Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

price of heated windscreen for focus

Options
  • 22-03-2006 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Heya all, wondering if anyone knows how much a new heated windscreen would be for a focus (01 zetec) I rang the windscreen repair guys but i have to get my insurance policy number before i get the quote, my insurance only covers up as far as 380.....

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I know a Mondeo heated screen is nearly €600!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

i got one for a '98 mondeo ghia & it cost less than €300 & they came to my house & fitted it.
    it was from autoglass.
    focus should be similar i would have thought;)
    I paid it myself as Quinn dont have windscreen cover(feckers!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As soon as you mention that your insurance policy is covering it, the price of the windscreen nearly doubles.

Ring around a few places and get a quote from them, 1. insurance company paying and 2. paying it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

crosstownk wrote:
    I know a Mondeo heated screen is nearly €600!!!!
    This is main dealer price - but AutoGlass, AutoGlaze and others will be much cheaper - the heated version is dearer.
    The cheapest people in that I've come across is AAA Windscreens - give them a shout.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Great gadget though the heated windscreen. Nobody else seems to offer it.

It's not even an option on a Focus ST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies, I was a little shocked at the price of 600 but 300 is ok, my insurance covers up to 380 but only with one company, so il try get a price from them before I tell them my insurance is paying for it.

Yeah the heated windscreen is great, in around a minute an iced-up windscreen is ready for use, pain in the ass when ya get a crack in it though, the next party to promise national road sweeping service will get my vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Great gadget though the heated windscreen. Nobody else seems to offer it.

It's not even an option on a Focus ST.

I read somewhere that Ford have refused all advances to licence the design to other manufacturers.

the windscreen i got for €300 WAS heated & slightly tinted(green).
    you would be crazy to get one from main dealer.

Well rang them up, suspiciously the lady who answered asked me will I be paying in cash or by insurance before I would be quoted.... typical!

It all ended well however as they are going to put in the new heated windscreen tomorrow morning with sunvisor without me paying a penny, the guy who rang me back said that it was all covered by the insurance, so if anyone else wants to get their heated focus front windscreen replaced its less than €380, althought ide expect them to charge the full 380 to the insurance company.

mondeoman wrote:
    the windscreen i got for €300 WAS heated & slightly tinted(green).
    you would be crazy to get one from main dealer.

God there is some difference in the price! ah well, im delighted that my insurance covers it, its my first time having my own insurance and even though all insurance is a ripoff, im glad to be getting something back.

• Advertisement

well done twonk,
    wish quinn had windscreen cover:mad: .

Advertisement