Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB/Gas/TV bills New tenancy?

Options
  • 22-03-2006 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi, I am about to rent out my house(as I cant afford to live in it:eek: !)and was wondering what the situation would be with electricity/phone/gas/tv. Do I need to transfer these accounts to the new tenants name? Can I get the different providers to start and finish a bill on a certain date? Would I have to pay the setup fees in the case of TV and that?
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't have to transfer them, but it is usually better to do so. You can either ask the utility company to set up a bill to a certain date or take readins yourself.

There shouldn't be any set-up / transfer fees, unless they need to send someone out to change something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Not trying to scare you, but if you availed of any stamp duty exemption buying the house (as a first time buyer, or if the house was new) and it's less than five years since you bought it, you will have to pay the full amount of the exemption as the property is now an investment.

Advertisement