Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JDBC problem

Options
  • 22-03-2006 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, I have a GUI. And as a button is pressed I want it to connect to the mysql database and write to it. I have the code to do that in the action performed method. I keep getting errors. The compiler says that there was no suitable driver. But i've tested the driver with test programs running from the same directory and it finds it just fine. Can anybody help me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Make sure the JDBC driver you are using is compatible with the MySQL version. I have seen this happen quite alot with third party apps trying to connect to Oracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Are you setting up the connection and closing the connection all within the action performed method?
    If so, couldn't you set up the connection when starting the app and closing the connection when closing the app? and just write in the action performed method?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lint

it sets up the connection at the start and closes it on exit. Got it working thanks

Advertisement