Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just caught an episode last night

• 22-03-2006 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Resurrection Ship - that was really class. So have ordered Season 1 off play.com now to catch up.

The question i wanted to ask - where does the 2003 mini series fit in?

Is it included in season 1 or is it a pre cursor? i'll just buy that too if it ain't included. tis only £4.99 on play.com.

But I don't want to buy it and then find out it's the first three episodes of Season 1!

edit: as well - does anyone have any idea when season 2 will be released?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

It's the precursor. Sets the whole thing up, ie why they are on the run from the cylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, you'll have to buy the mini-series seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

The first half of season 2 is available on DVD in America, it's only a matter of time before it's released over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

A friend told me this show was good,and Im a bit of a sci-fi nerd :D Love Star Wars,Firefly/Serenity etc.

So I bought the mini series and season 1,and while obviously different in many ways than the shows I just metioned,I am now hooked on this brilliant show. Its amazing!

Now all I need is season 2. After the season 1 cliffhanger I feel I need to buy the first half of season 2,but I can't stand being ripped off like that. I hate it when they split the dvd in two...i.e Lost,CSI etc. I have heard the 2nd half will be out in the US around September,so a full version might be available soon afterwards...but can I wait that long? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Region-1 season-1 box set includes the MiniSeries, just in case you go that route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The miniseries is essential viewing. Absolutely amazing stuff tbh. Loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As i'm not a big sci-fi buff, i'm stayed away from BSG but all this praise obviously must mean it's something special. So i've just bought the Miniseries, Season 1 and 2... so it better not disappoint! :D

Hopefully if i get through them fast enough, i'll be able to join ye in discussion threads before season 3 finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd say you should enjoy it, basquille.

It's all about the characters really and not about the spaceships... there is certainly none of the naff tecnobabble that you would get in Star Trek.

And the whole thing is shot in a realistic almost documentary style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Miniseries is okish but definitely an essential part of the story. The rest is excellent. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

BSG is class - I wouldn't call myself a sci-fi buff either but I love it(my fav shows would be the Wire and the Shield). It's impossible to persuade people ot watch it as they think its going to be similar to Stargate and all that kind of thing. Its not perfect by any means - some of the human relationships can be a bit corny occasionally IMHO- but the plot is multi-layered has plenty of twists and cliffhangers. Watching it all on dvd you won't have to worry about that, but watching it on tv every week there was a couple of occasions where I was left cursing the tv when the credits or 'to be continued' appeared LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Welcome aboard basquille. You'll love it I'm sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

basquille wrote:
    it better not disappoint! :D

It shouldn't. It is highly addictive stuff with lots of character and plot twists and turns so be prepared to waste some of your life watching it when you start on those dvds!

Advertisement