Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling BTIreland dial up account...

• 22-03-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

I just got in the the permanet broad band, and it is working great for me, but i need to get rid of eircom and btireland. I will just tell Eircom that i don't need the line anymore and they can cancel, but I am wondering should i btireland that i will be cancelling the direct debit to them, or i will be ok with just telling the bank to cancel it?
    I have the BTIreland's 180 hrs per month flat rate dialup service for over a year now, so i don't think i should be tied into the contract anymore.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Both. Make sure you tell BT Ireland in writing, and register the letter. If you don't, you'll regret it later. Trust me on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thanks will do... I'd hate to get stung for a few euro over something small like it, even though they are nothing better than a bunch of robbers, but i guess we still have to do things by the book...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure your flat rate contract ends at the end of your billing period, if thats over 30 days away give the notice accordingly.

Advertisement