Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will finish 2nd,3rd,4th(updated)? and predictions

• 22-03-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Withonly a handfull of games left in the race for the remaining champions league places(Chelsea title winners) is about to hot up, there are 6 Teams in contention

01. Chelsea P30 75points
    02. Man United P29 63 + 16 from remaining = 79 3d finish
    03. Liverpool P31 61 +19 = 80 2nd
    04. Tottenham P30 52 +10 = 62 7th
    05. Arsenal P30 50 + 22 =72 4th
    06. Blackburn P30 49 +15 = 64 6th
    07. Bolton P28 48 +16 = 64 5th

Manchester United
    Sun 26/3 16:00 Birmingham City H 3
    Wed 29/3 20:00 West Ham H 3
    Sat 1/4 15:00 Bolton Wanderers A 0
    Sun 9/4 16:00 Arsenal H 0
    Fri 14/4 19:45 Sunderland H 3
    Mon 17/4 12:45 Tottenham A 1
    Sat 22/4 15:00 Middlesbrough H 3
    Sat 29/4 15:00 Chelsea A 0
    Sun 7/5 15:00 Charlton Athletic H 3

Liverpool FC

25 Mar, 2006 Everton H 3
    01 Apr, 2006 West Brom A 3
    09 Apr,Bolton Wanderers H 3
    16 Apr, 2006 Blackburn Rovers A 1
    22 Apr, 2006 West Ham United A 3
    29 Apr, 2006 Aston Villa H 3
    07 May, 2006 Portsmouth A 3

Spurs
    27th Mar West Brom H 3
    1st Apr Newcastle A 0
    8th Apr Man City H 1
    15th Apr Everton A 0
    17th Apr Man Utd H 1
    22nd Apr Arsenal A 1
    30th Apr Bolton H 1
    7th May West Ham A 3

Arsenal
    25 March Portsmouth A 3
    1 April Aston Villa H 3
    9 Manchester United A 3
    15 West Bromwich Albion H 3
    17 Manchester City A 3
    22 Tottenham Hotspur H 1
    1 May Sunderland A 3
    7 Wigan Athletic H 3

Blackburn
    sunderland sat 3
    3rdApril; Wigan H 1
    8th Portsmouth A 3
    16 Liverpool H 1
    19 Birmingham A 3
    22 Chelsea H 0
    29th Charlton A 1
    7thmay Man City H 3

Bolton
    26th march Middlesbor A 3
    1st April Man U H 3
    4th Birmingham A 3
    9th Liverpool A 0
    15th Chelsea H 0
    17th WBA A 3
    22nd Charlton H 3
    29th SPurs A 1
    7th May Birmingham H 3

So what do you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

arsenal and man u can't both finish 3rd, i think it might be a typo.

chelsea
    man utd
    liverpool
    arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The first three as they are and a great battle between the North London rivals for 4th hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think you're being very generous to Arsenal, considering their atrocious away form. 6 points from Man City and man Utd? They'd probably be happy with 1!

Utd are going to be fired up to pressure Chelsea all the way to the end, I'd imagine. Ultimately, they'll finish 2nd.

Liverpool have some tough games in West Ham and Bolton, but I'd expect them to hang onto 3rd, especially if their forwards keep up recent form!

4th place is wide open. If I had to pick, I'd say Tottenham. Even though they've got the worst of the run-ins, it's pretty much in their hands if they get results against Arsenal and Bolton. That Spurs - Arse game is going to be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i don't think the rivialry get into the players in the uk anymore. bar the players who are from those aeras ie. gerrard and carragher for the everton match etc, but is the arsenal game any different to say a blackburn match for the likes of mido? i think it means more to the fans than the players, i think with the huge influx of foreign players that they treat all matches equally bar the games where they have a personal rivialry ie viera and keane back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Funniest post I've read in ages. You are a liverpool fan I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

fade2black wrote:
    This is the second time I've seen you post something along these lines.

Now personally I don't expect Liverpool to finish above United, but the poster does and he has given his reasons above by listing the games United would drop points in. Given the opposition in those games I don't think it is totally off the wall that United may drop points in those games. Do you?

At the same time, I don't think the points he has allocated to Liverpool are completely far-fetched either. Given the opposition I would be disappointed if Liverpool did not get maximum points from all of their remaining games bar the West Ham and Blackburn game. And given the way they are playing I don't think four out of six against them is unreasonable in the slightest.

