Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

got it yesterday collectors edition in game for 50eur! thought they made a mistake :D been able to play on full settings no aa 1280*1024 perfertly, the citys just look amazing. I have been playing as a galadatior :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

bus77 wrote:
    Heh I held out for ages but I'm doing a crash cheapo upgrade just for this.

P4 2.4 ->(I'll go to 3.06 when they get cheap on ebay)
    256mb ram ->(bah, I'll through in another 256 and see what happens)
    Radeon 9000 pro ->(off to komplette for a GeForce 6600, can't go wrong with €116.00)
    Win98SE -> (have a Win2000 disc here but I hope it's not Sweedish)

See lads, all this frettin over the top gear, watch and learn.;)
    Keep me posted on that..please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

musician wrote:
    Just finished my first wander in the world of oblivion. I will never understand why someone wants to sit on a couch and play any game let alone this. You can keep your consoles, I want to be in this games face, totally immersed. Anyway looks great on my PC with my X800 and loading times are non-existant. Seriously no pause whatsoever. I see the message on screen and thats it. Then again 2 SATA HDs on RAID 0 might help :)
    So far so good. Being relatively drunk helps. Tomorrow will be a more sober look, literally.
    LOL identical story and rig
    hehe

Also as he said the loading times are zilch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Got my copy of the collectors edition in Gamestop for 49.99 then just saw it today in Extravision for 45 ...oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Class: Custom = Bad Ass

Mix of warrior and assasin with some theivery thrown in for some good measure, only posting now as its crashed AGAIN!!!!!

Just keeps freezing for no reason, i have learned not to use f1 to f4 as it crashes the game, dont try save normally as it crashes the game, only use F5 quick save.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Optikus wrote:
    Got my copy of the collectors edition in Gamestop for 49.99 then just saw it today in Extravision for 45 ...oh well.
    Same thing happened to me :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade after all. Everything on sh*t quality, 800 * 600. Draw distance is, like, 6 feet! You could be in a room with 4 guys and only see 2 of them etc.

So as I have to upgrade anyway, I've decided to over clock the sh*t out of my graphics card! Should be fun. XFX FX 5900XT.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

chamlis wrote:
    Same thing happened to me :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade after all. Everything on sh*t quality, 800 * 600. Draw distance is, like, 6 feet! You could be in a room with 4 guys and only see 2 of them etc.

So as I have to upgrade anyway, I've decided to over clock the sh*t out of my graphics card! Should be fun. XFX FX 5900XT.:D

ppfft, 360 ftw, **** upgrading everytime a decent game comes out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I haven't upgraded dude. This is the first game that demands an upgrade on my part. I'm not an upgrade whore like other people are. I don't even NEED to upgrade; it's perfectly playable. Just no where near the vision the designers meant for it. I just want to experience the full potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

bus77 wrote:
    256mb ram ->(bah, I'll through in another 256 and see what happens)

Try your best to get up to 1Gig, it will make a big difference (and pushing to 1.5 would be optimal probably but let's not go there!) Ram is cheap enough so it should not cost you too much more to buy at least a 512 stick (and make sure you have the slots spare).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i've been playing it for a few days now, and its brilliant stuff. even managed to get my rpg hating friend hooked. i'm playing a, mainly, warrior, with some bow and destruction skills thrown in. finally got some sweet ass weapons and shields (deaderic longsword and sheild which look ****in mad).

i've only done the main quest a bit, with some fighters and mages guild missions. also did some exploring. i'm delighted that the enemies in caves/ruins/dungeons etc...respawn after a while...means i can go back and get better gear.

oh also, being a vampire kicks ass :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Where you get cool sword? I have a gay one atm need a better on for my warrior.

kdjac

i got the swords (three enchanted deadric ones :D ) from a trip to oblivion. went through a gate and killed a few deadric. only ever got 1 or 2 deadric till i got to lvl11+ (currently lvl14) but now they are all over oblivion. some cool fights in there (p.s if you join the mages guild, make sure you get a frost staff...damn useful through the gates).

