Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X16 - "The Whole Truth" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sephirosis wrote:
    also maybe i'm forgetting something painfully obvious, but how did he know there was a "guy locked in the closet" or whatever the words were that he used?
    Sayid would have told him.

Anyone any idea what the hell it was the two of them were building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Sayid did tell him at the end of "One Of Them".

There were rumors (though I think that they turned out to be foilers) that they were building another raft to circum-navigate the island. There were also rumors at one point that Eko was building a church.

In the last podcast the writers mentioned that throughout season 2 you have been seeing the survivors building more and more of a settlement on the edge of the beach and jungle (they were explaining why the losties don't use the caves anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

everything points to Henry being an Other, but with Lost built on twists - i'm wondering are they just making it seem really obvious that he is an other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Tauren wrote:
    everything points to Henry being an Other, but with Lost built on twists - i'm wondering are they just making it seem really obvious that he is an other.

because he's not an other per se, i.e doesn't work for dhrma directly like say Zeke or ethan(or at least what we've come to see and konw about zeke and ethan)

this threads idea is good I think

http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?t=41557

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

monomaniac wrote:
    Sayid did tell him at the end of "One Of Them"

oh yeah i remember the very scene now :o thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I give it a 7 goodish

I don't think henry's an other. he just stirring the **** cos he crashed on a ****ed up island, his wifes dead, he got caputered by a group a crazies he thinks are going to kill him. so he reckons why not stir it up and have a bit of fun before they kill him.

Interesting to see Sayid blames the Others for Shannons death he'll go bad ass on them when he finds one.

Also i think it is Jins baby. just like Locke he's miracluously cured by the island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

I didnt like the episode.Was rather boring.Sun getting pregnant was just one of those "Pointless Story Line" moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

rip2roar wrote:
    I didnt like the episode.Was rather boring.Sun getting pregnant was just one of those "Pointless Story Line" moments.

I agree completely. I hate Jin and Suns story. Its just too nice. Even Jin beating up the guy was done to be "nice" and not let him be killed. I'm also guessing Sun didn't sleep with baldy... why? because she's "nice", and would never do that to her husband. Compared to the rest of the island, they seem like bleedin mother theresas illegitimate children (now that would be a twist?) I guess I just can't relate to their situation. Although I don't mind the episodes specifically about Jin, so I guess I just don't like Sun... she's very bland.

i'm giving it a 5/10, specifically because the ending WOULD of been pretty good, where it not for reading these DAMN spoiler threads. I just can't resist.
    Whats the point in blanking it out anyway. Who actually doesn't read them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

L31mr0d wrote:
    Although I don't mind the episodes specifically about Jin, so I guess I just don't like Sun... she's very bland.

My thoughts exactly. The only way they could spice up her character is by revealing she works for Dharma.
    When people were talking about "baldy" being the father here, I thought for a minute they meant Locke. I was wondering what I had missed and thinking: "Go on Locke, you shiny-headed love machine".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

agamemnon wrote:
    "Go on Locke, you shiny-headed love machine".

LOL!! Why is this so funny?? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Funny cos it's true!
    You just know that inside that stony Zen exterior lurks a sexbeast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nchap

I thought the episode was good but nothing special!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

They seem to be doing one taster episode followed up by a good episode. I think last weeks was the taster episode for this week. Lost should really be run in 2 hour segments (like RTE did last season :D , go on ya boyo!) because 1 episode feels like only half the information. Last weeks one also ended quite abruptly IMO.

I personally don't think Henry is an other. Hes just there to add to the paranoia that seems to be rising on the island. Also it seems to be a trend that whenever they introduce a new character, they kill another one off.

Boone for Rousseau, Shannon for Ana Lucia, the dynamite guy who introduced himself then killed himself, ethan aswell. So I think Henry is either going to replace someone or be killed off himself. Purely hypothetical, but isn't that what this forums all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

Cuppa says maybe charlie got up to some extra activities when he took sun
    ODFM Says Miracle baby my ass. And does anyone else think Charlie's turning into a real príck???