Instead of trolling out your one liners post up why you think such a suggestion is so far off the mark.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that the roles of Liverpool and United were almost completely reversed, with Liverpool having the chance to steam ahead on condition that they won their games in hand. In case you have not realised yet, football can be unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I also think the OP has been generous with Arsenal. In particular, the 3 away games of Portsmouth, Man United and Man City.
    Now, if you look at each individual game it's not all that unrealistic that they could win it on their day, but let's not forget how inconsistent they've been away from home. I know they have been much better of late, but I'd be surprised if they picked up 9 points in those 3 away games.
    Pompey seem rejuvinated, United have gotten over their early season home-slump and Man City have been very strong at home, this year especially (okay, two consecutive defeats against Wigan and West Ham undermines that comment a bit, but it's still not a given 3 points.)
    I think the OP has also been enormously generous to Liverpool. I know they seem to be peaking at the right time, but I'd still be surprised if they took 19 points from an available 21.

I honestly think the top 3 will remain as they are (although Liverpool now look like they'll make a real battle of it) but I think the final 4th spot will be the most exciting run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

1. Man Utd
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

2nd.man u
    3rd.pool
    4th.gunners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

1. Man Utd
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

those prawn sandwiches gone to your head smemnon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

smemon wrote:
    1. Man Utd
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Pfft, what a rediculous prediction!

1. Blackburn
    2. Bolton
    3. Liverpool
    4. Wigan

^^ imo! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

-edit- of course, this relies on both chelsea and man U having their chairmen pulled for illegal/financial mis-doings :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

el rabitos wrote:
    those prawn sandwiches gone to your head smemon?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

blu_sonic wrote:
    arsenal and man u can't both finish 3rd, i think it might be a typo.

chelsea
    man utd
    liverpool
    arsenal

the OP is a bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

fade2black wrote:

agreed, you'd know the OP wasn't a Man U fan, he has Liverpool/Arsenal down to do great and Man U down to do **** :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

1. Arsenal
    2. Liverpool
    3. Chelsea
    4. Bolton
    5. Man Utd
    6. Blackburn
    9. Tottenham

This is the second time I've seen you post something along these lines.

Now personally I don't expect Liverpool to finish above United, but the poster does and he has given his reasons above by listing the games United would drop points in. Given the opposition in those games I don't think it is totally off the wall that United may drop points in those games. Do you?

At the same time, I don't think the points he has allocated to Liverpool are completely far-fetched either. Given the opposition I would be disappointed if Liverpool did not get maximum points from all of their remaining games bar the West Ham and Blackburn game. And given the way they are playing I don't think four out of six against them is unreasonable in the slightest.

Instead of trolling out your one liners post up why you think such a suggestion is so far off the mark.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that the roles of Liverpool and United were almost completely reversed, with Liverpool having the chance to steam ahead on condition that they won their games in hand. In case you have not realised yet, football can be unpredictable.

Nice to see you keeping a close track on my posts anyway.;)

Your opinion of trolling is just any post that isn't gut wrenchingly pro-liverpool. 90% of the Liverpool fans on this forum bore me and I've decided that one liner, as little thought as possible replies are the only way to treat you all in future. I'll save my well thought out musings and observations for people who don't believe that Robbie Fowler is God. Thanks for caring though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I don't know about other Liverpool fans, but I'm deeply upset not to be on the receiving end of your wise punditry fade2black :rolleyes:

I'll save my well thought out musings and observations for people who don't believe that Robbie Fowler is God

says a guy who probably thinks ole solkaer is a LEGEND

he called you on your apparant inability to reply to the OP's realistic observations and thoughts to what will happen by futher trolling and attacking liverpool.

Suggestion: have all the Liverpool and United fans meet up for an Anchorman style melee where all combatents are given a range of brutal weapons. Slaughter eachother mercilessly until the last man standing drags himself to a computer to announce the result, before dying himself. The irony of having no-one to enjoy the victorious triumphalism with would be delicious.

Everybody else wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Blackburn

3rdApril; Wigan H 1
    8th Portsmouth A 3
    16 Liverpool H 1
    19 Birmingham A 3
    22 Chelsea H 0
    29th Charlton A 1
    7thmay Man City H 3

Very nice of the Original Poster not to include one of our banker 3 pointers :)

The SUnderland game this saturday :)

Oh to hell with it...

