Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Jumpy wrote:
    Does it start when you give him the cash? or is there another way?
    I need ectoplasm, but I dont have the cash to buy the house
    yeah it only starts when you buy the house, but there are loads of places that have ectoplasm check caves and ruins

no bother ShiverinEskimo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thanks man.

Two more questions if I may.

How do you pickpocket?

How do you get your mercantile up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

i've heard there are people to go to get 'upgrades' for your house, anyone know where the one for this house is?

to pickpocket, all you have to do is to sneak up to the person (undetected obviously) and hit the action key when the centre cursor thing turns to a red hand.

for mercentile just haggle with everyone you meet, the more things you buy at higher prices than normal, the quicker your mercentile will go up. Personally i think its just easier to get trained in it.

Jumpy wrote:
    Thanks man.

Two more questions if I may.

How do you pickpocket?

How do you get your mercantile up?

just crouch behind the person and the little red hand will come up, but if the eye thingy is bright someone knows you are there and will shout out to the gaurds if you try anything. once your sneak is high enough this gets easier and easier.

you can increase you mercantile by just buying from loads of shops or find a trainer (i found one before but cant remember where :p )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't know what specs oblivion needs yet so I shall ask will it work on my laptop here and if it does, how well. :)

pentium M 760(2MB L2 cache,2.0 GHz, 533 Mhz FSB)

ATI MOBILITY RADEON x600 PCI Express/128MB VRAM

1GB DDR

Also quick question, what is better ati mobility x600 or 9800(gt or xt or something).
    And which is better, Pentium 4 3.0 ghz or my processor.
    See which comp I should run it on. (:
    Maybe I should take this to computers :P

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    just crouch behind the person and the little red hand will come up, but if the eye thingy is bright someone knows you are there and will shout out to the gaurds if you try anything. once your sneak is high enough this gets easier and easier.

you can increase you mercantile by just buying from loads of shops or find a trainer (i found one before but cant remember where :p )

So if you buy 1 arrow 100 times, would it put it up faster than buying 100 arrows?

I don't know what specs oblivion needs yet so I shall ask will it work on my laptop here and if it does, how well. :)

1GB DDR

Also quick question, what is better ati mobility x600 or 9800(gt or xt or something).

Thanks.
    i'm running it on a pentium m 2.26 GHz and its perfect, zero slowdown for loading, although i have 2gb ddr2 ram.

Jumpy wrote:
    So if you buy 1 arrow 100 times, would it put it up faster than buying 100 arrows?

dont have a clue, lol, you could try it and see how it works :rolleyes: but just finding a trainer is the easist way to increase that skill

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jumpy wrote:
    Well im morrowind, yes, as long as you barter and get a good price. It's the number of transactions.

• Advertisement

just wondering, does anybody know how much damage hand-to-hand actually does? When i get bored i sometimes just run around punching random ppl.:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Blowfish its like anything else the more you use it the better it will get. Not sure if it will ever do as much or more damage than if you used swordplay or arrows.

sorry should have said, i was curious about the MAX damage you can do i.e. hand to hand=100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

About vampirism
    i need 5 grand soul gems, "empty" ones to start the cure quest, i have 5 already, but she wont accept them? how do I empty them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You can't. To my knowledge anyway. They're not reuseable devices, once off only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

About vampirism
    i need 5 grand soul gems, "empty" ones to start the cure quest, i have 5 already, but she wont accept them? how do I empty them?
    They are not the only ingredients you will need. I joined the mages guild and picked the display cases in every guild in major cities/ towns for them soul gems. Its a bit crazy that most of us ended up turning vamp. Does anyone know if you get permanently cured? Thats what i heard anyways.

Zillah wrote:
    You can't. To my knowledge anyway. They're not reuseable devices, once off only.

were the fcuk do i get empty ones then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

My immediate reaction is "Just raid a Telvanni stronghold!" but that doesn't work anymore...

I suppose steal from the mage's guild as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

1GB DDR

Thanks.

id say x600 will struggle, might be better with the 9800, you'd really need to test it though

I'd say the pentium M chip you have would be far better then the P4 though

Right - I'm gettin annoyed with my cash flow. I can only carry 350 in weight and so when I go dungeon raiding I can carry fook all and when I go stealing stuff I have to leave all my armour somewhere safe and run round robbing people's houses in the nip - which takes ages.

