Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[March 15] UCESSA Summer Rifle Leagues 2006

Options
  • 07-02-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

The Ulster Counties (East) Smallbore Shooting Association
    (Formerly: THE ULSTER SMALL-BORE RIFLE ASSOCIATION, established 1910)
    (N.S.R.A. Affiliation No. 1943)

SUMMER RIFLE LEAGUES 2006

Dear Secretary/Club Captain

Entries are invited for the 50 Metre and 100 Yard Rifle Summer League competitions.
    INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE:- Ten shooters per division, arranged by average.
    ENTRY FEE:- £4-00 per individual, Juniors & Veterans £2-00 each.
    NOTE:- Juniors - under 18 on 1st May 2006; Veterans - over 65.

A Junior Championship will be run concurrently with the Individual Leagues, (if entries permit), please ensure Juniors are clearly marked on your entry form.

TEAM LEAGUE :- Teams of 3, six teams per division, run concurrently with the Individual Leagues. ENTRY FEE:- £5-00 per team

GENERAL RULES:- NSRA postal rules will apply except where otherwise stated, and cards may be shot in advance without restriction. Cards received by the scorer after the due date will not be scored.

Teams:- Teams will consist of three members, a team member may be substituted by a shooter of equal or lower average. If substituted by a shooter of higher average, points will be deducted to maintain the original team average. Clubs may enter more than one team.

COURSE OF FIRE :- Ten rounds with twenty shots per round. Individual and Team cards will be shot concurrently.

EXTENSIONS:- AS CARDS MAY BE SHOT IN ADVANCE WITHOUT RESTRICTION NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.

STICKERS:- Stickers only will be issued.
    TARGETS:- 1989 Series. Please tick the type of target your Club will be using on the entry form.

NOTE:- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSING DATE OF WEDNESDAY 15th MARCH 2006,
    NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED.

POSTAL ENTRIES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE APPROPRIATE ENTRY FEE, E-MAIL ENTRY FEES SHOULD BE FORWARDED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

CHEQUES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO UC(E)SSA.

Postal Entries & Entry Fees to: Mr J. Spooner, <Address and Phone snipped, PM me for them -sparks>

e-mail entries to: jspooner@madasafish.com
    CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES - WEDNESDAY 15th MARCH 2006

Thank you for your continued support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sparks wrote:
    Hmmm. Well, the UCESSA uses a pool of scorers for the shoot, maybe we could get a volunteer or two to score the competitions in the republic, which would reduce the costs of postage?
    edit: I've asked the organisers about this by email, I'll keep you posted...

Just got this tonight from the UCESSA organisers:
    Hello all
    Last year I was asked if it would be possible to arrange a scorer in Southern Ireland as the postage was prohibitive.
    I think this has been arranged.
    If anyone is interested please E-Mail me back so I can see the response, I will need to know quickley as I will be sorting the divisions soon.
    Ignore the closing date as I will not be doing anything for another week

So, anyone interested in entering the 50m/100yd UCESSA Summer Postal, the entry form is attached to this post. Here are the details:
    The Ulster Counties (East) Smallbore Shooting Association
    (Formerly: THE ULSTER SMALL-BORE RIFLE ASSOCIATION, established 1910)
    (N.S.R.A. Affiliation No. 1943)

SUMMER RIFLE LEAGUES 2006

Dear Secretary/Club Captain
    Entries are invited for the 50 Metre and 100 Yard Rifle Summer League competitions.

INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE:- Ten shooters per division, arranged by average.
    ENTRY FEE:- £4-00 per individual, Juniors & Veterans £2-00 each.
    NOTE:- Juniors - under 18 on 1st May 2006; Veterans - over 65.

A Junior Championship will be run concurrently with the Individual Leagues, (if entries permit), please ensure Juniors are clearly marked on your entry form.

TEAM LEAGUE :- Teams of 3, six teams per division, run concurrently with the Individual Leagues.
    ENTRY FEE:- £5-00 per team

GENERAL RULES:- NSRA postal rules will apply except where otherwise stated, and cards may be shot in advance without restriction. Cards received by the scorer after the due date will not be scored.

Teams:- Teams will consist of three members, a team member may be substituted by a shooter of equal or lower average. If substituted by a shooter of higher average, points will be deducted to maintain the original team average. Clubs may enter more than one team.

COURSE OF FIRE :- Ten rounds with twenty shots per round. Individual and Team cards will be shot concurrently.

EXTENSIONS:- AS CARDS MAY BE SHOT IN ADVANCE WITHOUT RESTRICTION NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.

STICKERS:- Stickers only will be issued.

TARGETS:- 1989 Series. Please tick the type of target your Club will be using on the entry form.

NOTE:- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSING DATE OF WEDNESDAY 15th MARCH 2006,
    Note that John's email above says to add another week to this, so it's not the day after tomorrow, it's next week. -Sparks

NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED.

POSTAL ENTRIES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE APPROPRIATE ENTRY FEE, E-MAIL ENTRY FEES SHOULD BE FORWARDED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

CHEQUES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO UC(E)SSA.

Postal Entries & Entry Fees to: Mr J. Spooner, <address & phone snipped, PM me if you don't have it -Sparks>

e-mail entries to: jspooner@madasafish.com

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES - WEDNESDAY 15th MARCH 2006

Thank you for your continued support

So, who's up for taking on the lads up North? :)

So, anyone taking this up?

Find attached the scores for Round 1. I'm rather surprised that no shooters from the Republic entered - even with a scorer for the ROI being available!

*sheepish look*
    Managed to completely miss the two shooters in Divisions 11 and 15 from Wilkinstown. LB6 is in 8th place in division 15 and Daniel Fleming is in third place in division 11. Well done you two!

But them aside, where are the rest of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Yikes 8th - you're kiddin!

5th please. First time out too!

• Advertisement

Good grief. Sorry LB6, I mixed up your place with Daniel's points. I must be having a seriously off day...

The scores for Round Two are in and attached, and Daniel is holding joint third place in Division 11 with a creditable 185/200 card to lie six points behind the leader at 14 points; but LB6 has climbed up from 8th to 4th place in Division 15 with a 177/200 (taking second place for this round in her division). This puts her on 15 points while joint second place is shared by two shooters from Dungannon and Comber on 16 points and first place is only four points away at 19 points. Anyone's game yet!

Advertisement