Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking a 9800pro?

Options
  • 22-03-2006 6:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok, so i'm getting oblivion today (pc shudders), and i wanna know if i can slightly overclock my 9800pro, without having to add any extra cooling.

i've never really looked into overclocking it before, so i dont know much about it. even if i could make it slightly faster, to help with the graphical marvels of oblivion would be nice.

i run a dell p4 3gig, 1gig ram pc btw...

also, which are better, the omega drivers, or the official catalyst ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Of course you can, providing there is sufficient air flow.Omega drivers tend to be useful as the latest cats are designed for the newer cards and don't really do anything for an older card.
    It's really not going to make much a difference unfortunately.Save those pennies for the newer cards.

Advertisement