Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wing mirror clipping

Options
  • 22-03-2006 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

2 cars clip wing mirrors along a narrow (but not that narrow) road.
    The first car has just exited from a minor road (turned left) and the incident occurs after this car has completed the turn.
    The second car has its wing mirror broken.
    Is the first car liable for damage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

We're both cars moving? Was one car too far over? What does 2narrow but not that narrow2 mean? ;)
    I'm no expert but I'd say you'd need a photo replay to have any chance of assigning blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

We're both cars moving? Was one car too far over? What does 2narrow but not that narrow2 mean? ;)
    I'm no expert but I'd say you'd need a photo replay to have any chance of assigning blame.

both cars were moving.The road was wide enough -not a cause of the incident.
    The second car claimed the first car was too far over.But the second claimed it was 50/50

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If the road was wide enough, the cars should have passed without touching.

This didn't happen obviously, but core of the issue is who was taking too much space.

I really can't see how who can prove this one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No way to prove it. unless we are talking a laneway then there is enough room for 2 cars.. so unless one car was a LOT over as in on the wrong side of the road.. then its probably a case both of them were hugging the middle of the road trying to avoid pot holes or something... both at fault.. cut losses and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks to everyone for answering

• Advertisement
Advertisement