Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Making a complaint about state of roads

Options
  • 22-03-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

where i live has become a road of muck due to the ammount comming off two building sites near me . the muck goes for about half a mile in both directions of the sites and has made the road very dangerous to drive on imo . thre is also a drop in part of the road and as far as im aware they must have a warning ramp sign for this .

who do i write to complain about this ?

living in offaly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Your local roads dept I guess. If you are in a Urban District Council area you could give them a call.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, I've checked a few biker forums where things like this are a bg problem. If you complain to your local county council or district council, then they'll contact the site and force them to continually clean the roads outside the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

contact a local TD dont forget there is an election next year and im sure the building sites will still be there as a reminder if he/she helped in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

seamus wrote:
    Yeah, I've checked a few biker forums where things like this are a bg problem. If you complain to your local county council or district council, then they'll contact the site and force them to continually clean the roads outside the site.
    they will fine them approx € 800 to 1000 for each day the offence is repeated
    its a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

yup it is the building sites responsibility to clean the roads. They just need some one to tell them to. Local council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

U can contact your local authority/council as well as the gardai. This practise makes the road extremely danagerous for all motorists especially bikers. If i were you I would take pictures everytime the raod is mucky or a passing truck spewing muck from its undercarriage. you can show these to the council or gardai if the builders refuse to comply with their directions

Advertisement