Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

musician wrote:
    Just info. that can get you banned though. I would edit that. So we know they'll have it in stock today (saw them unpacking it in square) surely someone knows of shops that usually put it out when they get it regardless of release date?

Well you DID quote it......*looks at the ceiling and whistles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Vegeta wrote:
    This game is going to be huge, does anyone think it will need its own forum, if so how do i go about starting one and being the mod of it

Good idea! Hopefully some Mod will see this and get onto you. You could always PM a Mod as well I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭garrethg

chamlis wrote:
    geforceFX 5900XT
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but the FX series is having serious problems with Oblivion. You may want to check out the offical forums (the search function is currently disabled and the forum server is on the verge of collapsing) as some FX users have posted helpful info on how to get the game running at a playable FPS.

Hardwarewise it’s Morrowind all over again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Vegeta: If you want to suggest a forum, post a request in 'forums' under the system dropdown. Note that by putting yourself forward as mod, you've pretty much ruled yourself out from being appointed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Vegeta: If you want to suggest a forum, post a request in 'forums' under the system dropdown. Note that by putting yourself forward as mod, you've pretty much ruled yourself out from being appointed one.

I'll give it a shot NekkidB, to be honest i don't care at all if i'm not the mod, i jus put myself forward incase everyone else says they don't want to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Vegeta wrote:
    I'll give it a shot NekkidB, to be honest i don't care at all if i'm not the mod, i jus put myself forward incase everyone else says they don't want to do it
    There's never any shortage of people offerring themselves up to be mods.

People are power-hungry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

chamlis wrote:
    Well you DID quote it......*looks at the ceiling and whistles*

Yep silly old me, a mod an all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

There's a few weird RAI things in the game, funny stuff. Like one guy came accross two imperial guards tradeing arrows with each other. When one died the other just went off and started hunting deer.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=283084

There's a few mods out of it already, like the Dremora one which you can dl here

I didn't realise it but you get a horse really early one, time to ride down some peasants I think!

garrethg wrote:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but the FX series is having serious problems with Oblivion. You may want to check out the offical forums (the search function is currently disabled and the forum server is on the verge of collapsing) as some FX users have posted helpful info on how to get the game running at a playable FPS.

Hardwarewise it’s Morrowind all over again :eek:

Hmmmm it's a bit worrying alright. i mean I was prepared to be playing with all on low. As long as I can do that I don't mind. But if I have to actually buy a new graphiccs card.......

A new graphics card for me would be a waste of time anyway. I'd have to fork out for a new mother board, processor and PCI express card.

Got my eye on a Fatal1ty with an athlon64 3700 and maybe an X850 GT or something. Good old Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ok all I put a post on the request a forum page anyway requesting an Oblivion forum in the games section so lets see how it goes

If ya want go on there and post showin your support it might help our cause!! :D:):D

• Advertisement

musician wrote:
    Yep silly old me, a mod an all.

Well ta for the heads up anyway. Wouldn't want to get banned for something stupid... -_-;

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Does Oblivion deal with the problem in the first game where u get a great bit of loot you want to sell and no merchant has more than 10 gold pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Stupid me had to order it through cdwow and there's no budge as of yet.
    Does Oblivion deal with the problem in the first game where u get a great bit of loot you want to sell and no merchant has more than 10 gold pieces.

I believe most loot has sensible values and you will be able to sell most weapons and armour fairly handily and I heard legendary items and artifacts can't be sold at all. And "clutter" such as plates, forks, knives, jugs etc. have no value at all which saves you from amassing tons of the junk.

And if you were referring to Morrowind as the "first game" you should be ashamed, you're forgetting Daggerfall and Arena too.

Edit: Although morrowind was the first on a console.

And an oblivion forum would be a great way to let people know about any mods people are working on and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

What do the people that haved played it think of the interface? It seems to be taking a bit of a beating on TES forums. Im going in at 9 tomorrow to get it.... Can't wait :mad:

An Oblivion forum would be good or even an Elder Scrolls one...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Thats when its time to take a trip to the talking crab. The very rich talking crab.

