Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

123.ie High performance insurance

Options
  • 22-03-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Anybody actually get this ?
    I rang and despite the
    wrote:
    Regardless of your claims history and for almost any car !
    You qualify if...

* You are at least 25 years old
    * You have no convictions (parking offences and 2 penalty points allowed)
    * You hold a full driving licence (add €400 for a provisional licence)

I was told if I was not able to get a quote as normal on the ordinary motor page they would not quote me either!

Be warned before you buy your dream car!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

123.ie also have an extra premium if you have an accident. i think if your male 4000 euro and female 2000 euro.
    they have different offers on at the moment but most of these have loopholes when you actually go to get the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

For the hell of it I tried 123.ie for a quote on a 1985 Lamborghini Countach LP5000S (same as the one that was sittng up at Ken Lawford Motors at the time). To my amazement the quote was €3000. The catch was the excess which was a whopping €40,000 which isn't too far off what a replacement car would cost. Talk about making you an offer that you can't accept!

el tel, thats really funny. i cannot stop laughing.irish insurance prices are a laugh.they should really cop on.

you can get a new one for that much, and most people donot know the excess they have if you have an accident but they just see that its cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I had a protracted discussion with a girl there and effectivley it's the 3000cc barrier. They will insure cars over this, depending on what it is (but no Scoobs, Skylines, Evo's etc. [so probably a good few imports as well]). They wouldn't touch a Merc C43 AMG though.

The €990 deal could be considered good (I 'qualify' for the €2k excess). The Saab 9-5 Aero (250bhp) I was looking at qualifies, but I'll see what Hibernian do first as I prefer not to have a 2k excess!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

is the 123 high performance insurance fully comp or tpo??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

More of the same. Worth a look perhaps?

http://www.xsdirect.ie

Gatster wrote:
    I had a protracted discussion with a girl there and effectivley it's the 3000cc barrier. They will insure cars over this, depending on what it is (but no Scoobs, Skylines, Evo's etc. [so probably a good few imports as well]). They wouldn't touch a Merc C43 AMG though.

I got quotes from 123.ie for an STi and an Evo 8...

and these are both below 3ltrs btw.

ronoc wrote:
    I got quotes from 123.ie for an STi and an Evo 8...

and these are both below 3ltrs btw.

Yeah, the problem is they won't touch anything OVER 3 litres.. no?

spockety wrote:
    Yeah, the problem is they won't touch anything OVER 3 litres.. no?

yes thats why what he said confused me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What a joke from XS Direct, € 856.00. I'm paying €570 now with Allianz.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I know. They give no credit for your NCB.

Am I correct in thinking I heard also that the duration of your policy with them also doesn't count towards increasing your no claims bonus??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I got quotes from 123.ie for an STi and an Evo 8

To be honest I didn't try as I wasn't in the market for them, she mentioned it in passing. Were the quotes any good?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mike65 wrote:
    What a joke from XS Direct, € 856.00. I'm paying €570 now with Allianz.

Mike.
    €918.64 for me (against €566 from AA/AIG)
    hxs7.gif

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys i'm probably going to be using XS Direct for the car I am buying at the moment, because no one else would insure me. Basically I'm going to buy a 2002 Honda Civic Type R. I'm 25, I have Zero no claims bonus. I had about 6 years of named driver experience built up, but I left the country for a year to go traveling, I was taken off the policy and only now do I find out that if you are off a policy for over 6 months any previous (named driver) experience is null and void. No one else would give me my own policy on this car.

But through a contact in a broker I have got a quote from XS Direct, on a 220bhp Civic Rype R for €1000 fully comp! Yes, there is a 4k excess, but really if I had a small bump that cost a couple of grand, I probably wouldn't claim off the insurance anyway, as your going to end up paying it back the the long run anyway when your premium goes up.

Someone suggested to me that I should "Insure the Excess" - he used to work in the insurance industry and he said that you can insure almost anything. So you pay e.g. €500 now, to guarantee you won't pay €4k whether you hav a crash or not. Sounds interesting, I'm going to look into it more. Can anyone confirm that this is possible/bullshiit?

Zascar wrote:
    Guys i'm probably going to be using XS Direct for the car I am buying at the moment, because no one else would insure me. Basically I'm going to buy a 2002 Honda Civic Type R. I'm 25, I have Zero no claims bonus. I had about 6 years of named driver experience built up, but I left the country for a year to go traveling, I was taken off the policy and only now do I find out that if you are off a policy for over 6 months any previous (named driver) experience is null and void. No one else would give me my own policy on this car.

But through a contact in a broker I have got a quote from XS Direct, on a 220bhp Civic Rype R for €1000 fully comp! Yes, there is a 4k excess, but really if I had a small bump that cost a couple of grand, I probably wouldn't claim off the insurance anyway, as your going to end up paying it back the the long run anyway when your premium goes up.

Someone suggested to me that I should "Insure the Excess" - he used to work in the insurance industry and he said that you can insure almost anything. So you pay e.g. €500 now, to guarantee you won't pay €4k whether you hav a crash or not. Sounds interesting, I'm going to look into it more. Can anyone confirm that this is possible/bullshiit?

the 1000 sounds good.so if you can insure the excess then its well worth it for an amazing car.but keep us updated and tell us if you can get the excess insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Joeyjoejoe Jnr

I got insured with 123.ie on the €990 deal. Apart from the huge excess, which they dont try to hide, it seems to do the job. It lets you drive other peoples cars which is also handy and if its the cheapest way to get on the road with a nice car then I say do it, do it, do it.

My car is for sale by the way

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=399390

I got insured with 123.ie on the €990 deal. Apart from the huge excess, which they dont try to hide, it seems to do the job. It lets you drive other peoples cars which is also handy and if its the cheapest way to get on the road with a nice car then I say do it, do it, do it.

My car is for sale by the way

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=399390

is that saab on uk plates.just wanted to find out.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Joeyjoejoe Jnr

drdre wrote:
    is that saab on uk plates.just wanted to find out.thanks

It was when those photos were taken. Its on Irish plates now.

Advertisement