Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

where can i find those varla stones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Easy money, do the Vampire hunter quest, if you can find it, in the imperial city. You can then sell all Vamp dust back to the hunters for 250g a pop after successful completion. Now that is easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

where can i find those varla stones
    Ayleid temples scattered throught the world.

anybody come across one reasonally

and im having trouble with increasing my magaicka im only 40 magaicka what skill do i need to improve
    im level 12 at the moment

and who sells very hard open scrolls/spells

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

and who sells very hard open scrolls/spells
    I found the lockpick game very easy and hence there is no need for 'open scrolls' or for security skill :)

• Advertisement

pH wrote:
    I found the lockpick game very easy and hence there is no need for 'open scrolls' or for security skill :)
    ya but with the open locks spells, it improves your alteration skill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

i have to say with all the doom and gloom about how you'll need a killer pc to run this game i was quite surprised to find my 9800XT running with pretty much everything on high (except hdr of course) i was planning on getting the 7800GS for this game but havent been able to get the cash together yet but the good aul 9800XT is really doing well and holding me through nicely!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GallicProphet

I just bought Oblivion and on the back it says "will run with 128mb video cards" or something like that,,, well I got a Dell pc with DV051 Mother board and on-board ****ty graphics card, and of course the game wont even LOAD... sorry I am miffed ... so I have to buy a graphics card to play this gane which looks awesone I have to say,.... can anyone advise me PLEASE

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

ANything from an X800 or 6600 up should play this game in some shape or form. 7800+ for the whistles and bells though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Well, onboard graphics are usually pretty brutal. Check out the Graphics board, and post up more detail (there) on your budget so people can advise. Also put up your PCs details there, like what kind of PC it is, what kind of power supply, which slots does it have (an AGP slot or does it have PCI express?).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GallicProphet

this is my system... anyone can give ma a hint on what graph card to get ( compatible ) with this system...

I know it s sh*te i wanted to get a gaming rig but my wife wanted to be all sensible

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:w4kI2HJWGmQJ:www.bananacomputers.com/display_detailed_product.php%3Fmode%3Ddetail%26product_id%3D1497%26PHPSESSID%3D1d7718c7c9de53f4797598d8c0822251+%22dell+dimension+3100%22+%26+%22graphics+card%22+compatibility&hl=en&gl=ie&ct=clnk&cd=23

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

this is my system... anyone can give ma a hint on what graph card to get ( compatible ) with this system...

I know it s sh*te i wanted to get a gaming rig but my wife wanted to be all sensible

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:w4kI2HJWGmQJ:www.bananacomputers.com/display_detailed_product.php%3Fmode%3Ddetail%26product_id%3D1497%26PHPSESSID%3D1d7718c7c9de53f4797598d8c0822251+%22dell+dimension+3100%22+%26+%22graphics+card%22+compatibility&hl=en&gl=ie&ct=clnk&cd=23

as said above x800 or 6800 or above is best, check out the FS section for some deals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

My 6800GTs are on the FS board, nyom nyom.

The onboard gfx btw says 128MB shared, so it's not really 128MB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

You only have 2 pci slots and a pci-e x1 slot.

Gfx cards want a pci-e x16 slot.........

That leaves pci gfx cards which tbh are not worth buying.

In short sorry to piss on your parade: but you will only be playing older games on this rig.

If you spent a tiny bit more and got a pc with a proper pci express gfx card you would be in a better situation: your rig then would have had a x16 cpi-e slot and you could just buy a better gfx card.

We live and learn :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

???? i've only ever found welkynd stones, what do varla stones even look like?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Blowfish wrote:

longer and thinner versions of welkynd stones...

Blowfish wrote:

u find them in most the same places u find welkynd stones

gline wrote:
    u find them in most the same places u find welkynd stones
    youll find one in chorral castle at the great hall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

youll find one in chorral castle at the great hall
    Cheers, did that. I then went on 3 Ayleid dungeon crawls, and came out with 43 welkynd stones, and no varla ones. Ah well, i guess i'll just use the other trick to keep stuff charged
    Azura's star and Umbra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Swarner

Does anyone know will oblivion run on max settings on this rig:

AMD Athalon 2600 1.9GHz
    1 gig RAM
    GeForce 7800 256mb AGP

My proc. is crappy but ive got good RAM and a very good graphics card!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

9410581160.png:D

Swarner wrote:

AMD Athalon 2600 1.9GHz
    1 gig RAM
    GeForce 7800 256mb AGP

who knows, try it
    i doubt it will run with high settings, but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Swarner wrote:

AMD Athalon 2600 1.9GHz
    1 gig RAM
    GeForce 7800 256mb AGP

Have that card my self but its causing problems for me. Any problems for you swarner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

and im having trouble with increasing my magaicka im only 40 magaicka what skill do i need to improve
    im level 12 at the moment

Alchemy, Mysticism or Conjuration. Your magicka=twice your intelligence AFAIR, and your Willpower affects how quickly you recharge your magicka.

Sand wrote:
    Alchemy, Mysticism or Conjuration. Your magicka=twice your intelligence AFAIR, and your Willpower affects how quickly you recharge your magicka.
    cheers

Anyone complete
    the Haunted House quest where you have to travel to the imperial city to persuade Lonergan Benerus (sp?) to help you lift the curse off the house he sold you. I don't get it - I have 100 disposition with him and he just wont come and help me.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Anyone complete
    the Haunted House quest where you have to travel to the imperial city to persuade Lonergan Benerus (sp?) to help you lift the curse off the house he sold you. I don't get it - I have 100 disposition with him and he just wont come and help me.
    Any ideas?
    there is a piece of a dairy and a hand back in the house make sure u picked them both up and then talk to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Lucky owners of ATI X1K series graphics cards can now do AA+HDR in Oblivion thanks to a driver/patch from ATI;
    RELEASE NOTES:

It’s called the “Chuck patch” in honor of our guy that found a way of enabling this functionality. Of course the reason why this is so important is Oblivion is one of the best looking games available in the market. Enabling High Dynamic Range and Anti Aliasing effects make this game look even better. Needless to say only ATI can support that configuration. So the Catalyst team is giving a special present to owners of ATI cards, an image quality experience unrivaled by any other.

This proof of concept driver has something for image quality freaks and performance junkies (and even for both at the same time)

This patch provides

1) HDR effects plus AA at the same time. The visual results are stunning. (To enable, ignore the AA settings in the game and enable it via Catalyst Control Center)

2) Crossfire support for the game via AFR mode. Good performance gains for all crossfire owners.

The location of this beta driver is here

Download link

Even luckier owners of Crossfire setups are now supported as well.

NVIDIA owners cant make use of this or expect a similar patch as GF6/7 do not support the hardware to do AA on floating point based HDR which is what's used in the game.

Some nice screenshots can be found on Rage3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    there is a piece of a dairy and a hand back in the house make sure u picked them both up and then talk to him

Does it start when you give him the cash? or is there another way?
    I need ectoplasm, but I dont have the cash to buy the house

• Advertisement

Ri Nollaig - Feck. Missed those. Cheers.

Advertisement