Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I could stretch to €150, but that's about it.
    you might pick up a second hand 6800gt, thats what im using and it plays it perfertly almost all settings on high. 1280*1024 no aa af.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok I cant pray at altars in the chapels. its says repent your sins or somethin similar. is there a way to do it?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

If you have a bounty on your head you can't use chapels. Also, look at your reputation. I'm not sure but I think if your infamy exceeds your fame, you can't get healed.

Do some "good" quests and it should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

when im playing people in the game seem to have a purple mist all around them does anyone know what it is? or how to get rid of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

when im playing people in the game seem to have a purple mist all around them does anyone know what it is? or how to get rid of it?
    Yeah thats the detect life spell, you probably have some armour or something that has it as a constant effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Right - I'm gettin annoyed with my cash flow. I can only carry 350 in weight and so when I go dungeon raiding I can carry fook all and when I go stealing stuff I have to leave all my armour somewhere safe and run round robbing people's houses in the nip - which takes ages.

So I ask ye - how on earth do you lot earn decent cash??? I hear of people with 30k+ without difficulty. I've completed the arena and still despite fighting once a week am always broke (just like real life).

So has anyone any specific advice on makin some green in this game?

I was doing the same thing well i was storing all my stuff in some press. Had lots and lots of good stuff and you know what happened ??? . One time i came back and it was all gone :(. So now im saving up to buy me a house.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

BadCharlie wrote:
    I was doing the same thing well i was storing all my stuff in some press. Had lots and lots of good stuff and you know what happened ??? . One time i came back and it was all gone :(. So now im saving up to buy me a house.
    Just noticed that - can't belive it - I had some class armour and my feather boots stored in a press in the arena because they gave me the Suit of Valour and now they're gone. I'm absolutely gutted. Hateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Moronically enough, the floor is the safest place for anything you want to store. Leave it in a storage object like a chest or barrel and it'll be replaced by some apples and a tomatoe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Funnily enough I used the floor of the bloodworks as my storage and I havent missed anything

i used the dark brotherhoood sanctuary as my storage place. just used one of the chests. no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The floor is indeed safer than a chest. The NPCs in for instance the mage guild will empty chests from time to time and supposedly sell the contents to vendors. Either get a house (some are pretty cheap like the Waterfront shack), or dump it in a corner of a particular store/guild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I second what koneko said, get a house ye lazy bums!
    *shakes fist*

Anyhow, I have noticed that if you "accidently" break into a hotel room or something along those lines, and dump stuff in a chest in there then it stays. Course I've just bought a house so I needn't worry about these things. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Right, I've been playing this for 10hrs and am only lvl 3. WTF!!!!!!:eek:

Anyway, does anybody know how to increase your alteration skill? I have a number of spells that require a lvl of 25 but am nowhere near that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Vyse wrote:

Anyway, does anybody know how to increase your alteration skill? I have a number of spells that require a lvl of 25 but am nowhere near that:(

u need to get a lower level alteration spell and keep casting it

otherwise pay for training at a mages guild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭garrethg

Vyse wrote:
    Buy the spell "protect" and cast it repeatedly on yourself, you'll hit 25 skill points in no time. I think the spell is available from the "cheap" spells shop in the Imperial City merchant's district, if not you're in for a hike around the Mage Guilds...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

open very easy lock may als help the alteration

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

Vyse wrote:

Sure alteration can be a problem, destruction however now thats a pain in the backside! all the spell have to strike a target before it goes towards levelling up, unlike Morrowind (themz were the days where i was a permanent fireworks machine.) Its been suggested that I could summon creatures to assault alrite and that seems to work but it's a savage drain on the ould magika, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Vegeta wrote:
    open very easy lock may als help the alteration

actually come to think of it my trick was stand infront of a hard lock and continually cast open easy lock with a few velkynd stones to recharge your magika and watch that alteration fly up, i got like 10 levels in 2-3minutes, took a LOT of magika though

gline wrote:
    actually come to think of it my trick was stand infront of a hard lock and continually cast open easy lock with a few velkynd stones to recharge your magika and watch that alteration fly up, i got like 10 levels in 2-3minutes, took a LOT of magika though

Yeah my friend is a mage and his alteration was going up like 3 levels per magika bar, its the way to go. Just keep resting for an hour every time magika gets low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

koneko wrote:
    The floor is indeed safer than a chest.
    if there are NPC's wondering about and if they get into a fight and IF they are unarmed they will actually pick up one of your shiney weapons and fight :D thats alot of if's i know but it actually happened to me :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where can I go to sell my items that are worth more than 1200G?

What fence do I use after I've finished the thieves guilds missions? None show up on my map.

Ciaran500 wrote:

What fence do I use after I've finished the thieves guilds missions? None show up on my map.

Use any of the fences that you used previously, you should know where their houses are and their names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kobevader

Inisin wrote:
    Fighters and mages guilds :) Great places to start to get you out and about. Later you might try the Arena or even go straight for the Imperial Legion :) I want to try for Supreme Commander of the Legion. Or just towns in general, meet people, talk, etc.

For imediate action there's a cave to your right as you exit the sewears full of imps, on the lower levels you'll find ruins you can poke around in or there's the temple ruins straight infront of you... It seems to go down fairly far once you find the hidden passage ways. I got my non-rusty set of Iron armour down there, boots of iron stompyness. :) thump-thump-thump. Stealth doesn't work too well for me :D
    I don't know one of the first things i did was to join the dark brotherhood, its the greatest!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

Kobevader wrote:
    I don't know one of the first things i did was to join the dark brotherhood, its the greatest!

Yeah I' ve seen the lads play Dark Brotherhood and they are savage if you have no morals (which happily I don't) but due to the whole "levelled loot" thing i'm trying to save them for as long as possibe. Found their base by accident, that experience made me want to join them even more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah I' ve seen the lads play Dark Brotherhood and they are savage if you have no morals (which happily I don't) but due to the whole "levelled loot" thing i'm trying to save them for as long as possibe. Found their base by accident, that experience made me want to join them even more!!!

Oh wow that door must be so scary if you don't know what it is...
    I second what koneko said, get a house ye lazy bums!

Pff, im the head of the Dark Brotherhood, I live with the family in the sactuary. Praise Sithis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If you want a safe place to store gear, Tandem's Guild Storage 1.2 mod promises just that. Special chests at each guild house to stash gear.

Havent tried it yet, will do now.

Ciaran500 wrote:

one is in the castle in anvil. in the smithys room. one is in Bruma in olavs tap and shack. and then there is one in bravil I think. have a look through your completed quests section to see their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thanks, I fenced about 2000G to the first guy so whenever I got a new fence I didn't have to use them, so didn't get to know them :/.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I think I somehow have shafted my main quest.
    I seem to have lost my Commentaries vol 3 sometime in the last 30 hours of gameplay and haven't a notion where it might be. Even if I could remember where I left it its likely gone.

Now I can't give the woman in the mages guild the two books so she can tell me the next location I need..
    I think I'm going to cry.

edit - added spoiler tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

spoilers please

Advertisement