Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best gel for emo hair?

• 22-03-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I am planning on gelling my hair up in that emo way.
    But I need the best gel to do so. Which gel do you think is the better one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Dont use gel, use wax. "Dax wax" is the best.

Dont worry its not like candle wax and u can get it everywhere + it looks way better for that emo stlye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Are you sure you want to do that?

I'm pretty sure the emo look is the worse look i've ever seen in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Man Gel - there are alot of stockists in the Cork area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

i use bryllcream and its bryll:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

shockwaves is terrible for holding up. so is dax wax "short and neat". when it says short it means very short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Are we talking about the emo scruffy look with it all over your face and such? Well if thats the case then make sure you don't get any wax based product as it will result in a massive break out of spots on your forehead more than likely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

wtf is emo look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

emohair-31616.jpg

This is emo hair.. It looks pretty good on some people, but then you'll be associated with being emo, and emo's are gay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

im not an emo but i have an inverted a-line bob type thing goin on. i use Fructis Surf Wax, it leaves a lovely matte finish n a little goes a long way, and sometimes Wax Junkie by MD.that stuff smells like bubblegum.
    and hairspray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Yeah fructis is pretty good but u mite try VO5 texturising gum. Works well and washes out easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

try using brylcream, its the one that comes in a tub and the tub is red. its pretty good and doesnt make your hair go rock solid like most gels.

D-Generate wrote:
    Are we talking about the emo scruffy look with it all over your face and such? Well if thats the case then make sure you don't get any wax based product as it will result in a massive break out of spots on your forehead more than likely.

bullsh*t, that doesnt happen!!!

Ps i feel like Tachos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yeah it does. Talk to any hairdresser/barber and they will tell you.

FX Meister wrote:
    Yeah it does. Talk to any hairdresser/barber and they will tell you.

ill take your word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Banter removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what does emo mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

here is a definition for emo music: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29

but here is a definition for emo fashion and style associated with the music: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Its called a tear-catcher.
    And Black and White wax is far superior to Dax.

The gay looking hair swashed in front of the face is for catching tears???? That's laughable, I'm sorry.

base2 wrote:
    Its called a tear-catcher.

:D A friend of mine has one. I wonder how he'll react when i tell him what its called:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

^^^

Stay on topic please, folks.

Would it not be easy to just listen to a My Chemical Romance CD rather than out wax in it? Surely the tears cried would keep the hair most thus eliminating the need for wax to shape and hold it.

Right, enough emo-bashing. This isn't the place for it. Have a week's ban, FXMeister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

cotwold wrote:
    bullsh*t, that doesnt happen!!!

Ps i feel like Tachos

Haha, Hollywood Undead.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Ask the next emo-styled person you see what gel they use; after all they'd know better than anyone else.

Advertisement