Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

april fools day pranks

Options
  • 22-03-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if any of you had any plans for pranks with april fools day coming up or had any suggestions based on past experiance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

My bf is always pranking me so this year I NEED A GOOD PRANK;)

I am terrifed of clowns, (ever since watching Stephen King's IT when I was young) and my bf found out about this.

We were in the old house, which was kinda dark and a bit spooky and the light bulbs kept going in the hall.

One nite I went up to the bathroom, but the light was not working in the hall, when I turned the light on in the bathroom all I could see was this full sized clown, with a weird smirk on his face just sitting on the toilet, waiting for me :eek: . I screamed like I had never screamed before. I have no idea how i didnt beat the crap out of my bf or even have a heart attack.

And another year just after we started going out, he wasnt feeling well so he went to the doc. He sent me a text later that day to say that the doc told him he might be HIV Positive. It took a good half hour of sweating to realise it was a prank.

I think you can all understand that this man NEEDS to be Pranked severly!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Tell him ur pregant. And show him one of those home test kits. showing ur pregnant. should be easy to change the color so it scares the **** out of him.

Have 'mornin sickness' for a few days before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

nialo wrote:
    Tell him ur pregnant. And show him one of those home test kits. showing ur pregnant. should be easy to change the color so it scares the **** out of him.

Have 'morning sickness' for a few days before!

Excellent idea...

Make sure you come back and let us know how that went :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

now that could backfire and you might not see him for dust:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

d-redser wrote:

I am terrifed of clowns, (ever since watching Stephen King's IT when I was young) and my bf found out about this.

We were in the old house, which was kinda dark and a bit spooky and the light bulbs kept going in the hall.

One nite I went up to the bathroom, but the light was not working in the hall, when I turned the light on in the bathroom all I could see was this full sized clown, with a weird smirk on his face just sitting on the toilet, waiting for me :eek: . I screamed like I had never screamed before. I have no idea how i didnt beat the crap out of my bf or even have a heart attack.

And another year just after we started going out, he wasnt feeling well so he went to the doc. He sent me a text later that day to say that the doc told him he might be HIV Positive. It took a good half hour of sweating to realise it was a prank.

That's not even remotely funny.It's royally ****ed up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Its probably a really old one but I thought it was funny... Leave a message for someone to call Myra Mains... leave the number of a funeral parlour and wait for them to turn red faced when they call the number :D

That's not even remotely funny.It's royally ****ed up!

I know, he does have a "weird" sense of humor.
    now that could backfire and you might not see him for dust

I was thinkin the same myself, or else totally getting jinxed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

xzanti wrote:
    Its probably a really old one but I thought it was funny... Leave a message for someone to call Myra Mains... leave the number of a funeral parlour and wait for them to turn red faced when they call the number :D

I never heard that one before. Thats pretty good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

petes wrote:
    I never heard that one before. Thats pretty good.

Ah its a bit lame/tame compaired to the others... Some fairly cruel ones there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

xzanti wrote:
    Ah its a bit lame/tame compaired to the others... Some fairly cruel ones there :eek:

True but I heard the others before so it got a chuckle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

D-redser, it seems as though your boyfriend is a big fan of April Fools day, so he's more than likely going to know what day it is and possibly have something planned for you.

You are really going to need something good. If he drives, you could get someone to follow you to a shopping centre or something, then get them to move the car and you could pretend its stolen.

Just an idea.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    D-redser, it seems as though your boyfriend is a big fan of April Fools day, so he's more than likely going to know what day it is and possibly have something planned for you.

You are really going to need something good. If he drives, you could get someone to follow you to a shopping centre or something, then get them to move the car and you could pretend its stolen.

