Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some TNA help please

• 22-03-2006 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

ok i need some help, please.
    1) the twc station show a lot of TNA matches, but they all seem to be old, is sunday night the only night to see new matches?
    2) i watched some of it this sunday it was on from 8-12, is this normal?
    3) the old matches have normal rings, the new matches have hexagon rings, why?
    4) on sunday JJ (double j) said to christan "you are only going to be a transitional champion like your brother up north". why did he say up north?
    5)how many wrestlers are in the TNA?
    6) is it called TNA, NWA or NWATNA?
    7) how many years is TNA on the go
    8) do you reckon vince will buy it?
    well i know i would have figured it all out some day, but what the heck ye guys can help me. thanks. (i am sure i had one or two more questions)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

oh, 9) how came the women are not as hot looking as the wwe women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ONI

triple h wrote:
    ok i need some help, please.
    1) the twc station show a lot of TNA matches, but they all seem to be old, is sunday night the only night to see new matches?
    2) i watched some of it this sunday it was on from 8-12, is this normal?
    3) the old matches have normal rings, the new matches have hexagon rings, why?
    4) on sunday JJ (double j) said to christan "you are only going to be a transitional champion like your brother up north". why did he say up north?
    5)how many wrestlers are in the TNA?
    6) is it called TNA, NWA or NWATNA?
    7) how many years is TNA on the go
    8) do you reckon vince will buy it?
    well i know i would have figured it all out some day, but what the heck ye guys can help me. thanks. (i am sure i had one or two more questions)

1 yes there old but there bout aweek behind
    2 that was a ppv happens once a month
    3 when they moved to universal studios jeff jarrett thought up the six sided
    4 wwe is new york headquaters up north tna is a southern company
    5 bout 25 regulars but many wrestlers come and go
    6 nwa is the governing body that all organisations used to be apart of including wwe not any more though TNA is the company
    7 bout 5-6 years
    8 no the jarretts own it and they are only gettin started so it would be stupid to sell up now
    9 the women are mainly all wwe rejects so thats a unfair comment and most of tna women can wrestle unlike wwe covergirs sorry i mean women "wrestlers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

1) TNA Impact on saturday nights is up to date. Its only 1 week behind the States
    2) What you saw on sunday was Destination X the pay-per-view. They are usually 3 1/2 hours long. Again, they show on TWC a week later than Stateside
    3) The 'normal' rings are on Classic TNA. Impact will be up-to-date
    4) Jarrett said 'up north' cos TNA is based in the southern States on America
    5) TNA wouldnt have as many wrestlers as Raw & Smackdown combined, but they have a full locker room with 2 divisions: 'normal' (heavyweights et all) and the X division (kind of like Smackdowns Cruiserweights but with no move restriction)
    6) NWA is the organisation. TNA:IMPACT is baically their name instead of Smackdown or Raw
    7) TNA has been on the go for about 4 1/2 years now. It started off in small halls (ala ECW) but has since moved onto bigger 'Impact zones'
    8) TNA is too big/successful for Vince to buy it out. Plus they'd never sell up unless they were gonna go bust (like ECW/WCW). At the moment, TNA can only get bigger. Fans love the high quality pay-per-views and the X Divisions high octane matches. Plus The Dudley Boyz (Team 3D), Rhino, Ron Killings & Christian are all well used in TNA.
    Vince would probably like to raid TNA's locker-room (he's tried to sign AJ Styles on several occasions), but all their wrestlers seem committed to their cause (making TNA a 'challenge' for WWE)

.... and to answer your other question

9) you can probably tell that TNA doesnt have a womens division just yet. They only have an hour long show to fit a pay-per-views worth of talent onto. As for as I remember, TNA's Divas, or 'Knockouts' as they're called, are Jackie Gayda, Gail Kim & Traci Brooks. Aparently Christy Hemme is set to sign with them (and work a storyline with Raven upon his return). As for why they are not 'hot'... I suppose thats just a matter of opinion. Given that there's only three to choose from, options are hardly varied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

1) I think they air Impact (its signature show) on TWC on saturday night, a week after it actually happened. Up til this year they were about 5 weeks behind
    6) The TNA bit stands for Total Nonstop Action - which is kinda what it provides
    7) This year is it's 4th year
    9) Your one Traci is the ugliest "diva" ever

Right now it's a more exciting product than WWE, well worth getting into. Their focal point is the X Division which provides quality fast paced action and unique types of matches such as Ultimate X.

