Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

matlab interface

Options
  • 22-03-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

Can someone help me with My final year project. I have to interface an array of microphones with a matlab program that has already being created. This program will take the data from the microphones(the data is transmitted over Ethernet) and identify the noise sources in the local area. I'm completely lost. If anyone could give me general idea's how this could be done i would really great full

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

There are builtin functions called wavrecord and wavplay (or something similar) which allow you to sample the PC mic in and then play it back.
    I guess it would be using them, google for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭McVitae

What exactly is your question? Is it the actual interface that is the problem. A nidaq card should do this happily goggle nidaq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

chapod21 wrote:
    Hi

Can someone help me with My final year project. I have to interface an array of microphones with a matlab program that has already being created. This program will take the data from the microphones(the data is transmitted over Ethernet) and identify the noise sources in the local area. I'm completely lost. If anyone could give me general idea's how this could be done i would really great full

Thanks

Sounds to me like you're in Trinners. Haven't you left your final year project a bit late?

Try set up the xPC Target environment for network communication. (I presume this is what you are using)

Have a look at: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/xpc/gs/f1-5706.html

Advertisement