Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch your Eircom phone bill

Options
  • 22-03-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,768 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Got my bi-monthly phone bill this week and noticed that the cost had jumped from typically €70 to €88, I went down through the bill and noticed a charge for Talktime, now I have never signed up for this service and I looked at my last bill from January and it wasn't included. Now I do get those annoying calls from the likes of Eircom, Smart etc and I alway tell them I use my landlines to receive calls but not to make them. So I rang Eircom accounts and got talking to a guy who said that it looks like I was signed up to the service after one of these calls towards the end of January, he credited my account but could not explain how or who signed me up to this service. So to me it looks like whoever rang me accidently signed me up or else somebody wanted to make their sales qouta and signed me up weather I wanted it or not. Thinking of furthering my complaint to Eircom but don't think I'll get much joy!

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

Heh, Eircom always charged us for calls we couldn't have made. They were never interested in dealing with it though. So we cut the phone off.
    much less hassle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thinking of furthering my complaint to Eircom but don't think I'll get much joy!

Don't mind Eircom go to The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ComReg won't talk to you unless you've "exhausted the complaints procedure with the operator". So you know what to do...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 pauloc

I have the same problem, got signed up to a talktime package without my consent, I rang customer services to complain and they told me that they would take me off the talktime package and credit the difference in the charges, which was €18! when the next bill came through the door I was credited the €18 but they still had me on the talktime package. I never did get around to ringing them again, but now I wondering what I can do, this has been going on for nearly a year now, has anyone else had a similar experience with eircom? and if so were you able to resolve the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

pauloc wrote: »
    I have the same problem, got signed up to a talktime package without my consent, I rang customer services to complain and they told me that they would take me off the talktime package and credit the difference in the charges, which was €18! when the next bill came through the door I was credited the €18 but they still had me on the talktime package. I never did get around to ringing them again, but now I wondering what I can do, this has been going on for nearly a year now, has anyone else had a similar experience with eircom? and if so were you able to resolve the matter?

Move to another provider!

When I had problems with them I just moved and haven't had a problem since. BT Ireland seem good.

When more people start moving, they'll soon realise that in this recessionary times customer service IS important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Had problem with eircom which lasted all of eight months, they desperately tried to lay the blame at my door for their own incompetency!! Issue too complex to go into. Having exhausted all channels without much success found one individual in comreg to be my lifesaver in resolving my issue and have since referred any such disputes with eircom to her. Otherwise would definitely have sourced another service provider who might appreciate the business!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

A friend told me who worked for eircoN (work is through an english agency )
    get quotas
    He prefered to remain honest and so failed to meet quota and got the chop
    Others he said some whocould barely talk english merly add on costomers who dont want to take talkime and dont get the chop and later when caught just get moved to other sections

No brainer get the quota anyway you can

Its rampant carry on through all the TelecoNs

When I had issues with the TelecoNs who signed up close mostly elderly relitives to packages or even changed them to other providers without even telling them with the "usual story we are just testing the line" or "special gift offer free for you" whatever I contacted with email the Labour party shadow minister for TelecoNs and that seemed to work best for sorting out these TelecoNs

A sting in the tail that most dont know when you cancell the telephone account you dont always cancel the talktime package automatically

So you can continue to have to pay a talk time package which is seperate entity to your telephone account
    Happened to my mate he cancelled his phone line completly and just used his mobile phone
    Then after a few months he got a letter looking for the talktime fee

No arguments allowed that how could he possibly owe for a talktime package when he didnt have a phone line
    Try cancelling a talktime package not so easy as taking one up

so he had to pay for those months of the talktime even though he had no phone or risk getting a bad credit rating

The ComReg CoNReg service is the paid for by the TelecoNs

so when you complain to CoNReg you are like the mugged victim going to a paid for agent that filters the complaints to stop you going to the Gaurda who you should be able to go to for daylight robbery

So every issue I always try to open a complaint with the Gauda first and then with Labour party shadow minister

all this in your face robbery is licenced and rubber stamped from the regime in power out to rip your face

TelecoNs own CoNReg and thats the problem your dealing with in a nut shell and the regime loves this open season solution they even get thier friend in jumped up jobs policing this regime endorsed activity which come in the best color brown

Derry

Advertisement