Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Richford Motor Company

Options
  • 22-03-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

I passed by this place today and I'm surprised that I've never heard about it before. In the showroom they have a Porsche 911 GT2, Cayman, and an Aston V8 Vantage. Has anyone else heard of these or know how long they've been around?
    http://www.richford.ie
    front1rb.th.jpgrichford911yel8946hs.th.jpgrichfordcaysil8882qh.th.jpgrichfordamvoni9153te.th.jpg
    They have a Gallardo too but it wasn't in the showroom...I'm pretty sure its the same one that Des Cullen has. Anyone know anything about this?
    gallardo4lz.th.jpgdescullengallardo5fr.th.jpg
    http://www.carzone.ie/lamborghini

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i was actually going to put a thread up about them today.its only around a few months.they were 2 young guys who formed it. they ised to work for a well known garage in dublin i think it was a ford garage.they are expanding their business and tring to keep it to the high end market like des cullen.
    some amazing cars at their show room.i love the escalade.

The business name was registered on 14/11/2005, so it is a fairly new company.
    AJ i thin the gallardo is not the same as des cullens one because they both have different spec and also different black colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I just found this place on Carzone, looking at the new Aston, just came on here to do a search. What a collection. I'll defo call in next time i'm in Dublin.

Look at the two lambos closely on carzone, they have the same reg as far as I can see. Why the 40k price difference?

yes i looked at the 2 lambos and the plates look nearly the same but picture is not clear.

the funny thing is that richford had the lambo for sale before and price on website was 199,000 and on carzone it was 230,000 and now des culen are selling it for around 175,000.

but lambos do depricate alot around 50000 sterling in the 1st year.:eek:

but still id prefer it over a ferrari 360 as i love the shape and have alway loved that car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I think one of the lads was involved in Denis Mahony cars before..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

One of the lad used to work for Joe Duffys, I believe his father is quite wealthy and without wishing to suggest that he has used this situation to good effect and not from his own hard work......................I just have !!

And I believe there are still strong Joe Duffy connections !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I wonder if it is carzone.ie or the dealer that is responsible for listing the Gallardo as a 6.0? If it was the dealer it doesn't really inspire much confidence.

Wow I could spend my mortgauge on a house or car that will fall apart within years!

el tel wrote:
    I wonder if it is carzone.ie or the dealer that is responsible for listing the Gallardo as a 6.0? If it was the dealer it doesn't really inspire much confidence.

Yes its only a 5 litre.Someone must of mande a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

el tel wrote:

It is listed as 6.0L on the Richford site aswell.

well then i think they are just taking the pi$$. Or tring to confuse customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

The 2 guys used to work for joe Duffys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

MercMad wrote:

And I believe there are still strong Joe Duffy connections !

your right there ;)

i think they will do alright as theres alot of demand for such cars in ireland nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

drdre wrote:
    the funny thing is that richford had the lambo for sale before and price on website was 199,000 and on carzone it was 230,000 and now des culen are selling it for around 175,000.
    The GT2 that they have is on carzone again, but this time from a private seller in Waterford. He mentions that it is on english plates and is asking for 105,000. Richford dont mention that its english and have it for 145,000. Is that extra 40,000 the VRT on the car?
    richford911yel8940ij.th.jpg3313452005121309125013ya.th.jpg

AJ! wrote:
    The GT2 that they have is on carzone again, but this time from a private seller in Waterford. He mentions that it is on english plates and is asking for 105,000. Richford dont mention that its english and have it for 145,000. Is that extra 40,000 the VRT on the car?
    richford911yel8940ij.th.jpg3313452005121309125013ya.th.jpg

AJ it does look like same as mileage is the same, also it does look like the same car because of the colour. i would really love to find out. someone should ring them and ask them the story on the gallardo and gt2.

also the gt2 has a roll cage in it and most pourshes donot so it would be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

drdre wrote:
    lambos do depricate alot around 50000 sterling in the 1st year.:eek:
    Des Cullen has the 04 Lambo for 189,950 with 3000mi on it. Now compare that with the 05 Ferrari F430 he had a few months ago. He was looking for 299,950! And it had nearly double the mileage!
    If you were looking for an F430 or a Gallardo and you had these two examples to choose from which would you go for? You would take the Gallardo obviously and if you still wanted a Ferrari you could get the F355 Spider he has and still have money left over!
    I don't know what the depreciation is like for the second year on the Gallardo but i'm sure it's not as bad as the first. That Lambo is a steal compared to the the F430.
    http://www.carzone.ie/ferrari

AJ! wrote:
    Des Cullen has the 04 Lambo for 189,950 with 3000mi on it. Now compare that with the 05 Ferrari F430 he had a few months ago. He was looking for 299,950! And it had nearly double the mileage!
    If you were looking for an F430 or a Gallardo and you had these two examples to choose from which would you go for? You would take the Gallardo obviously and if you still wanted a Ferrari you could get the F355 Spider he has and still have money left over!
    I don't know what the depreciation is like for the second year on the Gallardo but i'm sure it's not as bad as the first. That Lambo is a steal compared to the the F430.
    http://www.carzone.ie/ferrari

I do love the f430 but i would choose the gallardo. because 1- its cheap and 2- it looks beautiful and 3- as you said i can get a f355 and still have money left over:D

but i have always loved the gallardo's. but i donot know why theres that much deprication? i have read that its approx 50000 sterling in the 1st year.But i donot know if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes, the gallardo is a regular bargain alright..............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

el tel wrote:

It's the dealer that's responsible for the engine size input.

steve06 wrote:
    It's the dealer that's responsible for the engine size input.

i wouldnot say so as des cullen and richford both have 6.0 litre as the engine size.I think carzone just have the lambo's as a 6.0 litre option and nothing lower.

All the info on them carzone ads is entered by the dealer / seller. See screen grab of my account

carzone9qp.th.jpg

All the info on them carzone ads is entered by the dealer / seller. See screen grab of my account

carzone9qp.th.jpg

So that means des cullen and richford donot have a clue what there talkin about.:D

drdre wrote:
    So that means des cullen and richford donot have a clue what there talkin about.:D

Worrying......

Worrying......

It is i would love to find out whats going on as they have gallardo the same as des cullen, and they have a gt2 or 3 same as one owned by someone in waterford or wexford and the funny thing is its 40000 more on richford website.

if anyone has more info please share it with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

carzone9qp.th.jpg

Dealers don't use this system, they have a different one and Lambos aren't listed because they're so rare, but the Dealers do enter the info themselves.

steve06 wrote:
    Dealers don't use this system, they have a different one and Lambos aren't listed because they're so rare, but the Dealers do enter the info themselves.

its still the same thing we are talking about.that the dealers entered the wrong information.They must of done it on purpose.:rolleyes: Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Had a bit of bother with the hummer and rang richford motors, very nice blokes and very helpful. Must go in and have a look at the motors in there.

• Advertisement

Mickk wrote:
    Had a bit of bother with the hummer and rang richford motors, very nice blokes and very helpful. Must go in and have a look at the motors in there.

Did you get that silver hummer from them?They do look proffesional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement