Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

It would seem I have opened a flood gate of where is x trainer.

Surely there's a list constructed somewhere.

In light of these questions the map should have had a number of options attached for identifying trainers/types of merchant/guilds etc - colour coded or what have you.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/oblivion_trainers.txt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh, and while I'm at it, where can you sell stolen goods?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

you can only sell stolen goods to some guy in the theives guild, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Need to be a memeber of the thieves guild and you can "fence" goods to appointed NPC's all over Cyrodill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Gain member ship of the theives guild and you can fence it, ie sell it at cheap prices. You need to do this anyway to progress within the theives guild.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Caff that link is fooked - (not your fault - even when you navigate through that site itself it gives an error)

I found the heavy armour trainer - you can only train 5 times per level across the board - so either 1 bit of training in 5 subjects or 5 bits of training in 1 subject. Bit of a pain - thought I could fast track my training using all the gold I "borrowed" from people and their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Caff that link is fooked - (not your fault - even when you navigate through that site itself it gives an error)

I found the heavy armour trainer - you can only train 5 times per level across the board - so either 1 bit of training in 5 subjects or 5 bits of training in 1 subject. Bit of a pain - thought I could fast track my training using all the gold I "borrowed" from people and their houses.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/game/927345.html

this one work

trainer guide there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Think they needed that to curb the trainers a bit, in morrowind if you found a master trainer you could get a skill from 0-100 within 3minutes if you had the gold for it, I jsut work around it and make sure I have my 5 levels of training every level, keeps your gold at a reasonable level too if you do it from the start of the game.

Looking back this is one of many little things I wished I'd have done since the start. Only finding out these things now when I'm level 11.

Oh and that link doesn't work at all Caff - navigated to that page myself but the actual link to the trainer guide is fubared no matter what way you attack it - unless its my home and work PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

feel free to have a gander at my live profile, just NBA Live in there that I scored points off (Tiger Woods is also there, but I brought it back after a day)

anyway, silly argument, back to Oblivion

eh tank top....... what about burnout, fight night, need for speed,?????????????? two of which you have 1000 points for.... lol

• Advertisement

i cant believe how addictive this game is. i was up until half 6 this morning playing. that was about 7 hours straight and another 5 or so from when i got up. ..... shít I better tlak to my girlfriend. lol

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i cant believe how addictive this game is. i was up until half 6 this morning playing. that was about 7 hours straight and another 5 or so from when i got up. ..... shít I better tlak to my girlfriend. lol
    I'm the same - the only reason I stopped playing on Monday Night/Tuesday morning was the sight of a sunrise through the window.

Girlfriend has been taking a bit too much of a back seat too.

If I've ever felt like a geek, its now. Lovin it.

yea im playin when in bed ya seee and my window is looking out at where the sun rises. ya know its bad when you havnt been drinking and you havnt slept and the sun is rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

OH. MY. GOD.

I was just reading the review, when I stubled across a reference to the automap thingy that will take you to a place instantly.
    I have been WALKING everywhere.... sometimes for over HALF AN HOUR.

*bangs head on desk*

i'm actually regretting the fact that i used the quick-travel so much. it makes the game seem so much smaller, and the exploration part of it seems less common.

it was while walking these half an hour journeys that i found most of the cool stuff in morrowind. next time i play a new char, i'm gonna shun it all together.

Oh god. I'm sick for you. Although your stats much be huge now for speed etc.

Plus all the enemies you'd be meeting along the way much have helped your offensive stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Oh god. I'm sick for you. Although your stats much be huge now for speed etc.

Plus all the enemies you'd be meeting along the way much have helped your offensive stats.

No.... I had a horse given to me by a monk fellow so I dont even have stats. I just ran past the enemies *cry*

Ah. Well I truely am sick for you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Kiith wrote:
    i'm actually regretting the fact that i used the quick-travel so much. it makes the game seem so much smaller, and the exploration part of it seems less common.

it was while walking these half an hour journeys that i found most of the cool stuff in morrowind. next time i play a new char, i'm gonna shun it all together.
    The way Im playing my adventurer (second char) is that if Im travelling a new route, or to a new town I will walk it, but I will quick travel back to town every dungeon or 3 to sell all the loot I picked up, then quick travel to where I left off and continue to journey, you get to explore everything and get to keep your funds up too. Theres actually mods to remove quick travel altogether, and to remove the pointers on the compass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i must really start doing stuff like training and selling. all i have really done is kill wolves, steal a horse and kill people staying at various camp sites in the mountains :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Crashes a lot, only just done the first dungeon, but it's good to be back in Tamriel.

I doubt I'll bother playing much until I get a new 'pooter, but it's still a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Jumpy wrote:
    OH. MY. GOD.

I was just reading the review, when I stubled across a reference to the automap thingy that will take you to a place instantly.
    I have been WALKING everywhere.... sometimes for over HALF AN HOUR.

*bangs head on desk*

damn i didnt know this either, how do u do it?

just had a nice 6 hour session of morrowind on my projector, nice 100inch+ screen :D, i progress very slowly in this game and tes3 as i like to explore A LOT so i have just finished the dagon temple, slow slow slow :D

gline wrote:

just click on any location you have visited in the map, and it will ask you if you want to quick-travel to that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

gline wrote:

just had a nice 6 hour session of morrowind on my projector, nice 100inch+ screen :D, i progress very slowly in this game and tes3 as i like to explore A LOT so i have just finished the dagon temple, slow slow slow :D

n0o00o0o0o0ooooooooobsss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Should i get this? I was never mad into fantasy stuff, is that what this is?
    Whats it like on live?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

*Tripper* wrote:
    Should i get this? I was never mad into fantasy stuff, is that what this is?
    Whats it like on live?

theres no online part of it
    and yeh it is fantasy.. its an rpg

so may not be your cup of tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

*GASPS* No live, blasphamy(spelling). Might give it a go, gilling wolves like, stealing horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

great game

this game will be getting alot of rewards in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tip for always winning the bets at the arena
    make a bet at the weekend and go in the right door
    ull see a person[woman] with a necklace talk to her she'll say something like [i always win because of my lucky necklace]

so get her name and go to the talza square{spelling?]
    impretty sure shes there [ill find out tomorrow my self for sure] but any way kill her in her house and steal the necklace and bobs your uncle you got great luck

you see the arena outcome depends on your luck stat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yoink i think i'll grab that...cheers for the info. gonna hopefully make myself a fortune in bets...

Advertisement