Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB speed increases?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

marclar wrote:
    For the record, IBB staff do monitor boards threads about them.
    I'm pretty sure they hate me then! :D With all the slagging/abusing I do... hehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

To be honest Steffano2002 who doesnt hate you :p

Ah ur a lovely guy! Id say most of the employee's @ IBB get a good laugh from the forum. I heard rumours of a speed increase but as far as I was aware nothing had been confirmed, who confirmed this was it a Tech Monkey or a Sales one?

To be honest Steffano2002 who doesnt hate you :p
    That's nasty! :( You are now at the top of my 'dog sh!t in burning paper bag trick' list! :p
    Ah ur a lovely guy! Id say most of the employee's @ IBB get a good laugh from the forum. I heard rumours of a speed increase but as far as I was aware nothing had been confirmed, who confirmed this was it a Tech Monkey or a Sales one?
    So it was BS after all? hehehe Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

A tech monkey confirmed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

The whole of the northside of dublin was down for around 12 hours! bloody wasters! its been going down for a couple hours a day, 3 days this week! but yesterday was by far the worst!

• Advertisement

The whole of the northside of dublin was down for around 12 hours! bloody wasters! its been going down for a couple hours a day, 3 days this week! but yesterday was by far the worst!
    I'm in the northside of Dublin and my connection never went dead :confused:

Lucky git!! and yeah i rang up and it said that they were experiancing a near to full loss in the northside of dublin... and my uncles was out and he lives on the north circular...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahhh that explains why I couldn't get a gateway address last night when I came back from Cork. Thought it was just Linux being a bitch so booted into Windows... same dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gopher971

Lucky git!! and yeah i rang up and it said that they were experiancing a near to full loss in the northside of dublin... and my uncles was out and he lives on the north circular...

I can confirm that my connection to Odlums exchange was down for periods on Thursday, Friday and well over 12 hours on Sunday. In fact at 06:30 this morning it was still down. :mad:

I tried ringing to report the outage and they were closed. Sent a web request for a call back regarding the issue this morning before 8 and still no response.

What a joke of a service. Will be arranging a new provider in the next few days and will then have to chase IBB for a refund....

yeah mine went down again a couple times dissmorning but only for the matter of a few mins... it was back up since about 00:15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭aido_2006

My service has been great up until friday, am in portmarnock area and was out for a few hours friday and all day yesterday, rang them up and the agent had a clue what the problem was... told me it was some sort of power issue and did not have any idea when the service would be restored uhhhhhh...

ah hopefully its something to do with upgrades...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

So what about the upgrades?

Will 2Mb go to 4Mb?
    Will 3Mb go to 6Mb?

When?

Not that I want to download more, but downloading faster would be nice.
    I can get 50Mb from work!!! But I don't download much there obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Nah, i'd say it'll be more like everyone's 2meg actually giving them 2 meg! That'd be a huge speed increase for a lot of people :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

that would be nice, if they actually gave us what we are paying for. the only time i ever get anything near 2mb is at 3am. for the past 2 weeks my connection was down for 3 days and my max download speed has been 45kb/s on a 2mb line. when i rang up to complain about the sh*tty speeds i was told i am sharing a line with 700 others. i told them thats no my problem, i am paying e50 a month for 2mb not for 512k. ffs fix your f*cking service.

Advertisement