Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Unless there was an earthquake I didn't notice, the box hasn't been moved. There's no cables coming from the front of it so no reason to touch the box or move it.

The game was probably scratched before I ever inserted it anyway, it's just in one place and not in a circle like it would be if it happened while the disc was spinning.

And having gotten a lend of the PC version to see how it runs on my PC in glorious 640 X 480, I'm very glad to have an xbox 360 :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Quickest way I got a horse legally was
    when I first visited Jaffre he offers assitance. Asking about this he also mentions that the other brothers will help in any way they can. One of these brothers gives you his horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Right, I've decided to go back, and start again. Only played about 2 hours or so, and pretty much just arsing about having a look around the place.
    So I'm going to go back and start off with a custom class (assassin with some thief things and some mad sword skillz) and actually play the game.
    I never played Morrowind properly, so I'm determined to do this one justice.

No one's answered my question yet though..how do you become a vampire? Get bitten by one or something?

Vampiric assassin/thief sounds quite appealing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MuffinMonster

is the arena hard

also im having trouble with lock picking how do you do it
    i usually just use the auto attempt

The arena isn't hard if you're good with a blade and block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

How do you buy houses? Not like I could afford one right now anyway, but is there a magistrate or something? Or do you just take them over like in morrowind?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

For anyone with a system not up to Oblivion or wanting to go back in time or have finished Oblivion and want more -

Morrowind for a Fiver

Jesus Christ your a life saver. I have been having a mental breakdown because my install disc of my morrowind broke and I have allready bought ut three times but at that price feck it! Put that in the basket with Oblivion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Where Can I Buy Lockpicks People?!!
    if u join the thef guild the guy on the waterfront can sell u them
    the amount of stuff to do in this game is just amazing! i was playing all weekend and im still only on about the 2-3 mission for the main quest. im a level 10 arobat/thef/assassin :D
    also easy enough way to become a vampire:
    kill anyone in their home asleep then join the dark brotherhood, the guy who gaves u your first missions is a vampire and once u have completed his missions he can make u one too if u ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

steviec wrote:
    *cries*

My xbox has started informing me that the disc is scratched and throwing me out to the dashboard at regular intervals. I can see the scratch too, its not just dirt. I'll be off to Gamestop tomorrow.

Was really enjoying the game too!
    For your own sake I'd actually take a digital picture of your Xbox telling you the 360 is scratched, from my experiences with Gamestop, they seem absolutely adamant that, firstly, it's acceptable to sell you a scratched disc in the first place and secondly that scratched discs have no impact on being able to play the game, this coming from a manager of one particular Gamestop in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The arena isn't hard if you're good with a blade and block.
    thanks Muffinmonster for the reply

lads whats the quickest way to level up

do you level up by reading books ?

this game is bloody class i cant stop playing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

that is the quickest way, its just a read away.

But you can work on your primary skills to level up too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

thanks Muffinmonster for the reply

lads whats the quickest way to level up

do you level up by reading books ?

Only with some books. I tend to have a peep at every book I come across, some of them can increase your level just by glancing at them

Only with some books. I tend to have a peep at every book I come across, some of them can increase your level just by glancing at them
    thanks for the reply tba and tankfever

i love this game but if i had to complain about one thing it would be the map
    i think they should have made it clear where the Smiths etc and guilds are
    like colour codes would help

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Someone suggested an Oblivion forum earlier then someone suggested a thread of screenshots. You do know there is a tumbleweed ridden forum called Role Playing which has many oblivion threads including a screeny one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

And some are even worth reading! Thar be good stories in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i have been gettin very annoyed at certain aspects of this game. one being the first ooblivion gate.... absolutely terrible!!! then having to start again cause of the poxy autosave autosaving me with six guards automatically hacking at me with no health. and then being told i could have one persons horse and then i go and take it and the feckers kill me.

i do however enjoy robbing houses. especially enjoyed the weapon shop in the imperial city, and just walking out at about 3 in the morning with a brand new shiny sword just strolling down to my next spot to thieve.

another thing that is annoying me is the lack of stuff i can carry, i think its 175 or somethin while i heard my mate can get 300+. I also cant seem to level up. i must find these books that help leveling up.

question.... when you join the arena and you get your arena clothes(this applies to other items too i suppose) can I just drop the clothes and pick them up when I return or do they disappear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

evad_lhorg wrote:

another thing that is annoying me is the lack of stuff i can carry, i think its 175 or somethin while i heard my mate can get 300+. I also cant seem to level up. i must find these books that help leveling up.

question.... when you join the arena and you get your arena clothes(this applies to other items too i suppose) can I just drop the clothes and pick them up when I return or do they disappear?

I started with 200 carry then when i chose my class it gave me 300.

You can leave them in your house if you have one.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i have been gettin very annoyed at certain aspects of this game. one being the first ooblivion gate.... absolutely terrible!!! then having to start again cause of the poxy autosave autosaving me with six guards automatically hacking at me with no health. and then being told i could have one persons horse and then i go and take it and the feckers kill me.
    Quick save between fights ;)

When you walk up to something if the cursor is red it means you are stealing it. You must of got the wrong horse, nearly did the same thing right at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ahh nearly out of lockpicks again, and i have bought all of ongars supply, anybody know where i can get more?

iv looked and asked every where in waterfront about the thief guild but no look
    how do i join

and the arena is great for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I belive there is a spell one can learn to unlock things.... fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

iv looked and asked every where in waterfront about the thief guild but no look
    how do i join

and the arena is great for money

There are two ways to join. Way 1. Make some begger love you at a 100 persausion and they will tell you about it [will cost a few coins] Or quicker, steal something and get caught (i got caught stealing a horse) get thrown into the prison then when you get out after serving time go back to the market street wait till its nighttime, a dark elf will approach you and slip you a note "from a friend" follow the notes instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I really regret picking a "pre-installed" class, i want to be a good thief but i chose archer and there is no security major class :(

Anyone else choose badly? and i am quite far in the game to quit now. Level 3 but about 5 hours gameplay.
    What would people recommend? I start again or stick it out?

I am an archer but would like to be mage/thief/sneaky

Advice appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

This game is great, but the 360 version suffers from a few niggles like pc aswell, autosaved when i entered a castle, so im playing anyway, try to leave castle, crashes every time:mad: had to load an older save, and i was about a half of hours work wasted. :(

I aint got the time to play this, only 24 hours played since friday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Started playing this with an all night playing session (damn i was tired next day) but was more than worth it.

I am playing as assasian/theif/vampire person so really good agility, acrobatics and very, very good sneak (i can literlly run up to lots people while sneaking and get two 6x attack bonues easily :) )

Only closed my first oblivion gate after 20+ hours of gameplay (was busy doing quests :D, completed dark brotherhood (really can't recommend this enough for the bad people out there to join these as the varity of missions they are brilliant and just great fun (with sweet rewards) and arena, as well as being member of mage and thief guilds) and i'm still only level 7!
    Got me a really sweet horse from dark brotherhood, black horse with red eyes who attacks anyone who attacks me :)

Its got me addicted due just to the scope of things!!
    Spike wrote:
    No one's answered my question yet though..how do you become a vampire? Get bitten by one or something?

Vampiric assassin/thief sounds quite appealing :D

It should sound appealing though has its drawbacks!
    yeah get bitten by one as they're in quite a few of the caves around the place, not sure where though as i choose to become one (an option given to you once your high up in the dark brotherhood! (a path you should follow given your assasin favourtism :P)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If I wasn't 8 hours in I would go back and concentrate everything on security and agility and become an uber thief. At the mo I'm this sort of Mage/Warrior/Part time thief. Good all rounder maybe - I'm in the fighter's, theives and mage's guilds. :D

...and I haven't even delivered the emporer's amulet yet. :eek: Keep getting side tracked. Great game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

God in heaven this game is addictive.

Must....Get....Sleep...

6am :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

evad_lhorg wrote:

i do however enjoy robbing houses. especially enjoyed the weapon shop in the imperial city, and just walking out at about 3 in the morning with a brand new shiny sword just strolling down to my next spot to thieve.

You don't play rpgs much, do you? Think about it ffs, what might they base your carrying capacity on? Willpower! No... Strength, duh :p

Also, have you tried sleeping? You wont level up until you sleep. And they were probably arresting you for stealing all those other horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

We really do need to get some screen shots in here! Any word on an Oblivion forum yet?
    I found myself almost refusing to meet an old friend who was only in town the one night last night in order to play this game! I came to my senses though. The liberation of Kvatch can wait!! Yeeargh!

PS: You gotta love ragdolls, man. Woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I chose a custom class and picked Acrobatics and somfin else that i will never use as everyone gets good at them just by moving.

Would like to change them but i like my lil redgaurd GTA style guy, just need some time to play and get above level 2:(

The RPG forum has exploded with Oblivion threads.

kdjac

Advertisement