Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graham Rix has to sign on

• 22-03-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Yep after only 5 months in charge of Hearts he has been shown the door. Another example of a meddling owner eh !

http://www.unison.ie/breakingnews/index.php3?ca=94&si=88969
    Graham Rix has been sacked as manager of the Scottish Premier League side Hearts.
    Rix only took over the job in November following the departure of George Burley.

His role almost immediately came under question following the revelation that Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov had picked the team for a game against Dundee United, leading to a player revolt.

Rix has now been replaced on an interim basis by Valdas Ivanauskas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

wasn't there rumours that thats why Burley left, a meddling owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep.

I thought signing on refered to something else...ahem. :o

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

If the owners hadn't been sticking their oars in in the first place, Burley was doing a decent job and may well have been closer to Celtic than they currently are. My opinion about Rix is that no one else would give him a managerial job so it was take it or leave it for him. Don't think there'll be a queue to replace him (but no doubt Martin O'Neill will be the 7/4 favourite with yet another club :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Romanov isn't really showing himself to be a great character. You'd want to be brave or stupid to take the Hearts job now.

Luckily, I'm both, which means I could very well get the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Romanov isn't really showing himself to be a great character. You'd want to be brave or stupid to take the Hearts job now.

Luckily, I'm both, which means I could very well get the job.

You too busy down the pub telling transfer stories? :D

Yeah not sure what manager would take this job, Claudio was linked the last time it came up but I dont think he would take it. Maybe Hearts are trying to be the new Madrid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

It looks like they've got themselves a Lithuanian manager in now so it should be much easier for Romanov to explain the terms and conditions of his (interm) contract to him. No more nasty misunderstandings about who's really in charge now these headstrong individualistic British manager types are done with!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Hearts should never have gotten rid of Burley, they would have been much better off than they are now. I think the reason Rix was hired was because Romanov knew that he could be pushed around easily and therefor he Romanov could have more influence on team proceedings. Cant see many managers ruching out to apply for the job, its a poisoned chalice at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

mike65 wrote:
    Yep.

I thought signing on refered to something else...ahem. :o

Mike.

I was the same!

Hearts made a big mistake in gettign rid of burley and the job seems somewhat of a poisoned chalice, cant really see who would be interested in the job at this stage. Maybe Mr. Kerr will get a mention again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Romanov is the worst thing to happen that club. the man obviously has no idea on what he is doing. why interfere when Burley was doing a good job. and now the replacement is gone after only 4 or 5 months. it is crazy and anyone considering that job is a lunatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Crazy stuff considering it is Scottish Cup SF in week and a half and Hearts are playing their rivals Hibs. 2 weeks tonight and Hearts travel back to Glasgow to play Celtic. They really should be aiming to stay in 2nd place to go into the CL qualifiers but with all this going on, they may well suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Any decent candidate for the job will surely be extremely apprehensive about taking this job. Romanov has been a disaster so far. Fair enough, the money and resorce injection may have revitalised the club, but by forcing Burley out, he sacrificed the club's only real hope of catching Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

steve bruce for the job?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Bit of a disaster to hearts. Not really all TOO sorry for them as a Hibby, but Romanov seems to be really interfering more than can be good for them. Sacking Burley came from the blue, and now Rix because he let people know that Romanov picked the team for the Dundee United game.

While Romanov may have brought plenty of Money and saved their stadium from sale, he's really lost it now. Hopefully he'll appoint Souness, to make sure that the Jambos finish fifth or sixth in the end!!.

Can't wait for the semi's now!!. First Scottish cup in 104 years now a more distinct possibility.

Advertisement