Vince would probably like to raid TNA's locker-room (he's tried to sign AJ Styles on several occasions), but all their wrestlers seem committed to their cause (making TNA a 'challenge' for WWE)

Vince wants Samoa Joe too. The likes of Joe and Styles would be crazy to go up North as they wouldnt be used to their full potential. Look at Paul London. If he was at TNA he would be well in contention for the X Div title, but instead he's being sh@t upon on Velocity every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

ONI wrote:
    8 no the jarretts own it and they are only gettin started so it would be stupid to sell up now

The Jarrett's don't actually have any ownership in it anymore. There was a story going around a while ago about Panda Energy selling their majority share to someone, but it wouldn't make sense. They've invested a lot into it over the last few years, and they believe they're going to start making some profits on it soon

castagnoli wrote:
    Vince wants Samoa Joe too. The likes of Joe and Styles would be crazy to go up North as they wouldnt be used to their full potential. Look at Paul London. If he was at TNA he would be well in contention for the X Div title, but instead he's being sh@t upon on Velocity every week

Well, I keep thinking back to something CM Punk said when he signed with WWE. Shannon Moore had just been released at the time, and Punk said look at him now, he's got a big house, nice car, plenty of money. And Shannon's just signed back with WWE this week after doing well in TNA, so there's obviously something worthwhile there in his mind. Paul London wouldn't be guaranteed the sort of money he's making in WWE if he were with TNA, and who knows how long he'll be around to wrestle? It works both ways though, the TNA guys definitely come across as more passionate, and they obviously do have a love for wrestling over money

Man I wasn't at all impressed by Shannon Moore in TNA. Maybe it's down to his ridiculous image, it did nothing for me, who knows.

I just think it's a shame seeing amazing talents like London, Kendrick and Noble (I'm sooo biased toward ROH!!!), basically being ignored by the WWE. OK I accept the fact that money is such a big issue, but those three guys, and alot of others, really should be on a bigger stage. TNA midcard is definately a bigger stage than Velocity. This is why I really hope TNA solidify their position and grow even bigger.

As for the man CM Punk... this guy needs to headline WrestleMania's in years to come. He's the best I've seen (heard?) on a mic in years, bar none, and he has in ring talent to burn. I heard a few ridiculous ideas for Punk's gimmick when he debuts. Stupid ideas like him being deaf, and even worse, coming in as Orlando Jordan's homosexual partner!?!!? Gimme a break!
    The ideal thing would be for him to come in with his Straight Edge character and fued with either Austin or Edge. Imagine the heat he would get telling Austin that he is better than him because he is alcohol free?
    And I would pay to see Punk call Lita a whore!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

From what I heard,TNA offered Shannon Moore a contract,it was for 28 apperances at 500 dollers each!?!?
    Tna Stars dont get paid near as much as WWE stars as they dont do house shows...
    Most WWE stars get paid according to the gate at house shows,thats why people like,val venis,holly etc...do so well

And except for "real" wrestling fans,most people have no idea what TNA is about...if u asked a kid on the street who A.J styles was i would bet that they wouldnt have a clue

This is true, but compared to this time last year, figures watching TNA on the Wrestling Channel have multiplied. I think it's fast paced style will attract a bigger audience for them.
    I was just on the wwe.com smackdown superstars page and Bob Holly wasn't there. Did anyone hear of his getting released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

well thanks very much guys that was a great help and now i can watch it and have no niggling questions in my mind. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

castagnoli wrote:
    I was just on the wwe.com smackdown superstars page and Bob Holly wasn't there. Did anyone hear of his getting released?

As far as Im aware (and God knows Ive been wrong before), he was nursing a long term injury. I think he's over it now, but he isn't ready for TV yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Holly is on the SD superstars page..

Fozzy wrote:
    Holly is on the SD superstars page..

So he is.:o
    What was i on when i posted that?

Advertisement