Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will finish 2nd,3rd,4th(updated)? and predictions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lemlin wrote:
    Just wondering what your thoughts were. Everyone else, bar Ziggy67, seems to have included Bolton, Blackburn, Spurs and Arsenal as well as the top 3. You left out Blackburn though and I was wondering why.

No you were just trolling. Of the everybody who you maintain has done as you describe in this thread I will provide the following list that shows that you were just following me around having a go. (and being completely wrong once again, this is not an exhaustive list as there are more but I got bored).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    OTliddy wrote:
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6 |
    7 |-hard to predict, could all come down to a penalty dicision or 2.
    8 |

I know United won't win, but i am still going to keep hope. It would be great if they were 3/4/5 points behind going into the Chelsea game, it would be good to watch then:p
    OK, i'm a ManU fan and to be honest i dont see the top 4 positions changing at all:

1. Chelsea are wobbling at the moment but they wont drop 10 points from 24 when they have only dropped 15 from 90

2. ManU have been very consistent since they got knocked out of europe and the players have responded really well. They do have a tough run in and i can see them dropping points against Spurs, Chelsea and possibly Bolton and/or arsenal.

3. Liverpool are in good form but have dropped some points here and there and it was a big blow to lose to United at OT. The disallowed fowler goal against Charlton is another unlucky decision that springs to mind. In general they dont do enough to win games (Asside from Brum). Having all the ball and one shot on target insnt good enough to win the league. They need a goal scorer as much as United need a midfielder.

4. Spurs i think will hold on to fourth spot. They have a good squad in reserve. They might drop points against Arsenal and ManU but i think it'll be a case of Arsenal dropping more than them.
    adox wrote:
    Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool

Thats done and dusted really at this stage.

Tight for 4th spot but I`ll tip Arsenal to sneak it from Spurs,although I`d prefer it the other way around:D

Oh and lol @ OP
    blu_sonic wrote:
    arsenal and man u can't both finish 3rd, i think it might be a typo.

chelsea
    man utd
    liverpool
    arsenal
    andrewie wrote:
    Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    smemon wrote:
    1. Man Utd
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool
    county wrote:
    2nd.man u
    3rd.pool
    4th.gunners

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

As said football is totally unpredictable, I cannot see Chelsea been caught but who knows, we did not expect Pool to pull back 3 goals last May.!!

But I think if you were to take out the unpredictability and based on form I expect

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im gutted that chelsea and pool were draw in the cup.
    i wanted that uefa cup spot to go to the league!

however, i dont think spurs will finish top 4. i think it will be bolton o r arsenal.

i think after that it will be spurs and either bolton or arsenal to fight for 5th and 6th.
    i think blackburn will run it hard, they have been consistant all season, but i can see they have some tough games, and i dont think they have the quality in the squad yet to provide consistancy against the top clubs. unlike bolton who i think do.

but who knows, i could be wrong, chelsea suddenly get deducted 95 points and sunderland remain inthe league :)

chelsea
    man utd
    pool
    arsenal

spurs
    bolton
    blackburn

thats what my head says.

my heart says remove arsenal and put beneath bolton.

chelsea
    man utd
    pool
    spurs

bolton
    arsenal
    blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No you were just trolling. Of the everybody who you maintain has done as you describe in this thread I will provide the following list that shows that you were just following me around having a go. (and being completely wrong once again, this is not an exhaustive list as there are more but I got bored).

Everyone you singled out posted their top four. Blackburn may not have featured in that because those people may well believe like me that Blackburn won't finish in the top four.

I just wondered why you didn't mention Blackburn, no need to lose the head ;)

I wasn't following anyone around either, just making an observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And wrong again - read Otliddy's post...

Now quit yer trolling.

Does being wrong this much not get you down eventually. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

And wrong again - read Otliddy's post...

Now quit yer trolling.

Does being wrong this much not get you down eventually. ;)

No, you're wrong. He said the positions were too hard to predict, nothing wrong with that. He's also numbered 1 to 8 which would leave place for all the teams posters have mentioned in their top 7. That means he has taken Blackburn into account, you have not. I wondered why. Its a simple enough thing to wonder, and isn't trolling. After all, your comments about Blackburn in the past on this board have hardly been favourable.

If I posted :

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. Spurs
    5. Bolton
    6. Blackburn

Would you not wonder why I hadn't included Liverpool?

I'm sure always thinking you're right in your little red bubble often gets to you too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement