Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you change your religion?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

You can't change what you believe in just because you want to, is what that poster was saying.

Yeah that's it, thanks sometimes I can be very bad at explaining myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i would. COuldnt care less about religion, so wouldnt bother me picking something else one i didnt have to pratice it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Laplandman wrote:
    I can. Like the other day, I was like: "Hmm. That God lark seems a bit out-there, I will believe in it," and so I believed in it.
    Then I said, "No actually, that's silly." And I didn't believe in it anymore.
    Well you've kind of proved my point there. You might well say to yourself "yeah, I believe in God", but seeing as that new belief is a complete fabrication you've invented on a whim, it will last about 2 seconds flat.
    Which it did, in your case. Capiché?

I'm not afraid to say I believe in God.
    It's something you either know yourself or you dont like all beliefs.

Theres nothing wrong or quirky in praying to God if you believe in God.
    I dont think being obsessed with God or religion is healthy just like any obsession is probably unhealthy though.
    That said theres probably an awfull lot worse in terms of obsessions than Religion.It's just that,I'd prefer to be in the company of people with such an obsession infrequently.
    Moderation is good in most things (except the odd time with the drink maybe :D)

Would I change my religion.I dont think I would, though I have to say I have the utmost respect for most reasonable religions and dont subscribe to the view that you're damned if you're in one and not the other.
    Thats just plain silly in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm agnostic, I could never be with someone who was really into any kind of religion
    Why not? (not being smart, genuine question)

Like obviously the whole bible basher, rammin it down your throat thing isnt an option, but what about a person who is deeply religious in their own private way, but still lives the normal everyday life, and respects your beliefs/doesnt expect you to change for him etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

as an agnostic i could be with someone deeply religious, i'm all for people who have a devotion to a belief if it makes them better people, which is the goal of religion to keep its believer on the straight and narrow and to provide solice and guidance. just because i wouldn't believe or take part doesn't mean i wouldn't respect it.

in effect i wouldn't (couldn't) change my beliefs for someone, more importantly i couldn't abide someone who would want to change me in such a drastic fasion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

drdre wrote:
    Nah never ever will i change my religion. im a happy muslim:D

Plus, as a happy muslim, if you converted you would face death. ;)

To all the chicks here who are saying they wouldn't go out with a religious guy: anyone else here think that's total bull****? If the religious guy was good looking, had nice abs and a lot of cash, you would be straight in there! If Brad Pitt asked you if you'd like to go out with him, but he's religious, I'm sure you would say no!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Moved to the religion/spirituality board....as it would seem to make more sense for it to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

my spiritual beliefs have changed quite a bit over the years and might change quite a bit more. Very few people I know are tolerant of these views, the common concencus is that if you're not part of an mainstream religion you're an atheist and going to hell (opinion of catholic church, parents and teachers). Luckily I only have to listen to one of them anymore.

So for me anytime I go out with a catholic theres the religion question. Id be happy enough to go through with a catholic/other religious wedding and to raise any children in accordance with a certain religions teachings but Id not put up with any attempt to conform me to a practicing anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Kernel wrote:
    Plus, as a happy muslim, if you converted you would face death. ;)

From who, Al Quaeda in Cabinteeley?:rolleyes: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im not tied to a religion, tho I suppose my official title would be lapsed catholic. I dont think Id change religion to marry someone else. Although there is the hypothetical situation where you fall for a wonderful person who is balanced, happy, having a wonderful life with religion as a fulfilling part of that... I wonder would you ever look into and maybe take on some of their beliefs because of the beneficial effect they have had on that person?

(Unless they were a scientologist. Who wants to give birth in silence?:D )

Advertisement