So I ask ye - how on earth do you lot earn decent cash??? I hear of people with 30k+ without difficulty. I've completed the arena and still despite fighting once a week am always broke (just like real life).

So has anyone any specific advice on makin some green in this game?

• Advertisement

What kind of preformance could I expect from this computer?

Athlon 64 3200+(2Ghz) processor 128 L1 cache, 512 L2 cache - (400Mhz)

1.25GB of RAM

geoforce 7300GS 256MB gfx card.

Right - I'm gettin annoyed with my cash flow. I can only carry 350 in weight and so when I go dungeon raiding I can carry fook all and when I go stealing stuff I have to leave all my armour somewhere safe and run round robbing people's houses in the nip - which takes ages.

So I ask ye - how on earth do you lot earn decent cash??? I hear of people with 30k+ without difficulty. I've completed the arena and still despite fighting once a week am always broke (just like real life).

So has anyone any specific advice on makin some green in this game?

buy a house and use that for storage.

What lvl are you???

I find getting glass and daedric armour and selling it are the best and some quests give you some lovely cash

What kind of preformance could I expect from this computer?

Athlon 64 3200+(2Ghz) processor 128 L1 cache, 512 L2 cache - (400Mhz)

1.25GB of RAM

geoforce 7300GS 256MB gfx card.

its gonna slaughter the 7300gs

id say you might get medium to low graphic setting

gline wrote:
    buy a house and use that for storage.

What lvl are you???

I find getting glass and daedric armour and selling it are the best and some quests give you some lovely cash

Level 16 Mage/Warrior/Theif type mongrel.

I got that haunted house so I use that to store me gear. But it means clearing out a dungeon of purps, gathering stuff and putting it containers so it's still there later, going to my house, dumping my gear, returning to the dungeon, gathering their stuff, travelling to a merchant, selling the stuff, travelling to me house to get my gear again and then going on. Is this the only way of making decent cash? If I could carry more I'd be laughing but I chose heavy armour as one of my majors so I kinda have to use that to stay alive but it means I can pick up one weapon before I'm over-encumbered.

Hatefully frustrating. :(

Level 16 Mage/Warrior/Theif type mongrel.

I got that haunted house so I use that to store me gear. But it means clearing out a dungeon of purps, gathering stuff and putting it containers so it's still there later, going to my house, dumping my gear, returning to the dungeon, gathering their stuff, travelling to a merchant, selling the stuff, travelling to me house to get my gear again and then going on. Is this the only way of making decent cash? If I could carry more I'd be laughing but I chose heavy armour as one of my majors so I kinda have to use that to stay alive but it means I can pick up one weapon before I'm over-encumbered.

Hatefully frustrating. :(

whats ur strength ?? have you got feather spell?

I have feather boots that give me an extra 35 - haven't got the feather spell cos I didn't think they would help much having a time limit etc.
    Perhaps more research into making myself lighter is in order. I'm just trying to earn enought to train myself up as quick as poss in heavy armour so it weighs half/nothing - but its pain staking trying to get the cash together.

Anyways - seems there is no secret money tree - just hard work required. Cheers folks.

I have feather boots that give me an extra 35 - haven't got the feather spell cos I didn't think they would help much having a time limit etc. Perhaps more research into making myself lighter is in order. I'm just trying to earn enought to train myself up as quick as poss in heavy armour so it weighs half/nothing - buit its pain staking trying to get the cash together.

Anyways - seems there is no secret money tree - just hard work required. Cheers folks.

yeh get to 100 strength and 100 heavy armour, i reached it yesterday ;) , have over 600 strength now, thne you can carry loads

btw how do you write spoilers in here? what is the formatting?

spoiler /spoiler in [ ]'s

gline wrote:
    its gonna slaughter the 7300gs

id say you might get medium to low graphic setting

What card would you recommend on a budget then? the 7300 is around €100, I could stretch to €150, but that's about it.

• Advertisement

What card would you recommend on a budget then? the 7300 is around €100, I could stretch to €150, but that's about it.

id say 6800 or x800 series
    if u can stretch to near enough to €200, im selling this baby
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054915366
    brand new ;)

Advertisement