Liverpool FC

25 Mar, 2006 Everton H 3

I think this is a little unrealistic to be honest...Liverpool have a habit, not too unlike Man Utd really of slipping up on the hurdles that seem to be easier than others.

In saying that, their form of late, including the exciting amount of goals being scored should give many hope for a late surge. I do think that 2 points and 2 games behind Man United, who are also in great form, is a very big ask.

With the way Chelsea are leaking confidence of late it just leaves the Man Utd and Liverpool fans to reflect on those matches that should have been won earlier in the season but slipped by...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool

Thats done and dusted really at this stage.

Tight for 4th spot but I`ll tip Arsenal to sneak it from Spurs,although I`d prefer it the other way around:D

Oh and lol @ OP

fade2black wrote:
    Nice to see you keeping a close track on my posts anyway.;)
    Not quite.

I saw you make a post a day or two ago of a similar vein (i.e. that Liverpool have 0% chance of making second, and that even the thought of it was "one of the funniest things you have seen in years"). I remembered it because before then I didn't rank you in the category of Manchester United fan that are so pro-United I only converse with them to see what cracker we get out of them next. I didn't respond at the time because I thought you were either messing or not really thinking things through.

I did this time because obviously I was wrong, I'm a little disappointed, but then again the forum always needs more posters of the Ronaldo7 ilk.

To top it all, despite your original observation you went on to only label the OP's prediction of Liverpools fixtures as only "a little unrealistic" and only based on the fact that in years gone by they have dropped points unexpectedly. This year very few points have been dropped out of the blue. You also failed to argue successfully the thought that United couldn't possibly drop points against the likes of Arsenal/Bolton/Chelsea/Spurs, which is all that would have to happen to see the OPs assessment true.
    fade2black wrote:
    Your opinion of trolling is just any post that isn't gut wrenchingly pro-liverpool.
    You're spot on again. In fact I was just trolling Liverpool fans when I said that I didn't think they would finish not only first, but not even second ahead of United. :rolleyes:
    fade2black wrote:
    90% of the Liverpool fans on this forum bore me and I've decided that one liner, as little thought as possible replies are the only way to treat you all in future.

I'll save my well thought out musings and observations for people who don't believe that Robbie Fowler is God. Thanks for caring though.
    Well seeing as c. 40% of fans on the board are Liverpool fans, and 90% of them bore you, perhaps you should take your "thought out musings and observations" elsewhere. For your own good. They won't be missed.

You arrogance is astounding. While I'm not blind and can clearly see that there are a few Liverpool fans who are well over the top and biased, I certainly am not one of them, and urge you to point out a few of my posts that are "gut-wrenchingly pro-Liverpool". I know I'll be waiting a while.

As another poster said, you probably still think OGS is a legend, or even Roy Keane, personally I wouldn't see a problem and might even agree if you did, but you seem to have a problem with Liverpool fans still idolising arguably the best goalscorer in the clubs history? Who is still playing at the top level?

Sorry now I have to go, I have to go watch a documentary about five European Cups, 18 league titles and so forth. I'd come back later but I'm too immersed in The Bible. He was only a kid from Toxteth did you not know? Besides the thread is worth binning anyway.

Firstly, I came back and discussed the original topic a bit more so as to not be responsible for completely dragging the thread off topic.

Now, a lot of what you've just posted seems to be just arguing for the sake of it, which if you'd like to take to the thunderdrome, I'd be delighted to continue and dance that little tango with you.

I don't think you would like that so we should probably just leave it here. Before I do though, could you link me to this post of mine that so disappointed you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

fade2black wrote:
    Oh to hell with it...

Liverpool FC

25 Mar, 2006 Everton H 3

you do realise you given liverpool 19 points from there remaining fixtures? the excact same as the OP.

I just copied and pasted from the OP as a point of reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

touche

Go ahead, make your jokes, Mr. Jokey... Joke-maker. But let me hit you with some knowledge. Quit now. Save yourself the embarrassment of losing with these losers in Las Vegas, La Fleur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Suggestion: have all the Liverpool and United fans meet up for an Anchorman style melee where all combatents are given a range of brutal weapons. Slaughter eachother mercilessly until the last man standing drags himself to a computer to announce the result, before dying himself. The irony of having no-one to enjoy the victorious triumphalism with would be delicious.