(Talking about "the first game" to avoid confusion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

When you join the thieves guild you can access there fence :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Anyone any ideas on high street price?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I asked a guy in Xtra Game today how much and I had the display box of the Collectors edition for PC in my hands and he said €45. I assume he was thinking of the non-collectors edition so my guess would be €50 for the collectors edition. This is bound to be cheaper than Game for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

well, i got it today. i have a athlon xp 3000, 1G ram and a crappy ol' radeon 9600xt.......

and it looks un-freaking-believable.

best game ive played in years, just for the randomness of the stuff that happens.

the quests are very in depth too, you could be doing one for days..

once again, un-freaking-believable..

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

well, i got it today. i have a athlon xp 3000, 1G ram and a crappy ol' radeon 9600xt.......

best game ive played in years, just for the randomness of the stuff that happens.

the quests are very in depth too, you could be doing one for days..

once again, un-freaking-believable..

And what is the framerate like? How would a Radeon x700 handle it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i'd say i'm getting around 20fps average. since its a slow moving game you dont notice it much. an x700 would run it without a problem, just once you have at least 1g ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Vegeta wrote:
    Zillah you're a fan of the elder scrolls, nice, love those games. What kinda characters are you guys going to go for.

Personally stealthy bow wielding lunatic who is also handy with a blade and a few spells, not big into heavy armour though so might go for lighter armour

Gigantic armoured terrors who gather souls and financial empires while laying waste to all before them.

Last time in morrowind, after I had exhausted gamplay with my level a billion "soulcollector" (hehe) I decided to lay waste to the entire continent. So, off to the buckmoth fort, leap over the walls in a single bound and kill everyone inside. One bastion of humanity dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I am going to get this but hope it's not to complex for me, I bought Never Winter Nights b4 and that was too complicated for me, I heard this is not quite as complex as normal games of this genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Anarchist wrote:
    I am going to get this but hope it's not to complex for me, I bought Never Winter Nights b4 and that was too complicated for me, I heard this is not quite as complex as normal games of this genre.
    This is my first big RPG and I had no problems getting to grips with it. Everything is explained well and spaced out so you don't get swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone know how it compares visually over the xbox 360 version?

musician wrote:
    I asked a guy in Xtra Game today how much and I had the display box of the Collectors edition for PC in my hands and he said €45. I assume he was thinking of the non-collectors edition so my guess would be €50 for the collectors edition. This is bound to be cheaper than Game for example.

Well the guy in XtraGame/Vision was not wrong. They are selling the Collectors edition for €45 and the ordinary version for €40. XBox seemed to be €63 for the ordinary and I would assume then that the Collectors version would be around the €70 mark. Ah great to be a PC man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

quarryman wrote:
    anyone know how it compares visually over the xbox 360 version?

Basically identical. The 360 does both HDR and FSAA, whereas the PC version can only do one or the other depending what options you choose, but you wouldn't notice much difference while playing. The PC has shorter load times.

I'm getting the 360 version because it's couch compatible though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

this is sweet because i have been looking forward to this and i was hoping my 9800XT would be able to handle it!! if the 9600XT can it looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭garrethg

The countdown begins...

Only 5 hours until I finally grasp a copy of Oblivion in my sticky little paws.

Only 7 hours until I arrive home and proceed to install it.

Only 7 hours and 10 minutes until I encounter my first game crashing bug.

Only 10 hours until I'm ultimately lying in an alcohol and despair induced stupor bitterly cursing Bethesda and the world that birthed me.

PC gaming :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

garrethg wrote:
    The countdown begins...

Only 5 hours until I finally grasp a copy of Oblivion in my sticky little paws.

Only 7 hours until I arrive home and proceed to install it.

Only 7 hours and 10 minutes until I encounter my first game crashing bug.

Only 10 hours until I'm ultimately lying in an alcohol and despair induced stupor bitterly cursing Bethesda and the world that birthed me.

PC gaming :cool:

Wow thats what im doing.

kdjac

Advertisement