Just an idea.

oooo thats evil :eek: I like !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I like it anotherone is to put flour in his air conditioning vents so and have the air conditioning switched on so that when he starts the car hell get covered in flour

N.B. Its very important to have the air conditioning already turned on for when he gets into the car. If he should turn t on himself while driving it could cause an accident

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Roll him up in a carpet and push him off a bridge!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

daithimac wrote:
    Hi I was just wondering if any of you had any plans for pranks with april fools day coming up or had any suggestions based on past experiance:)

This one © Keith Moon/Viv Stanshall, 1969-ish

You will need

a) 1 Tailors/Gentlemans outfitters Shop
    b) 1 Sidekick
    c) 1 One legged friend

Enter shop with sidekick. Enquire after a pair of gentlemans trousers, insisting that they are 'strong in the crotch area'. Take trousers handed to you. Have sidekick take the ankle end of one leg and grasp a firm grip of the other yourself. Pull.

Pull damn hard.

Pull, both of you, so darned hard on the legs of the trousers that they split.

Have your one legged friend hop into the shop, spot the trousers and exclaim "one legged pants, Brilliant, I'll take 'em"

Take picture of facial expression of bloke in shop and post it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Roll him up in a carpet and push him off a bridge!
    This is the humour forum.

Anyways, I once got a friend with this one.

He drinks red wine, which reminded me* of a prank I read online ages ago.
    I got me some red dye. It was crystalline, water soluable powder. Non toxic, too which was a bit of a bonus(drawback). So I poured it into his wine when he was away from it and later when he was taking a leak, the dye comes out just as red as it comes in.

He thought it was blood and started freaking out. :)

Quite the lollerful.

*think it was usenet about 7 or 10 years ago.
    alt.shenanigans IIRC. Don't think that place is still around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    ...He drinks red wine, which reminded me* of a prank I read online ages ago. I got me some red dye. It was crystalline, water soluable powder. Non toxic, too which was a bit of a bonus(drawback). So I poured it into his wine when he was away from it and later when he was taking a leak, the dye comes out just as red as it comes in.

Evil genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

One of the lads in work got me with this last yr. He told me a client by the name of Mr. C. Lyon had called for me. When I rang the "client" back it was the number for Dublin zoo!!! It was quite funny. I'll be definitley getting him back the the Myra Mains one this yr!

Anybody else got any good pranks ??

He has to be brought down !!

:D Bump :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

If your milk comes in a cardboard container, add a few drops of food coloring. It's harmless April Fool's joke but the results are pretty colorful.

hmm i duno. At dinner loosen the salt and pepper things so it will pour all over the place :D

Grab a bunch of alarm clocks, set them to alarm at very early times in the morning and hide them all around different places at your bf's room!

Has anyone watched HomeWrecker with Ryan Dunn? Brill pranks to get off that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

d-redser wrote:

2 tins of shaving foam--1 deep freezer.Freeze both tins.Get a hacksaw,cut the ends off both tins and you end up with 2 blocks of solid shaving foam.Hide the 2 of them in his locker,sports bag,any where else sneaky.
    Soon as they start to thaw they start to expand--get the idea.

Or get a tube of talc powder--Pour it down the air vents in the car and turn on the blower full and set it for the "face" setting.Soon as the ignition is turned on the driver and passenger get showered with talc.

Get a spare set of car keys cut--get one of your friends to move the car on the night before Aprils fools.I got caught out with that one--called the gardai,reported it to the insurance company and all before my friend owned up to the prank.
    Got him back with the shaving foam one though--put them in his locker in work and within an hour the whole room (6x6) was full of shaving foam.

Another one we did was replace the rear number plate on another friends car with a plate reading "Honk Im Gay" on the day he was heading to Cork from Dublin.Coludnt understand why he was being beeped at all the way from Dublin and then when he got there he couldnt take the plate off cos we cut the tops off the screws.

Theres a few ideas for you.Personally Id go with the shaving foam if you have somewhere decent to hide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hellrazer wrote:

Another one we did was replace the rear number plate on another friends car with a plate reading "Honk Im Gay" on the day he was heading to Cork from Dublin.Coludnt understand why he was being beeped at all the way from Dublin and then when he got there he couldnt take the plate off cos we cut the tops off the screws.

Theres a few ideas for you.Personally Id go with the shaving foam if you have somewhere decent to hide it.

LOL, could ya imagine if the poor soul went through a checkpoint!

Advertisement