Everybody else wins.
    Agreed! And I'm a United fan...but if death meant I didn't have to scroll down through some of the petty arguements here, then so be it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Ha Ha Ha

edit: i'm laughing at pepe's post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

fade2black wrote:
    My thoughts exactly. An obvious ABU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jivin Turkey

I totally agree with you about that, but perhaps you'd apply the same standerds to your own fans and people would take a bit more notice.

Is of exactly the same vein, yet not criticised by you

---

As for the run in:

Manchester United
    Sat 1/4 15:00 Bolton Wanderers A 3
    Sun 9/4 16:00 Arsenal H 3
    Mon 17/4 12:45 Tottenham A 3
    Sat 29/4 15:00 Chelsea A 3

Yeh :)

Considernig we've won 10 games in 12, and are on a serious run of form for Saha, I fully expect us to win our next 2 matches. Bolton will be tough, I'd take a draw in normal terms, but we need a win, if we win there, we can push Chelsea all the way. Arsenal I think we should beat them, we know how to. Sunderland will be a walkover, just like Norwich last year :P Spurs will be a toughie, but I think we will do Arsenal and Liverpool a favour over them, no idea why. I'd imagine that it'll be a draw or a win for us. Boro is an easy game.
    Chelsea will be fun as always, the big big question, will there be a guard of honour?

Optimistic I know, but hope is hope

this

was in response to this
    1. Man Utd
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

PHB, if i told you man united were the best team in England, you and smemnon and a few others amonst the man u fans would be attacking me and asking why i didnt think man united were the best team in Europe.

the OP is getting the ":rolleyes: " and "rotfl!11one!" treatment at the mere mathimatical suggestion that liverpool could finish above united this year.

Given that 9 out of 10 OBJECTIVE fans would tell u man utd have a consideribly tougher run in than liverpool, its is NOT beyond the realms of possibility that liverpool will finish 2nd. i'm not saying liverpool WILL finish 2nd, because i'm objective, its great over here, give it a go

fade2black wrote:
    Firstly, I came back and discussed the original topic a bit more so as to not be responsible for completely dragging the thread off topic.
    Yes you did, and noted that it would only be a bit unrealistic to expect Liverpool to be as successful as the OP originanlly thought.

You have also still failed to accept, agree or even acknowledge that there may a possibility that United could drop points against some of the teams they still have to play. In fact four of the leagues top six teams, two away from home.

Yet the OP's thoughts were still "the funniest post you have seen in ages"? You sir, need to get out more.
    fade2black wrote:
    Now, a lot of what you've just posted seems to be just arguing for the sake of it
    Everything I've posted is in response to something you have said, so who is at fault here? I've addressed each point you made individually, yet you just come back with general blanket posts against anything I've said.
    fade2black wrote:
    which if you'd like to take to the thunderdrome, I'd be delighted to continue and dance that little tango with you. I don't think you would like that so we should probably just leave it here.
    You don't think I would like that? Why not? Because I am afraid that you may put up my first "Jivin Turkey get in here" thread. Oh no. I couldn't take it.

Or because you recognise that I am a mature adult who has better things to do with his time than frequent a forum whats sole purpose is to let adolescents and morons unleash insults at each other before sitting back with smug smiles on their spotty faces: "Arf! Arf! I really nailed that guy......................If only I had some friends to see it......................".

You are right. Please don't.
    fade2black wrote:
    Before I do though, could you link me to this post of mine that so disappointed you?
    It was in that marvellous thread which was locked, posted by Chiller. The original premise was correct? To quote yourself, down to each "gut-wrenching pro-United" word.

We can all call whoever the villan here. I just think coming out with snide one liners like "funniest thing I've seen in ages" deserves the response it got. Particularly when you decided to follow up this with the hypocritical and oh so ironic "I hate the gut wrenching pro-Liverpool" crap.

If you think United will finish second, well for you, I am in agreement. Put a decent arguement together though instead of kicking off flamewars, before going on to agree somewhat with what the original poster said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

looking at the run in i do think liverpool will pip 2nd, i just have a feeling united will slip up. i would also like spurs to get 4th but i dont really mind. have to say i am genuinely happy with liverpools season, 3rd place at least and throw the FA cup in hopefully and its been a good year domestically compared to the last two. anyway theres no point anyone getting their knickers in a twist we can come back to this may 7th and go through the results then to see who is right!!

Yes you did, and noted that it would only be a bit unrealistic to expect Liverpool to be as successful as the OP originanlly thought.

You have also still failed to accept, agree or even acknowledge that there may a possibility that United could drop points against some of the teams they still have to play. In fact four of the leagues top six teams, two away from home.

