Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name this very old Song

Options
  • 22-03-2006 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭

Old Faithful, We'll roam the range together.
    Old Faithful, In any kind of weather.
    When the round up days are over and The Boulevard's white with clover
    For you Old Faithful pal o' mine

Giddy up old fella cos the moon is yellow tonight
    Giddy up old fella cos the moon is yellow and bright
    There's a coyote howling at the moon above
    So carry me back to the one I love
    For you old faithful pal o' mine

Does anyone know the name if this song and who sang it. My Dad's dad used to sing it and he wants to know who it was by. It would have been nearly 60 years ago when my dad heard it sung. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Called "Old Faithful".
    Apparently it's a song linked to Hull City FC Rugby Club...
    Dont know much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Roy Rogers used to sing it to his horse Triger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Leyther_Matt

whiskeyman wrote:
    Called "Old Faithful".
    Apparently it's a song linked to Hull City FC Rugby Club...
    Dont know much else.
    You've got yourself mixed up a little there - Hull City are the soccer club (League One side), Hull FC are the rugby league club (Super League side) that share the KC Stadium with the soccer side.

The lyrics that you posted are actually the lyrics sung by the FC fans and are slightly different to the original - The Boulevard was their old ground before moving to the KC.

Only found this thread while searching on Google whilst trying to find the artist in order to "acquire" the song online! I'm not actually a Hull supporter, but the song is famous throughout rugby league and is well-liked even amongst fans of rival clubs.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

You've got yourself mixed up a little there - Hull City are the soccer club (League One side), Hull FC are the rugby league club (Super League side) that share the KC Stadium with the soccer side.

The lyrics that you posted are actually the lyrics sung by the FC fans and are slightly different to the original - The Boulevard was their old ground before moving to the KC.

Only found this thread while searching on Google whilst trying to find the artist in order to "acquire" the song online! I'm not actually a Hull supporter, but the song is famous throughout rugby league and is well-liked even amongst fans of rival clubs.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Matt. If you have any luck in finding the artist or where to acquire the song could you let me know.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Thanks Matt. If you have any luck in finding the artist or where to acquire the song could you let me know.

Cheers
    If your Dad remembered it, it was probably Edie Arnold, Roy Rogers, or the Sons of the pioneers. :D One of the original versions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭nohshow

Google got me this in about eighteen seconds flat (and Eircom calls it "Broadband" l&lol).

Ole Faithful. Album: Happy Trails: The Roy Rogers Collection 1937-1990 (1999) Artist: Roy Rogers

There seems to be an MP3 addy, probably commercial so I'm not sure if I can post it here. But it seems the "Happy Trails" ('37-'90) CD is also available. "cduniverse.com" says this:
    (Happy Trails: The Roy Rogers Collection 1937- 1990 CD
    Our Price: $46.89)
    Disc 2, Track 8: Ole Faithful - (with Sons Of The Pioneers)

Try HMV!???

Unnecessary PS:

The lyrics came up like this:

Ole Faithful, we've rode the range together
    Ole Faithful, in every kind of weather
    When the roundup days are over
    There'll be pastures white with clover
    For you, Ole Faithful, pal of mine

Hurry up, old fellow
    For the moon is yellow tonight
    Hurry up, old fellow
    For the moon is mellow and bright
    There the coyotes howl at the moon above
    Oh, carry me back to the one I love
    Hurry up, old fellow
    'Cause I got to get home tonight

Ole Faithful, we've rode the range together
    Ole Faithful, in every kind of weather
    When the roundup days are over
    There'll be pastures white with clover
    For you, Ole Faithful, pal of mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hull FC

No its Hull RLFC (more commenly known as FC) who are the Rugby League team who sing it and Hull City AFC are the football team.

The song was adopted by HUll RLFC in the 1930's and since then it is our song. Hull RLFC est.1865.

You don't need to know about the other rugby league club Hull KR for they are Scum :)

Advertisement