Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go out in Navan

Options
  • 22-03-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Heading to Navan this Friday night.
    Where is good to go out?
    Anywhere that I should avoid?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭NavanJunction1

Where is good to go out? Anywhere that I should avoid?

Supermacs / Abrakebabra - avoid

Everywhere else is much the same as everywhere else of a similar town in size in Ireland , but others may have some views on that..

Where to go depends on your age, tastes and expectations..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

The Palace is about the best id say. Young, trendy and good music. Downstairs is the pub and if im correct if your in there before 11 you get free admission to the night club which is two levels above the pub. Handy for this cold weather!! Also smoking area is nice and covered.
    Dont go to Solas (Newgrange Hotel nightclub) its crap or Ardboyne Hotel nightclub. Another good pub is Ryans on the main street. Draws a good crowd the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

cool thanks for that!
    I was hoping not to eat in as classy restaurant as abrakebabra and Supermacs.
    Cool will try the palace maybe!
    Thanks!

Sorry im not too familiar with restaurents in Navan,i only go out there occasionally. ive been for a meal in Newgrange Hotel before and was lovely and not expensive. There are some nice chinese / indian / pizzerias around too. :)
    Have a good night!

Thanks for the info....
    I kinda meant niteclubs / bars to go out to!
    Won't be going out for a meal
    Might get a chinese takeaway though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Molloys is a good spot, and cheap drink too, 3.50 a pint,

hiya.

went to the palace on friday night.
    Why didn't anyone tell me it is full of gay men?
    I mean it was seriously packed of gay couples....
    And all the straight men were unavailable too.

Went to molloys - its a good spot.
    Will be going to a different night club the next time - Solars - is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Solar is a dive, wouldnt go near it. Palace is it really it's the better of the two by a mile, if you didnt like it, solar will make you run out of the town screaming. I know people who have paid 12 euro in had one drink and walked back out it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

I've been to the Solar once and that was it. I wouldn't go near it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Navan isnt a great place to go out to be honest, its true, the palace is basically it!

Try drogheda with o sheas/ redz and try earth to see if you like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Yeah Redz is alright. Haven't been to Earth tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

you can't beat abrakebabra when your pissed, you wouldn't touch it if you were sober!

But there are a few good pubs in navan, Ryans is really good but it gets jammed at the weekend!

Molloys is good to go to watch soccer, plus with 3 euro for a long neck and 3.5 a pint you can't go wrong!

The palace is by far the best night club in the town. Rumor has it they will be spending around 1m doing up solar. It needs it,

hehe i never noticed the palace was full of gay men!!!! Im always sloshed and with my fella so i dont be looking! hehe!
    I like the place though, not a dive and its clean. I hate dirty smelly clubs!

Thing with night clubs is they all get smelly and dirty if they aren't refurbed after around 1-2 yrs? Its worse since the smoking ban came in cos all you can smell is feet and BO!!! Particularly in the solar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Going against the grain here- I still think Solar is better than the Palace. I know the Palace doesn't smell as bad but its too plain I think. Solar served everyone well for years and thank God its not as packed as it used to be. I still prefer going to Solar when she lets me out! Why does everyone always have to go to the newest place? Palace is way over-rated and the music is crap. Although they often throw in some AC/DC near the end!

I used to work in solar, i have a bit of a soft spot for it i admit. Plus one of my mates works there with the DJ on a saturday.

The sound system in Solar is much better than palace, it just needs a refit, other wise its a good club.

I didn't like the music in the Palace I have to say. one good song, one crap song!
    So annoying - on and off the dance floor.
    Yep next time you're there check out the gay men! ;)

Hehe no bother! Sorry you didnt enjoy your night tho!

I didn't like the music in the Palace I have to say. one good song, one crap song!
    So annoying - on and off the dance floor.
    Yep next time you're there check out the gay men! ;)

The reason its one crap song one good one is to encourage you to drink more!!!

Advertisement