Yet the OP's thoughts were still "the funniest post you have seen in ages"? You sir, need to get out more.

Everything I've posted is in response to something you have said, so who is at fault here? I've addressed each point you made individually, yet you just come back with general blanket posts against anything I've said.

You don't think I would like that? Why not? Because I am afraid that you may put up my first "Jivin Turkey get in here" thread. Oh no. I couldn't take it.

Or because you recognise that I am a mature adult who has better things to do with his time than frequent a forum whats sole purpose is to let adolescents and morons unleash insults at each other before sitting back with smug smiles on their spotty faces: "Arf! Arf! I really nailed that guy......................If only I had some friends to see it......................".

You are right. Please don't.

It was in that marvellous thread which was locked, posted by Chiller. The original premise was correct? To quote yourself, down to each "gut-wrenching pro-United" word.

We can all call whoever the villan here. I just think coming out with snide one liners like "funniest thing I've seen in ages" deserves the response it got. Particularly when you decided to follow up this with the hypocritical and oh so ironic "I hate the gut wrenching pro-Liverpool" crap.

If you think United will finish second, well for you, I am in agreement. Put a decent arguement together though instead of kicking off flamewars, before going on to agree somewhat with what the original poster said.

You are a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Very nice of the Original Poster not to include one of our banker 3 pointers :)

The SUnderland game this saturday :)

Sorry bout that dude, a you probably noticed I am prone to typo's and the likes, I have edited to included banker 3 points

fade2black wrote:
    You are a child.
    Says the "man" who wants "to take it to the thunderdome".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Looks like my suspicions have been confirmed. You deserve no respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

01. Chelsea
    02. Man United
    03. Liverpool
    04. Arsenal
    05. Tottenham
    06. Bolton
    07. Blackburn

A couple of points . . .
    • Anyone who thinks that Chelsea can be overturned now is deluded.
    • To topple United, Pool need an almost 100% record and for United to slip up, not gonna happen.
    • Arsenal's run in is that bit easier than Spurs', it should be just enough to get them fourth.
    • I fancy both Blackburn and Bolton to push the Arse all the way for that Champions League spot though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Right getting back to the OP's question. Here are my predictions.
    I'm an Arsenal supporter, but think I was fairly fair in my assessments. The only reason I have Arsenal to finish fourth, is that out of the 4 teams challenging for that 4th place, is that we have probably the easiest run in.

01. Chelsea P30 75 + 17= 92points 1st
    02. Man United P29 63 + 19 from remaining = 82 2nd finish
    03. Liverpool P31 61 + 17 = 78 3rd
    04. Tottenham P30 52 + 13= 65 6th
    05. Arsenal P30 50 + 22 = 72 4th
    06. Blackburn P30 49 +18 = 67 5th
    07. Bolton P28 48 +14 = 62 7th

Chelsea
    Chelsea v Man City h3
    Birmingham v Chelsea a3
    Chelsea v West Ham h3
    Bolton v Chelsea a 3
    Chelsea v Everton h3
    Blackburn v Chelsea d1
    Chelsea v Man Utd d1
    Newcastle v Chelsea h0

Manchester United
    Sat 1/4 15:00 Bolton Wanderers A 1
    Sun 9/4 16:00 Arsenal H 1
    Mon 17/4 12:45 Tottenham A 1
    Sat 29/4 15:00 Chelsea A 1

Liverpool FC

25 Mar, 2006 Everton H 3
    22 Apr, 2006 West Ham United A 1

Spurs
    27th Mar West Brom H 3
    1st Apr Newcastle A 1
    8th Apr Man City H 3
    15th Apr Everton A 1
    17th Apr Man Utd H 1
    22nd Apr Arsenal A 0
    30th Apr Bolton H 1
    7th May West Ham A 3

Arsenal
    25 March Portsmouth A 3
    1 April Aston Villa H 3
    9 Manchester United A 1
    17 Manchester City A 3
    22 Tottenham Hotspur H 3
    1 May Sunderland A 3
    7 Wigan Athletic H 3

Blackburn
    sunderland sat 3
    3rdApril; Wigan H 3
    8th Portsmouth A 3
    16 Liverpool H 1
    19 Birmingham A 3
    22 Chelsea H 1
    29th Charlton A 1
    7thmay Man City H 3

Bolton
    26th march Middlesbor A 3
    1st April Man U H 1
    4th Birmingham A 3
    9th Liverpool A 0
    15th Chelsea H 0
    17th WBA A 3
    22nd Charlton H 3
    29th SPurs A 1
    7th May Birmingham H 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Bolton

Ah no, I am a gut wrenchingly pro-Liverpool fan because I have just assumed that they will finish third. Nice post Meditraitor, can see alot of thought and effort went into it.

