Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Putting on new wheels

Options
  • 22-03-2006 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

I just got a new set of alloys from the UK. I'm having awful trouble trying to get them on the car!

The PCD/Offset/Size everything is the same as the old alloys. Except, there seems to be a large gap between the wheel and the connection on the car itself. I don't know if this is due to an old bit of plastic on the connection on the car that maybe was from the old alloys. There is a new round plastic bit that goes into the new alloy wheel which goes between the alloy and the connection on the car, but the gap seems to be very large.

What could be the problem here??

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Post a pic. Sounds very odd.

The new wheel should bolt right up to the hub, assuming it's correct for the car.
    No gaps, and no plastic bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

That plastic bit is a spacer,it should be placed on the centre of the hub to give a snug fit between the wheel and the hub itself.

Is its not fitting snug they gave you the wrong size spacers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Hmmm my Dad has a mondeo with Ford alloys and there is a piece of plastic between each wheel and the alloy....if they're not present, it can mess things up....I'll try get a pic later

Advertisement