also got some sweet bows from the barren cave, outside chend**** (cant remember how to spell it). full of vampires (who infected me)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im a redguard level 2

but i really want to get into magic any tips?

my strenght is around 53
    intelligence is 37
    willpower 35
    agility 45
    speed 45
    endurance 50
    personality 33
    luck 50

what should i improve

the stage im at is, just after the first oblivion gate

i would like illusion and destruction and conjuration etc
    and good tips to make alot of money

Kiith how thet hell are you level 14
    the game is only out friday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Do they still have soul collecting? Are they still as valuable as ever? That was my favourite part of the game.

Kiith how thet hell are you level 14
    the game is only out friday

well, the game was officially out on monday, so you just had to know where to get it :D

as for magic, i'm geting into destruction a bit, but as a mostly fighter character, i haven't got much mana to cast spells. its a nice addition to my combat skill though. also, as a vampire, you can get a +20 boost to most stats (i.e. strength, acrobatics, speed, destruction etc...)

i'd also recommend the dark brotherhood quests for any thief/assasin characters. they sound brilliant (my friend is doing them all).
    Zillah wrote:
    Do they still have soul collecting? Are they still as valuable as ever? That was my favourite part of the game.

yes, soul collecting is still in it. i only recently got the spell, and i dont have the requirements to cast it atm (conjuration i think), but i'm working on that. enchanting can only be done as a member of the mages guild though, in the arcane university.

another question

those soul gems how do i power them up
    i think i need soul magic and how do i get this?

another question

those soul gems how do i power them up
    i think i need soul magic and how do i get this?

you need the 'trap soul' spell, gotten from a few mages in the mages guild. you just cast it on a monster, then kill it before the effect runs out...at least thats what i think it is.

im a redguard level 2

but i really want to get into magic any tips?

my strenght is around 53
    intelligence is 37
    willpower 35
    agility 45
    speed 45
    endurance 50
    personality 33
    luck 50

what should i improve to get into illusion and destruction and conjuration etc

and good tips to make alot of money
    ? any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

kiith wrote:
    its a nice addition to my combat skill though. also, as a vampire, you can get a +20 boost to most stats (i.e. strength, acrobatics, speed, destruction etc...)

Hey hey hey ease up on the spoiler-like bits!

Headshot, I found in morrowind that capturing and selling souls was by far the most lucrative way of making vast amoutns of money. At least until you were gathering small armories of daedric weapons...

(On another note entirely, I should have oblivion within moments!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Moments!

Yay!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Kiith wrote:
    oh also, being a vampire kicks ass :D

How d'you get to be a vampire?
    Sounds cool..

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

what systems are ye running it on i want to upgrade my card for this awsome game i currently have an ati x600 card almost everything is set low.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Yet to get Oblivion.

Vampirism ruined Morrowind for me. Couldn't stand being a non-vampire after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MuffinMonster

? any ideas

You can get about 6000gold by fighting at the arena.

Got it on the 360 today. Holding off on playing it till tomorrow.

That is just sick!

Play it now!

NOW!

I wouldto but I have to go out in a while. Plus I know what will happen when I do start playing, I'll do nothing for days on end except sleep, eat and play it. I could'nt have got fired at a better time.

Just like when I got the previous game two weeks before my Leaving Cert. Myself and 4 friends all got it at the same time and instead of studying we did nothing but play the bloody game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd just closed the first Oblivion Gate(at least I think I had, without giving away spoilers I'd gotten to a hard to get thing and activated it, which triggered lots of fancy effects and a load screen) and then the game hung on the loading screen!

So much for hassle free console gaming *sigh* I don't know when it last autosaved, I'm just going to calm down for a bit before I go back to it.

That is such a sickener.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

God I regret ordering it off play.com.

I'll be waiting well into next week before I get my Mits on it. :(

Advertisement