Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunny days'a'comin' you know what that means

Options
  • 22-03-2006 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

it means yee oldie exams are around the corner, for some this their final experience of sitting outside the RDS Simmonscourt Pavillion, ignoring the smell of two week old horse faeces and cramming for their exams.

But i dont wanna start on a down note, i wanna find other similarly situated individuals who like me are well and truly rogered...

aye... like a pirate... arrrrr

also it gives those of us who enjoy the outdoors, my skin tone will not provide evidence that i am one of these, an oppertunity to bask in sunshine while studying.

anyway... this is just a thread for anyone who wants to praise or, more likely, moan about the fine weather and the looming exams which they are an orcale of.

yeah so... go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I would bitch and moan, but I only have 3 exams, which I'm still procrastinating about studying for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have 5 exams. Have just started studying today since I've been sick for the last three weeks.
    Looks like a nice day today too. Grr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I am so unbelieveable f*cked :( I scraped 3 or 4 D-'s in the Autumn, and this semester I've done even less work!!!!!!

Oh god... oh god... oh god... oh god... *breathes deeply*

Oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Deep cleansing breaths. Once you actually pass at some stage it's ok. :) You'll be grand for your CS courses, just get the head down for your arts ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

i've only got 3 exams too:) and in one of them the exam is only worth 40% of the mark. study? whats that? i can honestly say that in all my time in UCD (3 yrs) ive actually only ever started studying the night before exams start, or if the exams on in the afternoon, i usually just leave it until the morning to study

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Tee-hee-hee I have no exams, the joys of being a postgrad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I've an essay due for the day after we get back...I really should start that. Then another essay instead of an exam in another subject :eek: but that's not for a while.
    I'm not looking forward to psychology because I'm really not enjoying it, and it's really bloody annoying doing work for things in which you're not interested :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

i've 3 projects i've gotta do, ah sure ill start tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i have.. how many? oh yeah, that's right, none!
    i deliberately picked my MA based on whether there were exams or not.. i think exams are a ****ty way to examine a subject like english, and i've paid my dues (man) with three years of undergrad exams. i hate exams (and i'm rubbish at them) and i *heart* research. lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I have one continuous assessment due, seminars to present, an mcq and an objective student centred exam or whatever they call it my first week back. Then i have a film viewing the following week.

I think in total i've got 11 exams this summer in 8 subjects, could be wrong, i often leave bits out.

I also finished three subjects at christmas. Had a lot on then too.

I want to cry alot right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I love semesterisation. If we didn't have it, I'd have 9 exams at summer.
    Oh God, the thought of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

back in the good old days... some of us fought and won for the right to keep things the same... and i have 7 exams along with an 8hour presentation session for my whole class followed nicely enough by drinks in the staff club.. oh yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ive got 7 exams to do as i failed 3 in winter.:mad: and i havent started studing yet as i donot know where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Harsh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I love getting back from the library at this hour.
    Final exams are FUN!

Sangre wrote:
    I love getting back from the library at this hour.
    Final exams are FUN!
    lightweight. i'm still in the library. (thesis proposal due in tomorrow)

edit: the fact that i have spent an inordinate amount of time looking at hot boys and reading messageboards is a mere technicality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    lightweight. i'm still in the library. (thesis proposal due in tomorrow)

edit: the fact that i have spent an inordinate amount of time looking at hot boys and reading messageboards is a mere technicality

You would have been out hours ago if Paul Auster didnt spend half his time writing books with people named after colours and such.

scop wrote:
    You would have been out hours ago if Paul Auster didnt spend half his time writing books with people named after colours and such.
    ha! er.. do i know you?

rain on wrote:
    ha! er.. do i know you?
    oh i just saw your post on the other thread.. i'd had a funny feeling you were paul for a few days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Indeed, hows it going, nearly done? I'm actually mostly done at this stage, thanks feck!

• Advertisement

it all came together earlier and the proposal suddenly pretty much wrote itself which was nice. doesn't stop me from having a heap of research to do though. more concete details on the 'summer' thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have two essays due when I get back, haven't started either, going to UCD tomorrow for the only day I have in Dublin before I get back to finish term because I've had to spend the break at home, I have no idea where to start, but when I sit down I'll be grand, if I can remember what it is I want to write about.

I only have 6 exams. Won't be too bad. As long as certain lecturers die. Which is unlikely... and unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Blush_01 wrote:
    I have two essays due when I get back, haven't started either, going to UCD tomorrow for the only day I have in Dublin before I get back to finish term because I've had to spend the break at home, I have no idea where to start, but when I sit down I'll be grand, if I can remember what it is I want to write about.

I only have 6 exams. Won't be too bad. As long as certain lecturers die. Which is unlikely... and unfortunate.

I can 'arrange' 'accidents' for a fee... I'm an expert in some things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    I can 'arrange' 'accidents' for a fee... I'm an expert in some things...
    And I can film such 'accidents' for a laughably bowel-churning and stupidly spine-chilling CTN series called "The Lecturers Who Failed The Grade".

Or something.

The important thing is that I get to make snuff films.
    I think we can all agree on that.

As long as we all get a cut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i also have 2 essays , 2 presentations and a 25 page business plan(well thats what she wants but 25 pages:eek:) , she better think again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

Blush_01 wrote:
    Won't be too bad. As long as certain lecturers die. Which is unlikely... and unfortunate.

I'm with you on that one...and I have a sneaking suspicion I know who you're talking about! ;)

Most likely. That person takes potential necrophilia (not on my part may I stress, before anyone gets the wrong idea!) to a whole new level!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i've got the nice sum of 9 finals in the summer :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Pah!! No exams that are worth anything this summer, though the 1st of my finals are in December :eek:! Don't be too envious, I finish on June 16th and have been in college for the last 3 weeks (well, hospitals...)!

Advertisement