Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What foundation do you use?

• 22-03-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Just wondering what foundation all your girlies use? Ive gone through so many but still cannot find the ultimate holy grail foundation!

I usually use Elizabeth Arden compact but i always have to re-apply during day.
    Best one ive found so far is Clinique Super-Fit, stays put all day.
    I tried that new L'Oreal Infallable - do not buy! Its muck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

At the moment its Clairns: Multi-Matte Foundation..and its lovely!!

Before that it was Clinque: Gentle Light Makeup..found that ok..did the job like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

During the day I use MAC spf 15 foundation but going out I use Royal Effem, it's brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Elara Lady

im an elizabeth arden girl myself, i used to have the same problem with having to reaply but now i use a cream first for oily skin, what ever it does my makeup stays put all day in work and even when im out dancing the only thing i bing now is my lippy. the cream is from Avon of all places, cant remember the name, i'll chaek when i go home and let you know tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Have been through every foundation possibel and THE only one I use now is photogenic by lancome-it looks so natural and not at all caked on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Giorgio Armani, Hydra Glow Foundation, best foundation I've ever used and has a lovely glow to it, but very light so never looks like it's been caked on, just makes skin look really healthy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

panda100 wrote:
    photogenic by lancome
    ya my friend uses that one too and loves it.

I use a matte one by...Lancome or Loreal. I think it's Lancome. It's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I just use a foundation from the Body Shop, and concentrate on getting nice eyeshadows, mascara s and eyeliners. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Elara Lady wrote:
    the cream is from Avon of all places, cant remember the name, i'll chaek when i go home and let you know tomorrow

would it be "invisible light"? i use that, its lovely, even to wear on its own.

you can wear it, under or over your foundation, and it gives a lovely glow.

the foundation i use is Max Factor Colour adapt. it snot very expensive at around €18 per bottle but its the best one i can find for my colouring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I have never used foundation and judging by my mum, never will - am happy with my skin tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I use Loreal True Match. But I might have to change. I have a skin tone that is difficult to match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Used to wear Mac foundation or sometimes Clinique Soft Finish... but recently tried Dior Airflash-its fab! costs around €40 but because its sprayed from a can i reckon there will be less wastage. Lovely natural coverage and very easy to apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I mix Armani HydraGlow with a little L'Oreal Translucide to get the colour and texture that I want. I've tried a lot of foundations but I really love these two. I used the Translucide on its own for ages and thought it was perfect but the Armani one is just that little bit better...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

some sort of maxfactor touch proof stuff, have to wear make-up for work grrrr. havent tried it w/ the motorbike helmet yet but ill bet its gonna all come off

Femmy wrote:
    would it be "invisible light"? i use that, its lovely, even to wear on its own.

you can wear it, under or over your foundation, and it gives a lovely glow.

the foundation i use is Max Factor Colour adapt. it snot very expensive at around €18 per bottle but its the best one i can find for my colouring.

Hey Femmy....

yep thats the one. i love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

@ Elara Lady - yea i use no.7 make-up base underneath the elizabeth arden and tend to stay on longer.

@ Smurfbaby - i would be interested in trying that airbrush one. Is it not messy? ive tried airbrush tanning myself and was quite messy!

Im wearing Mac Studio Tech today, left my E.Arden at home and it horrible. So sticky.

~Leanne~ wrote:
    @ Elara Lady - yea i use no.7 make-up base underneath the elizabeth arden and tend to stay on longer.

@ Smurfbaby - i would be interested in trying that airbrush one. Is it not messy? ive tried airbrush tanning myself and was quite messy!

Im wearing Mac Studio Tech today, left my E.Arden at home and it horrible. So sticky.

Hi Leanne,

you know what my mam found great, never thought to mention it. number 7 wear off tan in medium/dark. when you put it on it gives a light colour straight but then develops to a tan over around 4 hours. its handy when your a bit pale, my mam has started doing it, she wares less make up cause of it so less make up less smudge around lunch and the difference is great, i did it this morning and i'll be sticking to it for mnow on. its €14 a bottle and it say its for your body but dont mind that if it does the job.

also meant to add that you put it on under your foundation. gives like a base. i was really amazed by it and get the medium to dark, even if your pale skined, i am and it very natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Oh ill try that. Ive used a face tan before and i did notice that the streaky look wasnt half as bad the next day as i didnt need as much foundation in first place!
    Thanks for the tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

~Leanne~ wrote:
    @ Smurfbaby - i would be interested in trying that airbrush one. Is it not messy? ive tried airbrush tanning myself and was quite messy!.

Nope its very easy to use-which is why I like it:D
    Its basically in a small aerosol can. You hold at arms length from your face and spray a light mist which you then smooth over your skin using fingers/a sponge. Foolproof! I like it because its gives a lovely natural even coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Estee Lauder - Double Wear.
    Stays on all day, full coverage.
    I have two shades, one for when I have the tan done, one for without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and cannot fault it. It's like putting on a second skin but the second skin is flawless and glows beautifully :) I went into the counter in BT and they gave me the perfect colour for my skin.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i dont wear foundation on a day-to-day basis, only when im going out, and i use Max factor panstik, shade 12. find it easy to apply, and a good match for my fair skin, and it lasts, oh and not v expensive.

a good foundation really is essential when putting on makeup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dream matte Moouse at night and Max Factor Hyper Smooth during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Elizabeth Arden for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

at night after moisturising i put on Lancome Face tanning gel. Its great. It means that by day I only need a concealer under my eyes (estee lauder disappear) and borgouis face powder rather than having to wear foundation. If Im heading out at night and need foundation I wear Loreal true match I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

I'm using Bourjois Happy Light at the moment and its great. Top foundation tip though is to use Laura Mercier Primer - makes a big difference - foundation goes on much more smoothly (skin doesn't soak it up so much) and lasts much longer than normal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i have never used foundation in my life, though unlike CathyMoran i dont think im blessed with a naturally beautiful skin tone.
    i just dont have time for that kind of thing, foundations are messy and can be tricky to apply to give a natural look. i also find they're quite expensive and there are so many to choose from i dont even wanna start looking.
    when im wearing make-up i simply moisturise and then apply a little powder to reduce shine and give a bit of a base to my make-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I flirt between mac, lancome and nars depending on which bottle I pick up from the dressing table! I love laura mercier primer under it, or for no-fuss daytime look her tinted moisturisers are fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

MAC Studiofix all the way. Over any light liquid foundation, it looks flawless. Suprisingly, that Matte Mousse stuff is good too, but a little cakey if you're not careful and apply iy with your fingers like so many people do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

During the day I use No7 Intelligent Colour Nude.. and at night I sometimes use a darker shade depending on if Im wearing fake tan or not... Or on holidays I always bring the darker colour for obvious reasons..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Georgia Armani Hydro-Glo for me, can't fault it plus my skin seems to have improved a tad since I started using it

Advertisement