Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dip Dyed Hair - Pink Flicks

• 22-03-2006 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have long brown hair and I want to get a few layers chopped in and then have the ends of those layers dip dyed pink.

I have found one picture on the net that is similar to the look I am going for, unfortunately the girl in the picture has very short hair, and it doesn't really give a good example of the over all effect I am looking for.

What do you guys think of the dip dyed look?

Have you ever done it before? Any ideas on cost and Maintenance ?

If any of you have better pictures of the dip dyed effect on long hair could you please post them so that I can bring them to the hairdressers with me.

Thanks a million,

SS :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I used to have dip-dyed hair, but I did it myself!!! I just bleached the ends of my hair and then put in the pink dye. I loved it but the pink faded to various shades of orange really quickly.

I think it's a great look, I might do it again. I'm thinking of dying my hair black and pink, at the moment it's brown with highlights that have 4 inch roots...I can't afford more highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nala wrote:
    I used to have dip-dyed hair, but I did it myself!!! I just bleached the ends of my hair and then put in the pink dye. I loved it but the pink faded to various shades of orange really quickly.

I think it's a great look, I might do it again. I'm thinking of dying my hair black and pink, at the moment it's brown with highlights that have 4 inch roots...I can't afford more highlights.

Do you reckon it would take longer to fade if I got it done professionaly?

How often would you need to get it touched up?

Do you have any pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

AFAIK you have to get your tips stripped / bleached first so the pink will take. It will fade very fast the first few weeks but the second time you get it re-done it should stay longer. i work beside peter mark and a girl has it done and looks fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

looks shyte imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ya i wouldn't be a fan of it myself..i personally think u'd have to have bonde hair to pull it off..but hey its only hair, it will grow out/fade..try anything once!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement