Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

If its not LIVE how come it has it on top of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

*Tripper* wrote:
    If its not LIVE how come it has it on top of the box?

What exactly are you looking for? It's an RPG and it has no multiplayer. Maybe it'll have updates on Live, and it supposedly has those live achievements (unlocking).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

just wondering would oblivion play on this new rig im soon getting

AMD 3700+
    1 gig of crucial ram
    6800xt pciex 256mb

I'm big into rpg games but nvr got into elder scrolls, but i hear this is the bees knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I would assume that with live you'll be able to download mods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

just wondering would oblivion play on this new rig im soon getting

AMD 3700+
    1 gig of crucial ram
    6800xt pciex 256mb

I'm big into rpg games but nvr got into elder scrolls, but i hear this is the bees knees.

yeh you'lll be fine with that spec, im running it on a 6800gs @ 1024x768 with hdr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    yoink i think i'll grab that...cheers for the info. gonna hopefully make myself a fortune in bets...
    no bother i found out more
    the amulet wearer is Dralora Athram and she goes to the arena at the weekend and she lives in northside of the plaza's central rotunda

can any one tell me
    where does the Rindir keep his staffs in his shop in the market district at night
    im looking to steal some

any tips for improving my security skill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The more expensive and desirable items don't show up in the shops, only when you try and buy them.

Check the list top see if there are any trainers for security, but the easiest way is to just keep picking locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea of course it has live tripper. every xbox 360 game does. doesnt mean its multiplayer stuff though. you are online while playing it. there will be downloadable content.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

tip for always winning the bets at the arena
    I found Ulen Athrams house (I assume hes the hubby) in Talos Square central rotunda alright, but after inviting myself in and heading upstairs just after midnight, the only living soul in the house was Ulen - and hes definitly not to be fluffled with as I found to my surprise/horror. Any other details on where his wife sleeps because it doesnt appear to be a happy marraige?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

can any one tell me
    where does the Rindir keep his staffs in his shop in the market district at night
    im looking to steal some

any tips for improving my security skill

Not so much for the skill but it will save you a lot of broken LockPicks
    From Leyawiin leave by the East gate, cross the river and then head N.NE for about 500 feet or so. You will find the Shrine of Nocturnal, perform her quest and you get an unbreakable lockpick (With a huge Security skill modifier).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I made grand champion of the arena - yay me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how do i get the map onscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tab then click on the compass in the bottom right of that menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I made grand champion of the arena - yay me!

Im at Gladiator at the moment... is there many more ranks after that?

Im only level 3 but I seem to waste every opponent with barely a scratch. Is the rest of the game this easy?

Jumpy wrote:
    Is the rest of the game this easy?

no way... some parts in the game are really hard, depends i suppose on the weapons and armour you are wearing. What you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Jumpy wrote:

Im only level 3 but I seem to waste every opponent with barely a scratch. Is the rest of the game this easy?
    After gladiator is hero - then comes champion - then grand champion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Does anyone know how to:
    destroy the machinery surrounding the "hist tree", on one of the final Fighters Guild missions? It's in the basement of the Blackwood company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Been playing this game since yesterday and i must say its good. Only problem is that i don't get much time to play computer's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

JCDenton wrote:
    Does anyone know how to:
    destroy the machinery surrounding the "hist tree", on one of the final Fighters Guild missions? It's in the basement of the Blackwood company.
    there are two lead pipes on the ground just pick them up and press action on the two bits with gears on either side of the tree

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    no way... some parts in the game are really hard, depends i suppose on the weapons and armour you are wearing. What you got?

I was wearing the Heavy Arena stuff. I have a katana from the Blade Headquarters.

Im a level 3 Redguard Spellsword.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Jumpy wrote:

the game uses level scaling so they are never to far ahead or below you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    there are two lead pipes on the ground just pick them up and press action on the two bits with gears on either side of the tree

D'Oh! That's what I was trying to do but my brain was in Half Life 2 mode and I was trying to manually put them in! Thanks!

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    the game uses level scaling so they are never to far ahead or below you.

Fair enough. Still damn easy though, if I push the difficulty slider up do I get skills faster for fighting them?

Sand wrote:
    I found Ulen Athrams house (I assume hes the hubby) in Talos Square central rotunda alright, but after inviting myself in and heading upstairs just after midnight, the only living soul in the house was Ulen - and hes definitly not to be fluffled with as I found to my surprise/horror. Any other details on where his wife sleeps because it doesnt appear to be a happy marraige?
    she may be on the ground floor
    when i killed her,she was hanging around the table, /maybe you should come back another time

also tip for arena[against grand champion]
    do the grand champions quest, once done he cant bear to live any more, easy killing in the arena ,i felt sorry for him,i wanted to beat him fair and square but i love my money too

thanks CreeD for the tip

also lads how do i recharge my weapons without soul charging or mages help or it can it be done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

also lads how do i recharge my weapons without soul charging or mages help or it can it be done
    You can use Varla stones (or is it Vorla stones?), and they will fully recharge all items in your inventory, the downside is their worth 1000 to sell, but its cheaper than paying a mage for it. You also sometimes pick up soul stones with a soul chagre already in them, use them instead, if your in the mages guild theres loads of charged soul stones in the guild halls where you can borrow them.

_CreeD_ wrote:
    Not so much for the skill but it will save you a lot of broken LockPicks
    From Leyawiin leave by the East gate, cross the river and then head N.NE for about 500 feet or so. You will find the Shrine of Nocturnal, perform her quest and you get an unbreakable lockpick (With a huge Security skill modifier).

Cant find this following those directions.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Jumpy - Directions:
    Follow the road leaving the east side of Leyawin (southernmost city) and it crosses the river and turns north (left as you walk from the city). Keep on trucking and it'll be on the right across a stone bridge. If you see an Oblivion gate on the left your practically there.

Pugsley wrote:
    You can use Varla stones .

so thats what they can be used for :rolleyes: i didnt realise that. i had quite a few of them but sold most :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

If anyone wants a really easy way to get 500G, try this:
    Go to the arena before it opens, and the guy wont be standing beside the lockbox. Pick the lock, (its rated as hard, but i got it in 2 lockpicks), youll more than likely get arrested after this but all i had to pay was a 5G fine, took my stuff back out of the evidence box in the jail when noone was lookin, and bingo, 500G's back in my account :D

Advertisement