Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space-saving options for bathroom door

Options
  • 22-03-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've a small bathroom in my gaff (just a shower, wc & whb - i.e. no bath). It's really no bigger than you'd expect an en suite bathroom to be. The door opens inwards and bangs off heated towel rail - can get stopper to prevent damage to towel rail but it also feels a bit squishy as the door only gets to open 75 (or 80 at best) degrees & door opening isn't the widest either. Am exploring alternatives.
    • Have the door open out onto the landing
    • Have a folding door
    • Have a sliding door

My thoughts on these options are

having the door open out onto the landing would make things a bit squishey out there - especially if someone was trying to come out of either of the two bedrooms as someone was entering/leaving the bathroom.

it might seem a bit weird to have a folding or sliding door for a bathroom that isn't just an en-suite. See attached pic for what I mean by folding door (not squidgy accordian type ones). A sliding door would end up sliding across light switches etc. on landing wall so that's not really an option. If went with folding door option could existing door be sliced down middle and hinges added or is that a barmy idea?

Anyone got any thoughts? Have I covered all options in this post & I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place? Or is there some genius out there who knows exactly what I should do?

Advertisement