not too bad at all. the rest of the show was bad. the album will be awful but i will buy it for mastodon on MH and for the curiostity of hearing ****estar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Beautiful way with words, has our KH.

Anyway, what the hell is going on with this album? The bands are in no way worthy of the album. really, Fightstar?

God, imagine that ridiculous "hop" thing during leper messiah . . .
    *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Funnily enough iv been listening to Dream Theater's Master of Puppets album quite a lot lately; I highly recommend it.

I wont pass judgement on this Kerrang offering just yet though, interested to hear Mastodon's take on Orion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

So, who'd be a good choice of bands to do it?
    I've heard Dream Theater's version, it's pretty good.

I think it'd be funny to pick a bunch of Black / Death bands to do a new, heavier version of this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, I'm not really surprised, they're just playing to their typical audience as usual and so I'm not even going to bother going down the "What if..." road.

On the other hand I quite like BFMV material so far and would consider myself a fan of Trivium so I'm not THAT much against those two bands. Mastodon and Machine Head will be great imho. Not really sure about Chimaira as I've only heard a few of their songs. As for FFAF and Fightstar though...WTF?

and yet this album was released several years ago - and I am sorry to say the quality of bands are far better then who is lined up for the "pastor of muppets" album (I will point out that I own neither album :) )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000589AZ/sr=8-1/qid=1143105506/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2215662-8325452?%5Fencoding=UTF8

even this tribute album is great

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CC866/sr=8-3/qid=1143105506/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-2215662-8325452?%5Fencoding=UTF8

but as we all know Apocalyptica do the best covers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

looks like a pile of ****.

Advertisement