This is a popular theory in the amreicas. Charlie raped Sun when he kidnapped her. Either Sun has blocked this out of her mind. Or, She is to affraid to admit to have been raped due to JIn's anger.

As for the whole balloon thing. Several people have suggested the idea of that Hennry Gale really did crash on the island while traveling with his wife in a blloon, and his wife did die. then an other killed him, took his place and let him self be captured by Danielle in order to infiltrate and mess with the group.

It's good to be back btw, i missed your pearls of wisdom Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

I hope the next episode isnt just a blatant *filler* like this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Didnt they react very quickly when Sun was taken by Charlie? He would have to of been quicker than Boris Becker to get her up the duff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

mad m wrote:
    Didnt they react very quickly when Sun was taken by Charlie? He would have to of been quicker than Boris Becker to get her up the duff....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Good episode. I think Charlie may have been a very bold boy with Sun. Why else would they have shown the flashback at the start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

.. Why else would they have shown the flashback at the start?
    To show Sun was abducted while planting and hence, Jin's sudden lash-out at her suggestion of staying in the garden on her own for another while.

This muck on a lot of the US fan sites that Charlie may have raped Sun is ridiculous..! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

basquille wrote:
    To show Sun was abducted while planting and hence, Jin's sudden lash-out at her suggestion of staying in the garden on her own for another while.

This muck on a lot of the US fan sites that Charlie may have raped Sun is ridiculous..! :rolleyes:

I thought it was the garden thing alright, just thought they might be hinting at the other thing as well. Given the US TV censorship I cant see such a topic been done on primetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

I thought it was the garden thing alright, just thought they might be hinting at the other thing as well. Given the US TV censorship I cant see such a topic been done on primetime.

well sun, and lockes mother have this miraculous conception thing going on, I had a brief fling with the idea that they were artifically inseminated by dharma, but how charlie would carry out this procedure in a forest is beyond me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:

Yep, completely agree. The "Previously..." was only intended to show that her garden had placed her life in danger in the past and Jin was wildly protective of her. He later realised (with the beach 'Daddio' conversation) that he couldn't protect her and his lack of English isolated him completely from the group. He couldn't protect her while she was angry with him either - so he relented and went to fix his mistake. That's all the flashback was there for. Charlie *did not* rape Sun. (No time anyway, the kidnap happened way too fast.)

As for the episode itself, I thought it was four-in-a-row (after Saywer, Sayid, Claire's), another classic. Only 2x04, 2x05, 2x08, 2x09, 2x11 and 2x12 were particularly weak this year, IMO. OK, so that's almost a third of them, but I truly think Henry Gale's arrival has been the most recent saving grace for the show. He is sort of this year's "hatch" mystery.

(I still think we'll end the season with the countdown reaching 0 and the first couple of seconds of the resulting fallout. Was thinking recently the current hatch might be destroyed and they'd end up using that set-space for a new location, just as happened with the cave set from season 1 into season 2.)

Anyway, Henry Gale - great addition. Loved his face at the end of 2x14 (that and the countdown/"You would remember... if it were true!" scene has to rank as among the best of s2 and the series so far), loved his Locke wind-up at the end of 2x15 and 2x16's possible Other-plan revelation leading to "You guys got any milk?" was just fantastic.

The show's hit its stride recently (as s1 did around this point after a likewise stronger opening batch) - hope it continues. Even Sun's backstory was pretty interesting. Seems Dharma/the island fixed Jin's fertility issues, just like Locke's legs and (maybe) Charlie's near-death in 1x11. Question is why. Does the island need children? If so, why? And if so, why not start manipulating and pairing Jack/Ana Lucia, Kate/Sawyer, Charlie/Claire, HurleyLibby etc. off quicker so as to achieve the goal of populating sooner?

The Locke 'immaculate conception' tie-in is quite clever, though I still have my doubts as to whether his mother were telling the truth or not. (Roll on Hurley's next flashback whenever that comes - would love to see if she turns up in it.)

And, for that matter, roll on tonight. Some posts suggest 2x17 will be a good 'un. No idea why, keeping myself in the dark as usual, but I have high hopes for some thrilling viewing later on!

Advertisement