Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

firefox helper apps configuration

• 22-03-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭

I'm wondering how I can do this in Firefox. It was certainly possible in the earlier Mozilla/Netscape browsers and is probably right under my nose and I just can't see how to do it.

Here goes:

How do I configure helper apps so that files of a certain mime type/extension will always be opened automatically when links to those files are clicked by a specified app.

Example: Whenever I click on a .ra , .ram RealAudio linked file (say on the BBC website) how do I avoid the dialog which currently asks me to choose whether to play the clip or save the .ra file ? I'd prefer the browser was smart enough to always launch the RealPlayer app every time I click on links which correspond to RA content.

Thanks, in advance

~ipl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iplogger1

Actually - I've figured it out (d'oh). There is a checkbox which is on the dialog which I was seemingly completely blind to until now. All working now.

sorry for inflating the discussion bandwidth !

~ipl

Advertisement