Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying a car... input please!

Options
  • 22-03-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

hey guys just looking for any input ye hav!!

i'm going to be buying a car in the next week or two, i have about 10k to spend but cant really go above that!

i checked out Psygnosis' thread at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054903155
    and i'm well impressed by what ye all have to say!

i'm in a similar position to him, but i'm not just interested in the three cars he mentions (astra, focus, almera) which ye all provided so much feedback on, im also interested in likes of megan, accent, colt, civic,323, tspark etc.... about the only car i dont want is a toyota!! dont know why, just hav no interst tbh!

i'm 26 with full licence for bout 7 years (so cant do ignition course i think...), but hav only been a named driver on policys before so as i would be a first time policy holder i reckoned that going with about a 1.4 engine would be a good start...

dont want a estate type hatch back, but aside from that i dont really giv a damn... youd think it should be easy to find something suitable, but now i hav found too many nice cars to choose from!!!

so i would appreciate any feedback that ye can give me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I personally would go for a civic!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

A good start would be for you to tell us what's important to you in a car. What kind of use will it be getting? Will you be doing a lot of mileage? City or open road? Also, you could try getting quotes for a couple of sample cars, say 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 & 1.8. This will give you a better idea of what you can go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭yak

hav checked out insurance prices, and much of a muchness between 1.4 and 1.6 so i'm not too pushed in that respect really... i dont want anything less, and anything bigger hits bigger tax etc so for that reason i would be reluctant to hit 1.8+

as for the driving that i will be doing... its a bit of everything really.... regular trips from galway to dublin will feature as will local city journeys... but comfort and drive-ability are important factors. Last thing i want is to be stuck behind a van or something without enough power to overtake when oportunity presents :)

all feed back appreciated...

Advertisement