Fade - F - Could do better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Roddy23 wrote:
    I'm an Arsenal supporter:

01. Chelsea P30 75 + 17= 92points 1st
    02. Man United P29 63 + 19 from remaining = 82 2nd finish
    03. Liverpool P31 61 + 17 = 78 3rd
    04. Tottenham P30 52 + 13= 65 6th
    05. Arsenal P30 50 + 22 = 72 4th
    06. Blackburn P30 49 +18 = 67 5th
    07. Bolton P28 48 +14 = 62 7th

Spurs
    27th Mar West Brom H 3
    1st Apr Newcastle A 1
    8th Apr Man City H 3
    15th Apr Everton A 1
    17th Apr Man Utd H 1
    22nd Apr Arsenal A 0
    30th Apr Bolton H 1
    7th May West Ham A 3

Arsenal
    25 March Portsmouth A 3
    1 April Aston Villa H 3
    9 Manchester United A 1
    17 Manchester City A 3
    22 Tottenham Hotspur H 3
    1 May Sunderland A 3
    7 Wigan Athletic H 3

I think you are giving Arsenal all the benefits there. It might seem now that Arsenal are in invincible form, but I would be surprised if they went the rest of the season with so many wins. 22 from 24 pts is way more than they have done all season, and last. There could be a loss in there, and another draw or two. Spurs run-in is about the same difficulty. I dont expect them to get as many points as Arsenal but maybe more than 13.

I do think Arsenal will get 4th, but I would be surprised if they end up 7 pts ahead of Spurs.

redspider

ps: Jivin Turkey and fade2black, start the conversation all over again, make your predictions and accept the predictions of others with tolerance. These are only predictions, after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

to "topple" utd. pool need 1 less point than it would take for utd. to topple chelsea (even)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

OK, i'm a ManU fan and to be honest i dont see the top 4 positions changing at all:

1. Chelsea are wobbling at the moment but they wont drop 10 points from 24 when they have only dropped 15 from 90

2. ManU have been very consistent since they got knocked out of europe and the players have responded really well. They do have a tough run in and i can see them dropping points against Spurs, Chelsea and possibly Bolton and/or arsenal.

3. Liverpool are in good form but have dropped some points here and there and it was a big blow to lose to United at OT. The disallowed fowler goal against Charlton is another unlucky decision that springs to mind. In general they dont do enough to win games (Asside from Brum). Having all the ball and one shot on target insnt good enough to win the league. They need a goal scorer as much as United need a midfielder.

4. Spurs i think will hold on to fourth spot. They have a good squad in reserve. They might drop points against Arsenal and ManU but i think it'll be a case of Arsenal dropping more than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6 |
    7 |-hard to predict, could all come down to a penalty dicision or 2.
    8 |

I know United won't win, but i am still going to keep hope. It would be great if they were 3/4/5 points behind going into the Chelsea game, it would be good to watch then:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Bolton

Ah no, I am a gut wrenchingly pro-Liverpool fan because I have just assumed that they will finish third. Nice post Meditraitor, can see alot of thought and effort went into it.

Fade - F - Could do better

I presume you believe that Blackburn are going to disappear into the abyss....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lemlin wrote:
    I presume you believe that Blackburn are going to disappear into the abyss....

How about you contribute something to the forum for a change or get back under your bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How about you contribute something to the forum for a change or get back under your bridge.

Just wondering what your thoughts were. Everyone else, bar Ziggy67, seems to have included Bolton, Blackburn, Spurs and Arsenal as well as the top 3. You left out Blackburn though and I was wondering why.

Incidentally, my top seven is:

Chelsea
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Bolton
    Blackburn

I can only hope Blackburn will finish better than where I've predicted but we've tough games against Chelsea and Liverpool left, and trips to Pompey and Brum, who'll both be fighting for their lives, which are potential slip-ups. I'm a realist and seventh would be a huge improvement on last year and allow Hughes to add to the team again in the Summer. A new left back and central defender would be nice. Not to mention a first-choice right midfielder to stop the merry-go-round in that position at the minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement