Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

having acrobatics as a major isn't that bad, as it goes up fairly often it'll help you level up. I know it'd prob be nicer to put in another skill, but on the second play through you can play as a different class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I just got this for the 360 last night. I was never a huge fan of morrowind but this has me hooked. Went with the dark elf and a custom class (modified assassin, called it bladedancer). Spent about an hour messing around making the face and stuff and then got to the end of the sewers, wasnt happy with it and just hit random a few times :)

Accidentally wandered into the bandit place near where you get out of the sewers and cleared that out, then wandered into sideways cave. Still havent gotten to a town yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Most impressive but can't find the time to do it justice, on a trip from town to town decided to go for a wander off the beaten track very early on, the third time I restarted having been slaughtered by bandits I came to a wee church ruin with a wee door at the bottom of a wee stairwell set into the floor, and what was behind the door, a bloody big forbidding dungeon, populated by skellingtons and mad monks with static electricity issues, result, must must play more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Finished the Dark Brotherhood storyline last night, absolutely amazing, and some nice rewards when you finish it

The main storyline can wait, I'm having too much fun with the guilds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Boro wrote:

Accidentally wandered into the bandit place near where you get out of the sewers and cleared that out, then wandered into sideways cave. Still havent gotten to a town yet!

Pssst - It's behind you! ;)
    When you come out of the sewers, turn around and head south west. You'll come to the walls of the capital city in about a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Also addicted to Oblivion! The fights aren't getting any easier (level 7 Redguard) + Gladiator in the arena. I don't love the fact that the enemies are leveling up as quickly as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Lads quick question

Last night i found UMBRA in Vindasel, and she handed me my ass on a plate!!!

Shes got some kick ass armour and weapons on her, anybody any tips on how to kill her....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

srdb20 wrote:
    Lads quick question

Last night i found UMBRA in Vindasel, and she handed me my ass on a plate!!!

Shes got some kick ass armour and weapons on her, anybody any tips on how to kill her....

I ran into her too. I used my vast acrobatics to get to a spot where she couldn't reach me. However, after putting forty arrows through her head and seeing no drop in her HP I decided that something wierd was going on so I reloaded and decided to wait for some storyline to crop up.

Where was the spot i might try a bit of magic and arrow combo???

Theres no storyline for her as far as i know, i must have that sweet gear!

Theres a bit of a ledge to the left of where the railing/side crumbles down. She won't be able to reach you there.

• Advertisement

Is that the pothole in the ground that you get to before you go down the stairs and talk to her?

Ive tried that but she just runs up and kicks my ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Was readin on a forum somewhere (if i'm thinking of the right person) to kill her
    they found her at the ruins, then made her follow them to the nearest city (i thinks its the imperial city) and about 5-6 city guards attacked her, eventually killing her! Though someone else said they tried this and she killed all the guards (about 10!!). Shes meant to be around level 50ish so not really suprsing
    I myself haven't tried this as haven't found the time to find her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

where is she located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Vindasel,
    which is located south of imperical city i think though i could be very wrong

Shes waiting in a dungeon to the south west of the imperial city!!!

srdb20 wrote:
    Is that the pothole in the ground that you get to before you go down the stairs and talk to her?

Ive tried that but she just runs up and kicks my ass!

Step into the pothole, turn left and use nimble jumpy skills to hop onto a tiny corner of pillar there. You are safe there. If that makes no sense then we're not on the same page yet and I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Branoic wrote:
    Pssst - It's behind you! ;)
    When you come out of the sewers, turn around and head south west. You'll come to the walls of the capital city in about a minute.
    Seemed too easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Loving the game. One thing though - I really like playing as a thief and sneaking around stealing... but there seems to be very very little actually worth stealing, I usually come out of it with a bunch of food at most. Any weapons tend to be worse than my own(from the early part of the main quest) and other items have no value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ok, it just arrived for me today! Holy CRAP! The graphics are gorgeous, and I'm actually shocked just how well it seems to be running on my PC. I thought I'd have to be playing it at minimum settings, but it looks to be running very smooth at medium settings and decent resolution. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

steviec wrote:
    Loving the game. One thing though - I really like playing as a thief and sneaking around stealing... but there seems to be very very little actually worth stealing, I usually come out of it with a bunch of food at most. Any weapons tend to be worse than my own(from the early part of the main quest) and other items have no value.

just pickpocket the people in fancy clothes i get on average 100gold from each :D or you could steal their house key or business key and steal eveything in there at night :D, if your sneak is high enough you can even pickpocket them in bed!

Ok, it just arrived for me today! Holy CRAP! The graphics are gorgeous, and I'm actually shocked just how well it seems to be running on my PC. I thought I'd have to be playing it at minimum settings, but it looks to be running very smooth at medium settings and decent resolution. :)

Hehehe...wait till you get outside... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how do i get the fallen Knights tears
    i know where the place is [iv beat the frost giant ]but how do i get the tears

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

how do i get the fallen Knights tears
    i know where the place is [iv beat the frost giant ]but how do i get the tears

spoiler tags please, ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

spoiler tags please, ffs

Knights tears, frost giants - just given away the entire plot has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sand wrote:

just denied him the chance to **** his pants when a frost giant jumps out when he is looking for the knights tears...its an obsessive game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sand wrote:

yeah, he has actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Zillah wrote:
    Hehehe...wait till you get outside... :D

No, it still runs perfectly fine outside and in cities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am currently playing this mother of a game on my 360 and very impressive it all seems too, bbut I have a couple of reservations about it and was hoping for some feedback from you good people, good when you aren't being vampires, pickpockets, asassins etc.
    I am only a couple of hours in, have aligned myself as a breton, mage, all that type of thing and find that in most encounters I am getting my ass handed to me in violent engagements, like the early castle seige and trips to oblivion, I have just finished poking around in the gloom of the city sewers and having the Mythic Dawn chaps wiping the floor with me, what should I do to stop getting killed so much?
    A dumb question perhaps but the combat seems so random, just flailing about with a sword until one of us, usually me, is dead.
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I am currently playing this mother of a game on my 360 and very impressive it all seems too, bbut I have a couple of reservations about it and was hoping for some feedback from you good people, good when you aren't being vampires, pickpockets, asassins etc.
    I am only a couple of hours in, have aligned myself as a breton, mage, all that type of thing and find that in most encounters I am getting my ass handed to me in violent engagements, like the early castle seige and trips to oblivion, I have just finished poking around in the gloom of the city sewers and having the Mythic Dawn chaps wiping the floor with me, what should I do to stop getting killed so much?
    A dumb question perhaps but the combat seems so random, just flailing about with a sword until one of us, usually me, is dead.
    Any ideas?

If your a Breton mage you should have flare, use it! Early enemies are dispatched pretty easily with it. By sneaking and using well aimed flares you should be able to clear some areas without being touched.

Advertisement